Senior Airman

• 13624 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

Main gripes with Wowp:

Allied Bots don't fininish their Kills

Allied Bots weakly aggressive, meanwhile enemy Bots are relentless

Enemy Bots never miss and use gold ammo

Enemy always maneuver better regardless of what plane you're using

Enemy harder to kill (ammo have no effect),   meanwhile my planes are easily destroyed

Enemy Bots guns never overheat

How the hell can a P-47B out turn a Yak 1M

Allied AAs have no effect on Enemy (especially enemy attack planes)

Plane spec.  ammo, maneuverability, hit points don't match gameplay

70% of the time,  my team gets wiped out in less than  3 mins.   Match Making not balanced

I know people will say it's my gameplay that's the problem.

Edited by Warp_5, 05 March 2017 - 09:40 PM.

Topsight #2 Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34414 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

There is some truth in your words. The matchmaker indeed fills the teams with bots of different skill levels. For example, on low tiers there are only newbie bots, on mediums there might be 1-2 newbies, most medium and 1-2 highly skilled bots. At high tier bots are medium and highly skilled. The matchmaker does not pair bots based on skillsets though, so one team might have an ace heavy fighter bot paired to a similar fighter or attack aircraft.

Hope this helps from a past Developers Blog.

In short, expect it...

20thCenturyLtd #3 Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18264 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWarp_5, on 05 March 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

Main gripes with Wowp:

Allied Bots don't fininish their Kills- Yeah, usually they finish mine.

Allied Bots weakly aggressive, meanwhile enemy Bots are relentless- No, that goes both ways.

Enemy Bots never miss and use gold ammo- Sorry, but they all do.

Enemy always maneuver better regardless of what plane you're using- Veteran Bots can do a better job of maneuvering than many players can.

Enemy harder to kill (ammo have no effect),   meanwhile my planes are easily destroyed- No, just not the case.

Enemy Bots guns never overheat- I've seen plenty of cannon armed Bots overheat their guns while chasing a target.

How the hell can a P-47B out turn a Yak 1M- It can't...period. If you are trying to turn fight in that situation, you are doing it wrong.

Allied AAs have no effect on Enemy (especially enemy attack planes)- Plain false.

Plane spec.  ammo, maneuverability, hit points don't match gameplay- See "P47B can't out turn Yak" above.

70% of the time,  my team gets wiped out in less than  3 mins.   Match Making not balanced- See "P47B can't out turn Yak" above.

I know people will say it's my gameplay that's the problem.- Yep

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 05 March 2017 - 09:56 PM.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

20thCenturyLtd #4 Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18264 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTopsight, on 05 March 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

There is some truth in your words. The matchmaker indeed fills the teams with bots of different skill levels. For example, on low tiers there are only newbie bots, on mediums there might be 1-2 newbies, most medium and 1-2 highly skilled bots. At high tier bots are medium and highly skilled. The matchmaker does not pair bots based on skillsets though, so one team might have an ace heavy fighter bot paired to a similar fighter or attack aircraft.

In short, expect it...

I especially hate when MM puts a F4U-4 against a P47N......sooooooooooooo unfair !!

Edited by 20thCenturyLtd, 05 March 2017 - 10:19 PM.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

GouIdy #5 Posted 05 March 2017 - 09:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18256 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostWarp_5, on 05 March 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Enemy harder to kill (ammo have no effect),   meanwhile my planes are easily destroyed

70% of the time,  my team gets wiped out in less than  3 mins.   Match Making not balanced

Everybody plays with the same bots, some bots seem to do well while others are horrible just like the human players.

Edited by GouIdy, 05 March 2017 - 09:57 PM.

Lethalhavoc #6 Posted 05 March 2017 - 10:29 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 05 March 2017 - 09:55 PM, said:

I especially hate when MM puts a F4U-4 against a P47N......sooooooooooooo unfair !!

Oh snap!

Rosebud #7 Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11975 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostWarp_5, on 05 March 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Main gripes with Wowp:

Allied Bots don't fininish their Kills

Allied Bots weakly aggressive, meanwhile enemy Bots are relentless

Enemy Bots never miss and use gold ammo

Enemy Bots guns never overheat

Allied AAs have no effect on Enemy (especially enemy attack planes)

Plane spec.  ammo, maneuverability, hit points don't match gameplay

I would say that it's interesting that your 11th post after 12K battles would fall into the complaint category. You will (rightly so) receive many justly deserved  admonishments for its subject matter. It is frustrating at times but everyone flies against the same bots. We all face unequal distributions of said bots. We all experience the same amazement when it comes to bots abilities. Sadly you either except the challenge or get driven off by it. No one would have a better record then you if they took the same attitude you have chosen.

Edited by Rosebud, 05 March 2017 - 11:31 PM.

ArrowZ_ #8 Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:30 PM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9554 battles
You just need to fly with the right people so you can learn the best methods of gameplay in WOWP. Also don't fall for the "1xxxx battles means this guy knows his stuff" trap. Battles aren't everything in WOWP. It's just another indication of how any of us have spent trial & error in trying different planes, gameplay styles, crew skills, equipment combinations etc. The real measure of skill is how you learn from your mistakes & improve from it. Not complain about them. Easy to preach than practice I know. But that's just part of the learning curve isn't it?

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Omega_Weapon #9 Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:47 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10371 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 05 March 2017 - 04:54 PM, said:

Allied AAs have no effect on Enemy (especially enemy attack planes)- Plain false.

​Actually that does happen sometimes. On more than a few occasions I have kited superior enemy planes over concentrations of friendly AA and watched with great disappointment as their health remains at 100% until they finally kill me after 1 or 2 minutes. We are low and totally in range but no evidence that friendly AA even shoots, let alone hits for a single HP. Doesn't always happen though, so it might just be a bug.

losttwo #10 Posted 06 March 2017 - 02:31 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Am I missing something here or am I just missing something all together ?

Due to your list of complaints i decided at your stats on WOWPtoday.

All I can see is a listing for " ALL " battles and none for the other categories of " X Days ", " XX Days ", " XXX Days "

This tells me that you recently just returned to game play today.

Now looking at your plane list and battle count/ win rate for each one also tells me that it is how you are playing the game.

I state this because the planes you have more than 100 battles with do not even have a 60% win rate in.

So, what did you do ?

You played a few games today and decide to whine about game play while not even understanding how to play the game.

Unless of course you fly regularly under an alternate account.

This account just doesn't know what it is speaking about and shows everyone proof that there are snowflakes playing this game.

Warp_5 #11 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:34 AM

Senior Airman

• 13624 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostRosebud, on 05 March 2017 - 11:14 PM, said:

I would say that it's interesting that your 11th post after 12K battles would fall into the complaint category. You will (rightly so) receive many justly deserved  admonishments for its subject matter. It is frustrating at times but everyone flies against the same bots. We all face unequal distributions of said bots. We all experience the same amazement when it comes to bots abilities. Sadly you either except the challenge or get driven off by it. No one would have a better record then you if they took the same attitude you have chosen.

Well I've been playing this game for over 2yrs.  And all my complaint are based on my perceptions in the game/battles.  60-70% of battles,  my teams are defeated in less than 3min.

Universal ammo I use within range have little effect.  Meanwhile enemy's hits are fatal within 2-4 hits.  Also how the hell can an attack plane out turn a FIGHTER !!

Warp_5 #12 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:43 AM

Senior Airman

• 13624 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

View PostTopsight, on 05 March 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

In short, expect it...

Very impressed.  Didn't expect to get a response from Editor/programmer.

One suggestion for future update to WOWP 2.0.0.0 +  Maybe Bots can be assigned to a player in battles.  And players can give Bot wing-men commands.  

Rosebud #13 Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11975 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostWarp_5, on 05 March 2017 - 10:34 PM, said:

Well I've been playing this game for over 2yrs.  And all my complaint are based on my perceptions in the game/battles.  60-70% of battles,  my teams are defeated in less than 3min.

Universal ammo I use within range have little effect.  Meanwhile enemy's hits are fatal within 2-4 hits.  Also how the hell can an attack plane out turn a FIGHTER !!

I do not want to see you give up on the game...however after looking at your stats I can state with a fair degree of accuracy that you are doing something fundamentally wrong. It's ok, we all have space to learn. Might I suggest you record a few of your battles and post them for the gentlemen here. In the vast majority of cases if you simply ask for assistance the guys here are happy to point out tactical and strategic faults. I don't mean any offense but whatever you're doing now, ain't working.

Quesnel #14 Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:08 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12881 battles

Hang in there, things might change. 

Edited by Quesnel, 06 March 2017 - 04:10 AM.

ArrowZ_ #15 Posted 06 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 9554 battles

View PostWarp_5, on 06 March 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Also how the hell can an attack plane out turn a FIGHTER !!

I'm going to take the bait and enlighten you in some rather general advice generated from years of experience playing this game. Here goes: (WARNING - long post)

In the right circumstances a GA can outturn a "Light Fighter" or a "Multirole Fighter" or even a Heavy Fighter. Most of these cases occur at low altitude near the ground where the GA excels at and where most "Light Fighters" & "Multirole Fighters" (Lets just abbreviate LF & MRF from now on to save space) lose their performance. Now by game design, this is possible with the planes IL2 (mod) Tier 5, IL-10 (Tier 7) & IL-10M (Tier 8), NC1070, German GAs Tiers 7-8. Most of these GAs can outturn any LF/MRF even at the most difficult furballs at both sides who knows what they are doing. There are rare cases where the Jet GAs at higher tiers (USSR & German) can really turn the tide of the battle by simple using their planes strength at low altittudes with speed and long range guns. This is achievable by having an experienced player flying that said high tier GA that is well equipped to match the crew skills chosen for both pilot & TG (which could apply to any gameplay situation at any plane).

How do you counter this you ask? Simple = Stay on top of the enemy GA at all times in a BnZ fashion (That's Boom n Zoom if you're not familiar with the term just to be sure). This involves maintaining your speed and conserving your energy to convert as altitude, much like how you fly Heavy FIghters (HF) at high altitudes. The only difference here is you're doing it at much lower altitudes and you have to avoid getting hit by a tailgunner.  But now don't go shooting straight up to the sky and waiting to stall out. You'll just let that GA run away! Choose your moments when fighting a reasonably skilled GA player (the actual live players, not the bots - they don't count)

View PostWarp_5, on 06 March 2017 - 01:04 PM, said:

Universal ammo I use within range have little effect.  Meanwhile enemy's hits are fatal within 2-4 hits. 

There are alot of factors to consider in this supposed situation that you have here. The calibre in question of use during the battle is one. And at what range did you shoot at that is "within range" is another. To explain the second part you need to understand the behaviours of our long existing "Bot" Players (The AI  that help fill the battles to ensure you have an enjoyable 10v10 at the very least!). Depending on the skill levels of these bots (yes there are differing skill levels or difficulties if you will), their gun accuracy will be determined. Although I've found regardless of that difficulty even a newby Bot can chew you up in seconds if you don't pay attention to your behind which is inconvenient isn't it? Which I suspect to be the case here. A simple case of acquiring more situational awareness to snuff out those sneaky bot bastards that like to ride your tail when you least expect it. So solution = Pay more attention to your surroundings and where your enemy is on both the map/radar, and EVADE when you notice your tail is being light up.

So that's the second part done. Now to tackle the first part which is a little harder to explain. But to generalize it (as is the promise at the start of this post) it all boils down to practicing your aim & accuracy with differing gun calibres and how to take into account its weight and leading your shots to compensate for the slow velocities. eg. 12.7mm will deal damage when right on target with the lead indicator (the red circly thingy) while a 30mm calibre will require a longer lead to adjust that sluggish gun velocity so you can land hits (how fast a bullet travels in a straight line). This is all assuming you have a low latency performance of course (playing close to the server's location). Your hits tend to register better the lower your latency is (just additional info if you didn't know). Now this information becomes radically thrown out of the window when you reach the High tier Jets. Their insane speeds just mess up the whole concept of leading properly in order to land your hits even with a low calibre which at those tiers it is the 12.7mm or .50cal. In these situations you have to pick your moments when opportunities arise to unload on an unaware enemy jet fighter (HF included). Leading ahead of the reticle is very common in the higher tiers especially during high speed turns. The type of Ammo that you should use doesn't matter as much here than it does in the other game. Just stick to standard. It's cost efficient and does nearly the same damage and procs the same Critical & Fire effects. Gold ammo just increases the chance those effects turning up which can be useful but a waste of gold/silver in a regular pub match.

Solution = Practice, Observe, Learn & Improve (applies to anything really)(also not in that order)

Shooting in WOWP doesn't come naturally. It takes time. Get used to reading the enemy's movements, how your shots react to a enemy plane evading and how you need to adjust in order to land those hits. Gun accuracy and aiming is one of the hardest learning curves in this game.

Hope all that helps. It's up to you whether you want to read all that TL'DR post  :)

(Also. Don't be scared to ask some of the guys in these forums to Flight up. There's still a few here that are willing to give a hand)

Edited by ArrowZ_, 06 March 2017 - 06:06 AM.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

gerr22 #16 Posted 06 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14279 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ

maybe a dumb question have you asked your clan for help you know flighting with somebody that un biastly tells you what you are doing wrong

that is a good clan you have there try it

Noreaga #17 Posted 06 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postgerr22, on 06 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

maybe a dumb question have you asked your clan for help you know flighting with somebody that un biastly tells you what you are doing wrong

that is a good clan you have there try it

good advice this, while i agree with 20th on his responses to your points. You obviously are frustrated, constructive criticism from someone you know might work better and get you feeling more confident.

also how is your F2 voodoo ? 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Im_the_Juggernaut_Beotch #18 Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:19 PM

Senior Airman

• 3397 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

I don't mind honest criticism.  And yes Bots (allied and enemy) do frustrate me in this game.

There could be a lot of factors that may contribute to the many defeats in WoWP.

Computer equipment (age of cpu, graphics card, OS, memory and use of a mouse vs joystick) could be a major factor.

In many cases, I have no control over Match Making and who I'm teamed with.   There been many times I've made Ace ++ in kills and my team had more kills than opponent but we lost do to superiority points.   Despite the frustrations in this game, I play it almost every day.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users