Curious about frame rate for most players.

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Kosmonaut_ #1 Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4698 battles
Hi, sorta noob here, I was curious what you all are getting for FPS in battles these days?  My janky HP from Walmart gives me a whopping 18-24 FPS during furballs, maybe touching 30 before the bullets start to fly, and on some maps (Winter War esp) dips down to as low as 15 FPS.  And yet I can get a few kills :).  I've read on the forums that some of you are cranking near 100 FPS?  What the heck is that like? :)   I'm new to video games but can you high FPS players somehow tell that someone you're flying against is getting 18 FPS?  Does their plane stutter and jerk around?  Are we easier targets?  I assume it's easier to aim on something that is actively maneuvering if you have a higher FPS?  Is that why all the WHACK guys keep murdering me?  Noob questions I know, but I'm curious.   And no, I'm not buying a better video card, it's a free game :)

Mackunaima #2 Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20730 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostEpicFlash76, on 06 March 2017 - 09:36 AM, said:

Hi, sorta noob here, I was curious what you all are getting for FPS in battles these days?  My janky HP from Walmart gives me a whopping 18-24 FPS during furballs, maybe touching 30 before the bullets start to fly, and on some maps (Winter War esp) dips down to as low as 15 FPS.  And yet I can get a few kills :).
I've read on the forums that some of you are cranking near 100 FPS? Yeah, a few guys over here are playing within a very good hack. They can go higher 100 FPS, sometimes 120 FPS.
 What the heck is that like? :)  Mainly good video card over PC. Some laptops can get something close to 60 FPS.

I'm new to video games but can you high FPS players somehow tell that someone you're flying against is getting 18 FPS? No they can't. The only thing veteran players can figure ut sometimes is just about your ping. But will be a guess without any proof.

Does their plane stutter and jerk around? No, but I don't think low FPS is the main problem over here for most of people. The main issue is high ping or package loss.

Are we easier targets? No, low FPS dosen't turn you into an easier target. I always played this game under 30 FPS using a laptop and very low graphs ( I never could see water just dark matter under me, figure it out ).

I assume it's easier to aim on something that is actively maneuvering if you have a higher FPS? Yep.. Cuz you will have more consistent path to predict where your enemy will be.

Is that why all the WHACK guys keep murdering me? I think the reason is another thing but Im going to figure it out when I come back.
Noob questions I know, but I'm curious.   And no, I'm not buying a better video card, it's a free game :)

So many questions..

Im going to answer inside your quesions quoted.

Regards,

Mack

"Certainty of death. Small chance of success. What are we waiting for?" - Gimli

_Laserguided_ #3 Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:35 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4277 battles
100-150

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.  -- Auto

"Dont doubt my computer skills,I started with a pentium 2" -- Chuck

Thanks zipper..-- Mars

TeamTerrible #4 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:38 PM

First Lieutenant

• 46394 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

You can try lowering your settings by shutting off certain items such as motion blur, foliage, water, post effect quality and it should help run the game smoother

As for them Whacks just tie a bottle of choice rum on your wingman's tail and they'll chase after them instead.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #5 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7704 battles
I run over 100 and I'm still on a GTX 660 card. This game isn't that demanding, even in HD. 

Noreaga #6 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

like they said you can get a good boost to FPS if you turn almost everything off, there was a mod back in the day that turned off the cloud art but not the effect. Downside of that is planes will randomly disappear and it will take some time to get used to invisible clouds.

before i got my new video card i could play ok up until 10 fps then it just gets painfull. 30fps and higher is optimal for me.

Look at whawks taking names, next people will start saying "whawkshack.exe"

gratz guys

Edited by Noreaga, 06 March 2017 - 03:54 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

DrSinister #7 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:48 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 4871 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Most typical PCs out of Walmart Physical Store normally will not suffice at playing most PC Video Games.  Their Online Store, if you know what to look for do have some good PCs, Cyberpower PC brands (had one of these several years ago from their site not Walmart's).  Most likely that HP you got from Walmart does not have a Dedicated Video Card, probably using an onboard card.

My rig here has an old vid card 750 Ti w/ 2 Gb VRAM, yet I have no problems getting 50-60 fps all on Very High settings.

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 06 March 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

I run over 100 and I'm still on a GTX 660 card. This game isn't that demanding, even in HD. 

Correct it is not demanding, but a lot of onboard video struggle to render this game properly, and if he has a Walmart sold HP PC, and I have look at many of them at the store, they do not typically have a high end oneboard video or a dedicated video card.

Edited by DrSinister, 06 March 2017 - 03:50 PM.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #8 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7704 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 06 March 2017 - 03:48 PM, said:

Most typical PCs out of Walmart Physical Store normally will not suffice at playing most PC Video Games.  Their Online Store, if you know what to look for do have some good PCs, Cyberpower PC brands (had one of these several years ago from their site not Walmart's).  Most likely that HP you got from Walmart does not have a Dedicated Video Card, probably using an onboard card.

My rig here has an old vid card 750 Ti w/ 2 Gb VRAM, yet I have no problems getting 50-60 fps all on Very High settings.

Correct it is not demanding, but a lot of onboard video struggle to render this game properly, and if he has a Walmart sold HP PC, and I have look at many of them at the store, they do not typically have a high end oneboard video or a dedicated video card.

Depending on the MB in that thing, he may be able to get a cheap card that could help him out. 

Kosmonaut_ #9 Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:17 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4698 battles
Hey thanks for the advice guys!  I took it and cranked all the graphic setting down to zip and now my FPS is in the 40s whoo!  Just tried it out and it makes a world of difference.  Of course that weird water effect will take some getting used to but I did just kill a corkscrewing I-15 in a power dive...

BrushWolf #10 Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:19 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostEpicFlash76, on 06 March 2017 - 10:17 AM, said:

Hey thanks for the advice guys!  I took it and cranked all the graphic setting down to zip and now my FPS is in the 40s whoo!  Just tried it out and it makes a world of difference.  Of course that weird water effect will take some getting used to but I did just kill a corkscrewing I-15 in a power dive...

Carefully tweak up the settings. Your FPS will drop some but it will look better and if you can get a steady 30 you will be fine.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

20thCenturyLtd #11 Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

View PostEpicFlash76, on 06 March 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

Hi, sorta noob here, I was curious what you all are getting for FPS in battles these days?  My janky HP from Walmart gives me a whopping 18-24 FPS during furballs, maybe touching 30 before the bullets start to fly, and on some maps (Winter War esp) dips down to as low as 15 FPS.  And yet I can get a few kills :).  I've read on the forums that some of you are cranking near 100 FPS?  What the heck is that like? :)   I'm new to video games but can you high FPS players somehow tell that someone you're flying against is getting 18 FPS?  Does their plane stutter and jerk around?  Are we easier targets?  I assume it's easier to aim on something that is actively maneuvering if you have a higher FPS?  Is that why all the WHACK guys keep murdering me?  Noob questions I know, but I'm curious.   And no, I'm not buying a better video card, it's a free game :)

I can't answer any of your technical questions, but I can answer this one: " Is that why all the WHAWK guys keep murdering me?" No, it's not. It's because they are really good...period.

Noreaga #12 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 06 March 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

I can't answer any of your technical questions, but I can answer this one: " Is that why all the WHAWK guys keep murdering me?" No, it's not. It's because they are really good...period.

no its the whawkhack.exe, they ruin the game !

Nimis obnoxii curare

20thCenturyLtd #13 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:04 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

View PostNoreaga, on 06 March 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

Nor, no giving away the family secrets. it won't be long now before we are discovered too !!

Noreaga #14 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
:D

Nimis obnoxii curare

oldiowaguy #15 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15691 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostNoreaga, on 06 March 2017 - 02:00 PM, said:

SSSHHHHHHHH! That's not what Dr.Sinister called it when he coded it for us! It was MADVorhaxan.exe

Edited by oldiowaguy, 06 March 2017 - 08:06 PM.

20thCenturyLtd #16 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:08 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18543 battles

View Postoldiowaguy, on 06 March 2017 - 02:05 PM, said:

SSSHHHHHHHH! That's not what Dr.Sinister called it when he coded it for us! It was MADVorhaxan.exe

Oh great...you too now !! "Loose lips sink ships" guys !!

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 06 March 2017 - 08:10 PM.

losttwo #17 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

All I can share on this topic is my own experience with low FPS and low end computers.

Winter War or night map is absolute murder on FPS. I normally run 12 to 16 FPS in a full battle.

I have to go high and wait at the back of the battle for most of the teams to eliminate each other.

When there is about 6 players per side my FPS will run about 18 to 24 and I can have a chance at carrying a battle.

The more humans I face the lower the FPS, so my play time is limited to very low population levels.

Keep an eye out for your computer cooling fan. My fan just currently went belly up and now I can not play.

I log in to game and then thermal shut down.

I can still run my computer and do internet stuff, just can not play the game.

It is not impossible to maintain a 60% or better win rate ( if you are concerned ) while running in low end gaming.

I have managed to stay above 60% for a long time running below 30 FPS and dealing with computer problems.

I am just to cheap to purchase a money machine for 1 single game.

losttwo #18 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Did I say go high ? I meant.. get high and wait, once it kicks in and most of the team is eliminated it just wont mater anymore.

The bots will win it anyway, :hiding:

Kosmonaut_ #19 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:22 PM

Master Sergeant

• 4698 battles
All good advice, I'll take it to heart.  I am sorta kinda worried that WoWP 2.0 will have higher minimum system requirements than what it does now, which will put a lot of us out of business. 

Noreaga #20 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEpicFlash76, on 06 March 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

All good advice, I'll take it to heart.  I am sorta kinda worried that WoWP 2.0 will have higher minimum system requirements than what it does now, which will put a lot of us out of business. 

i checked online, because i was curious. you could get a reasonable second hand  video card for 30-50, depends on how much you like the game. 50$ for 8-12 months of fun is worthwhile to me, but you are not me so ill leave it to you !

Nimis obnoxii curare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users