Any Videos For Mid-tier ZEROs?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

CruzANDBruz #21 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:24 PM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

View Post_Warchylde_, on 14 March 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

You can change the range of the radar with the bracket keys   [  ] .

Planes that are at your altitude will have larger, more opaque markers on the radar. The further apart you are in altitude, the markers get smaller and more transparent.

It doesn't tell you if they are higher or lower, but it does help to keep from ramming a team mate, or to see who is turning on your tail. Sometimes, you have to use the free camera to look inthat general direction to see if they are higher or lower, and by how much.  Also, don't hesitate to toggle through your targets to get range information in the camera window.

Remember, this is not true "radar" in it's level of detailed information, but more of a visual aid to situational awareness (because turning your head and looking around, typically only reveals a frustrated wife with a list of chores....)

Thanks. Warchylde. Another thing I don't quite get is how I'm being sneaked up on. Scenario is: No one near by on the map, then suddenly one or two pop up out of no where at about the same time they're lighting me up. If it's a heavy or an upper tier, it's already too late. 

Nvfx #22 Posted 15 March 2017 - 02:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 14 March 2017 - 07:24 AM, said:

Thanks. Warchylde. Another thing I don't quite get is how I'm being sneaked up on. Scenario is: No one near by on the map, then suddenly one or two pop up out of no where at about the same time they're lighting me up. If it's a heavy or an upper tier, it's already too late. 

Do you have radar enabled? It's in the settings. (minimap and radar are two different things) Radar are the directional dependent close range indicator.

Also, others may disagree with me, but I feel that A7M at tier 7 is comparably weaker than most other planes of that tier. The best thing you can do is have good situational awareness and watch the radar like a bible, and dodge way ahead of time before they even come close to you. 

Don't fly too high and/or let clouds or the sun be your flanking directions. If there are make sure no one is there.

How do you do that? fly below someone else, and act as support, your guns rips. 

Don't fly alone(as in stick with bots if you have to), it's not a true solo plane, but very very good supporter if you're with allies.

Also making sure your speeds are mostly in green so you can actually turn and not nearly stall out. You can only utilize your turning if you at least have some decent speed, but not over speed.

Edited by FIight, 15 March 2017 - 02:22 PM.

TenkouKuugen #23 Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:56 PM

Senior Airman

• 483 battles

View PostCruzANDBruz, on 15 March 2017 - 12:24 AM, said:

Apparently the pilots have line of sight similar to a visual cone; one can hardly spot besides/behind the plane.

I could be wrong (I'm new myself) but enemies only show up on "radar" if it's spotted by either yourself or an ally.  If there's no one near you to spot the enemy (say above or behind) then you're pretty much blind to the attack.

TenkouKuugen #24 Posted 16 March 2017 - 12:36 AM

Senior Airman

• 483 battles
I have to agree that A7M is a paper plane, it lights up and shreds easily; on top of that, people will be chasing you because they can get you with 1-2 shots and they don't want you on their tail.  Imo the quickiest way to learn is to get chased and shot at and this is the best plane lol

Personal story: I got my A7M just over 2 weeks ago and instantly tanked 0.5% winrate on the 1st day.  A week later I joined a clan (my first clan!) and made the target on my back glow in neon sign, tanked another 1% in just 2 days.

But being pushed hard by the enemies accelerated learning and it didn't take long before I start to win again.  The initial projection tells me that I need to fly A7M exclusively for a month to gain enough XP for J7W1, but in the end it only took just over a week, what a pleasant surprise!  I learned how to dodge better (though I still sux) and make sense of videos/advices; frankly I don't know if I can achieve the same result in in such a short time flying low tiers.
It's a fun plane to fly and I'd recommend it to new players.  Who cares about stats, it's just some random internet numbers :)

PS: Guys please don't hesitate, keep the vids coming!  There's hardly any chance to spectate a human flying japanese in pub, your vids are highly appreciated :great:

Edited by TenkouKuugen, 16 March 2017 - 12:38 AM.

pyantoryng #25 Posted 16 March 2017 - 04:47 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles
Aaaahhh....the J7Ws are not as powerful as they used to be...because WG artificially cap the cannons' firing rate...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

TenkouKuugen #26 Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

Senior Airman

• 483 battles

View Postpyantoryng, on 17 March 2017 - 02:47 AM, said:

Aaaahhh....the J7Ws are not as powerful as they used to be...because WG artificially cap the cannons' firing rate...

I didn't wanna get the 30mm cannons at first, because of the shorter range (thinking that I'll have less room for error vs BnZ).  The slower firing rate is also kinda hard to get used to, but it sure packs a punch so I decided to keep trying it.  Feels like I have to play a bit more suicidal samurai-like to enjoy it :izmena:

Now where's that katana-winged plane hiding... :P

CruzANDBruz #27 Posted 17 March 2017 - 08:21 AM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

View PostTenkouKuugen, on 15 March 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

Apparently the pilots have line of sight similar to a visual cone; one can hardly spot besides/behind the plane.

I could be wrong (I'm new myself) but enemies only show up on "radar" if it's spotted by either yourself or an ally.  If there's no one near you to spot the enemy (say above or behind) then you're pretty much blind to the attack.

Okay, it makes sense that a plane has to be within your or another person's radar to show up on radar or the map. When I'm sneaked up on it's usually a case where it's near the end of the game and all the opposing team survivors are coming after me.

Thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users