Circling Back Beginning Of Battle

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TenkouKuugen #1 Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:05 AM

Senior Airman

• 2872 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Hi, another newb question today!

I normally go forward at 30-50 degree inclination at the start.  At the end of the boost I'm usually behind the pack by a bit and it's been serving my well.  But I noticed some clan people do the circling back instead, just wondering if they were instructed that way?  What's the tactical advantage?

Personally I hate it, because the bots are confused and often end up going towards left/right edge of the map; then enemies flank us from the back for easy victory.  How was it suppose to work?

Edited by TenkouKuugen, 02 March 2017 - 05:05 AM.

Rarearth #2 Posted 02 March 2017 - 09:26 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 35456 battles
  • [JE] JE
herd the bots like a cowboy on a horse get behind them let them do the first contact then pick out who is busy ez pz

Psicko23 #3 Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18508 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
If you circle too long, you will be caught unaware and your bots will be pointed in different directions and that just sucks for you. Some people just go right in. Others  go into the back corner and then fly back. It's just personal preference. In all those situations it's best to not be in the front. They usually target the first one they see.

gerr22 #4 Posted 02 March 2017 - 11:53 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 13666 battles
  • [17SQ] 17SQ
high and in the centre of all your guys/bots works for me

losttwo #5 Posted 02 March 2017 - 12:24 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

I find it better to go for the Miller than head for the Mountain. :hiding:

I have mixed feelings about either tactic and have seen mixed results.

I am of the opinion that the circle back tactic is good if you have the right gaming equipment enabling you to carry a match.

This includes running mods, good connection and can hit what you shoot at.

Circling back allows you to gain some atmosphere but be warned, so is the enemy.

Running a low end laptop doesn't enable me to carry many matches nor allows me to hit with much accuracy.

Most of my matches are spray and pray. Leaving me to be forced to stay with the bots for reliance and control-ability.

Vanize #6 Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:05 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 16245 battles

the reason for this probably is the other player is hoping to round up the bots in such a way as to have them form up in a nice group with some altitude, finding a good orientation with them and the sun vs the likely enemy approach, and a nominal attempt to keep our team over green AA.

you, going forward thoughtlessly without thought to getting the bots to group better, where the sun is, and no concern about staying over your own AA, are the one screwing things up by dragging some of the bots with you haplessly into the waiting jaws of the enemy.

Edited by Vanize, 02 March 2017 - 05:06 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:07 PM

Major

• 31382 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Keep your bots fast and pointing towards the enemy, or at least in the general direction.  Climbing backwards will cause them to do a 180 right when the enemy engages, and they lose all their speed.  Essentially floating ducks at altitude.  I have seen this climbing/grouping tactic a lot, and I pretty much win against it 90% of the time.  There is the odd team melt, but I'll take 90% any day.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users