MagusGerhardt

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Wesrin #1 Posted 04 March 2017 - 11:40 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6284 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Hey all. Yeah, I'm still alive and around. I'm dropping by to let you all know that Magus' house has succumbed to an electrical fire. The most important news is no one was hurt, including Magus. Unfortunately from the details I am getting the house and everything inside is a total loss. As you can imagine Magus is focusing on getting his situation squared away, but in the meantime one of his friends has established a GoFundMe account.

I have been RL friends with Brian for 7 years now, and I can say the guy is a class act. He's been one of the VERY few people who I have a genuine sense of respect for, and he has given so much of his personal time and energy not just to Warplanes, but to the Wargaming series in general. He introduced me to these games, and has been my wingman for the time I played Warplanes.

I do not expect anything from anyone, and I do not believe in guilting charity out of others. However, if you can spare anything, even a single dollar, it will help Brian (Magus) keep a roof over his head until they can get this disaster sorted out.

Thanks in advance. If you're the praying kind, I know for a fact he'd appreciate your well-wishes during this very trying time.

https://www.gofundme...useRecoveryFund

Edited by Wesrin, 04 March 2017 - 11:41 PM.

Fly me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #2 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 7698 battles

Holy F! 

I'm assuming he was insured? If so, he'll be back on his feet in time. 

Scary stuff. Glad he and his family are ok. 

Quesnel #3 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:08 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12789 battles
Wow, thanks for spreading the news Wesrin.  All my hopes and prayers to Magus and family. 

Edited by Quesnel, 05 March 2017 - 12:09 AM.

PhoinexFire #4 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8573 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
<o My prayers go out to him

Wesrin #5 Posted 05 March 2017 - 12:18 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6284 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 04 March 2017 - 07:02 PM, said:

Holy F! 

I'm assuming he was insured? If so, he'll be back on his feet in time. 

Scary stuff. Glad he and his family are ok. 

The house and all furniture/major appliances were insured, but unfortunately his personal possessions were not. He's staying with some family nearby but will be 'couch surfing' as he put it to me today for the foreseeable future. The good news is the insurance company has already apparently started the appraisal process. They're hoping to see debris clearing and rebuild starting somewhat soon.

ArrowZ_ #6 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:35 AM

First Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 8943 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Having known/seen magus in the WOWP community for over 3 years, I can sympathize the dire situation at hand. Done. My support goes to you from Oceania. Good luck in getting back on your feet and hope your family is alright.

That Ozi Client Side Lagger

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:42 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20767 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

First time I ever donated to a go fund me thing but I know what it's like to lose everything and have no problem helping out a brother so my $20.00 is not much but I hope it helps and I also shared it on my FB.

RS

Wesrin #8 Posted 05 March 2017 - 01:54 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6284 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 04 March 2017 - 08:42 PM, said:

First time I ever donated to a go fund me thing but I know what it's like to lose everything and have no problem helping out a brother so my $20.00 is not much but I hope it helps and I also shared it on my FB.

RS

You and I always haven't seen eye to eye Chuck, but I sincerely appreciate your generosity. Thank you. :honoring:

Magus wants me to pass on to everyone that there are no words to express his appreciation for all of your support, no matter what form it takes. It really is an amazing thing to see a community come together -- virtual or otherwise -- to help one of their own. It is times like these that clan tags, differing opinions, and vast distances dissolve in the wake of genuine humanity.

Chuck_norris10 #9 Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:34 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20767 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostWesrin, on 04 March 2017 - 06:54 PM, said:

You and I always haven't seen eye to eye Chuck, but I sincerely appreciate your generosity. Thank you. :honoring:

Magus wants me to pass on to everyone that there are no words to express his appreciation for all of your support, no matter what form it takes. It really is an amazing thing to see a community come together -- virtual or otherwise -- to help one of their own. It is times like these that clan tags, differing opinions, and vast distances dissolve in the wake of genuine humanity.

well at 55 I started losing faith in humanity years ago,I,m really the nicest guy you would ever want to have a beer with,working away from home for 35 years,it made me an [edited]to some and a friend to others.

We may not all get along but where all family in a WOWP kind of way.

Omega_Weapon #10 Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:07 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10118 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Glad to hear he and his family were not hurt. Condolences on the loss of their house, but material stuff can be replaced. Home can be anywhere as long as your family is with you.

Zapperguy #11 Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:28 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32568 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

Also a first for me, but the cause was right. Thanks for letting us know, Wesrin. Good luck to Magus and his family as they do their best pheonix impression and rise from the proverbial and literal ashes.

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

_Warchylde_ #12 Posted 05 March 2017 - 03:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9700 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Please convey my prayers and best wishes to Mag and family.

As for the GoFund Me, consider it done.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

ibubber #13 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:38 AM

Airman Basic

• 19920 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

Glad everyone is ok!

Best wishes from Indian River, Ontario

Ian.

pyantoryng #14 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:43 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11720 battles

My condolences...it's good that nobody was hurt, but I also hope that nobody get trauma or PTSD from it.

My grandparents' home (also pretty old) was burnt down by electrical fire too. While it wasn't a total loss (only first floor damage) and nobody was hurt it seemed to leave my grandmother with a more crippled mind than before (not sure about that but old age was already doing stuff to her mind to begin with).

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Magnum62 #15 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 20556 battles
  • [-D_D-] -D_D-
Please convey to Magus my sincerest, prayers, best wishes and hope that all goes the best that it can for him. I enjoy his instructional videos and suggestions about WOWP.  I have received a few compliments from him in game and they were very much appreciated. I consider him an asset to the game and the forums. I too will take part in the GoFundMe

Edited by Magnum62, 05 March 2017 - 04:47 AM.

A bulldog can whip a skunk, but sometimes it's not worth it." - J. Nowell 

x_WARHOG_x #16 Posted 05 March 2017 - 04:53 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28878 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Magus is a class act and a very important contributor to this game, All prayers out to him and family and lets get him back up and running as soon as possible.

Here's to you Magus........:honoring:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

TeamTerrible #17 Posted 05 March 2017 - 05:34 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 44598 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Magus...think he's the 1st person I didn't have to rocket for respect

You've helped so many players and now they will return the favor in your time of real life needs

Feel for your material losses as some cannot be replaced, its good to hear all occupants are safe which of course is most important 

I've pasted this link in SSG's clan chat and we'll do what we can to assist

Its quite possible we may have to wait a bit for the next Magus video production...so here's the last one he posted on YouTube...its for Warships but I won't judge, lol

MagusGerhardt #18 Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:31 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Hey, everyone.  I wished to deliver an update.

I am all right.  My brother and nephew with whom I shared that house are all right.  Speaking for myself, I am humbled and ever so thankful for the outpouring of support I have found from the local community and my friends here and elsewhere online.  I would venture to say the same could be said of my brother and his son.

Thank you all.  I hope to some day come up with a way to express that which truly conveys the gratefulness I am feeling right now.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

_Warchylde_ #19 Posted 05 March 2017 - 02:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 9700 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Just knowing that you and your family are uninjured is all the gratitude we need, my brother.

Things are replaceable, people are not.

We choose to help out of gratitude and respect for all you do in service to others. I for one, am honored to be able to help in return.

Stay strong, Bro.

HODOR!!

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

_Laserguided_ #20 Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:54 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4263 battles

I know how this feels... It sucks... Happy to donate. Many people online and here helped my out.  Glad to hear everyone is OK. 

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.

Auto

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users