Bf-110s.....stop with the OP whining.....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles

Is it just me, or is everyone else getting a little sick of hearing people whine about the Bf-110 being OP these days?

Back before I quit flying for awhile, everyone was whining about the Me-410....don't hear that much anymore.

Yes, the 110 (B or E, take your pick), is a formidable plane, with good speed, altitude and firepower. However, the plane itself is not unbeatable....I've shot down many of them in light fighters, some of which could not match the 110's altitude...you just have to be patient and pick your shots carefully.

From my perspective, the plane only becomes a nightmare when a very experienced pilot flying it. But then again, even a relatively weak plane can be deadly in the hands of someone with great skills and knowledge of their aircraft's capabilities.

Bottomline here, is that there are OP pilots, OP tactics, and OP teamwork, but there is really no such thing as an OP plane....

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

Lethalhavoc #2 Posted 28 February 2017 - 07:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

Sure, it's not OP, all my planes have a 72% win ratio.

Posted Image

Rosebud #3 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11975 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

The 110B is hands down my favorite and most used plane (12 chevrons 6/6). I have loved it's superior altitude, firepower and speed since closed beta. It is in my opinion, pound for pound, class for class the best. I feel comfortable against all tier fives except the P-38F. I would go as far as saying it is superior to the 410.

I can understand why many would say it is OP. If you put that monster in the hands of a calculating and patient pilot it is very tough to beat. I'm not saying you can't, but the job of doing so becomes herculean (at the same tier) when the pilot flying it is experienced.

Zapperguy #4 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:19 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33064 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRosebud, on 28 February 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

The 110B is hands down my favorite and most used plane (12 chevrons 6/6). I have loved it's superior altitude, firepower and speed since closed beta. It is in my opinion, pound for pound, class for class the best. I feel comfortable against all tier fives except the P-38F. I would go as far as saying it is superior to the 410.

I can understand why many would say it is OP. If you put that monster in the hands of a calculating and patient pilot it is very tough to beat. I'm not saying you can't, but the job of doing so becomes herculean (at the same tier) when the pilot flying it is experienced.

This ^

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

losttwo #5 Posted 28 February 2017 - 09:32 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post_Warchylde_, on 28 February 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

Is it just me, or is everyone else getting a little sick of hearing people whine about the Bf-110 being OP these days?

Back before I quit flying for awhile, everyone was whining about the Me-410....don't hear that much anymore.

Yes, the 110 (B or E, take your pick), is a formidable plane, with good speed, altitude and firepower. However, the plane itself is not unbeatable....I've shot down many of them in light fighters, some of which could not match the 110's altitude...you just have to be patient and pick your shots carefully.

From my perspective, the plane only becomes a nightmare when a very experienced pilot flying it. But then again, even a relatively weak plane can be deadly in the hands of someone with great skills and knowledge of their aircraft's capabilities.

Bottomline here, is that there are OP pilots, OP tactics, and OP teamwork, but there is really no such thing as an OP plane....

No, it is not just you. I am sick of any and all these whine threads about any topic.

x_WARHOG_x #6 Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 29700 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

My Beau loves to eat up 110s..........

She may have a fat [edited]but she can dance.............:trollface:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

BrushWolf #7 Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Where the 110's and most of the heavies become OP'd is when flighted together and the other team does not have its own flight of heavies to combat them but that is really the fault of the games design.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Psicko23 #8 Posted 28 February 2017 - 05:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 28 February 2017 - 09:17 AM, said:

Where the 110's and most of the heavies become OP'd is when flighted together and the other team does not have its own flight of heavies to combat them but that is really the fault of the games design.

Bingo. also to add,  really good to great pilots flighted up in 110b's make it hard to beat when there is not a good flight to counter them. I have beat many decent to good flights in 110b's solo. Its hard to beat an uber flight solo when they are in 110b's.

Noreaga #9 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

altitude bands make anything with good climb better than everything else, if you understand energy management you will do very well in a heavy. If you don't know how the plane works you will not do well.

Give me someone who knows how to drag and bag, and is patient. In two high climb rate planes and youll scream OP.  Put two people who don't have patience and they will get stomped.

i would take two 109B over two 110B's, but i burnt out on heavies in beta.

Edited by Noreaga, 28 February 2017 - 06:01 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:12 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

If you know how to use the exploits, it is easy to find the OP planes in the game.

It is the HFs... not all of them, but there is at least 1 in each tier.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

_Warchylde_ #11 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles

Don't get me wrong folks, I'm not ragging on the 110s....personally, I like them a lot, I just don't fly them very much.

I get the point that a flight of elite pilots can sometimes be unbeatable, but it only takes one little mistake for it to turn to tears for them.

Personally, I was flying solo in a stock Beaufighter, and took down a veteran 3-man flight of 110's (2 kills and an assist), and have the video to prove it.

My point is that pilots, tactics, and teamwork are more important than the planes themselves.

Edited by _Warchylde_, 28 February 2017 - 06:30 PM.

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

EspressoForHammy #12 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:27 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5258 battles
  • [TRAWL] TRAWL

View Post_Warchylde_, on 28 February 2017 - 01:31 AM, said:

... the plane itself is not unbeatable....I've shot down many of them in light fighters, some of which could not match the 110's altitude...you just have to be patient and pick your shots carefully.

This was true before bots came along. Now even with a half-decent pilot driving the plane, it is unbeatable. All you have to do in that aircraft is learn to be patient and shoot down bots (or humans) who stall in front of you. I venture to say that if I were in a Bf-110B with a 3 skill pilot, no flight of LFs could shoot me down before I won the game based on supremacy.

Yes, good players play better in all planes than worse players, but to assign the value of overpowered or underpowered to an aircraft, all pilots are equal and the 110B outperforms everything else at its tier and quite a few at tier 5. Luckily most players have found that it's easier and more profitable to win the same number of matches in an HG3, so the poor noobs at tier 3 and 4 get a break.

Heavy fighter exploitation was something only a flight could do previously, and you could call it "teamwork". Now after bots anyone flying solo can exploit them, and they like to call it "skill".

Edited by EspressoForHammy, 28 February 2017 - 06:28 PM.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

mullyman #13 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26592 battles
  • [TRAWL] TRAWL
Tru dat
mullyman.png

BrushWolf #14 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:09 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
While player skill is the major factor there are planes that perform much better than you would expect. Ironically the 110b is not one of them, the C6 still has a much better win rate even though the 30 MM was nerfed into near uselessness a long time ago. On the flip side there are planes that perform much worse than would be expected.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Lucky_Loki #15 Posted 01 March 2017 - 01:18 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7742 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Once you  play high tier match, you will know the definition of OP by playing against SOME double heavies :)

mnbv_fockewulfe #16 Posted 01 March 2017 - 02:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4382 battles
  • [BAD-K] BAD-K
Why does EVERYONE play Xf-90s and HG3s in high tiers anyway? I hardly see any light fighters up there besides myself.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

losttwo #17 Posted 01 March 2017 - 09:10 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 February 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Why does EVERYONE play Xf-90s and HG3s in high tiers anyway? I hardly see any light fighters up there besides myself.

Personally, if i had the funds I would have a couple of tier 9 fighters and multi-roles.

Just short on funds.

Wont purchase a plane until i have double the amount.

Psicko23 #18 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:01 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 February 2017 - 06:28 PM, said:

Because its an easy button for most, and there are the ones who think its an easy button, but cant play it well. I don't fly too heavies much. So, I'm more often in either LF or multiroles myself.

Psicko23 #19 Posted 01 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostBrushWolf, on 28 February 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

While player skill is the major factor there are planes that perform much better than you would expect. Ironically the 110b is not one of them, the C6 still has a much better win rate even though the 30 MM was nerfed into near uselessness a long time ago. On the flip side there are planes that perform much worse than would be expected.

The 110c6 has about a 2% better winrate. The 110b also has more than double the battles that the c6 has. I don't know what the winrate was before the nerf of the c6 though. Also, you have to count the premium aspect of the c6. Everyone can get a 110b without having to pay real money. Someone has to pay for the c6, if one is to have the c6 in their hangar. More noobs will be flying the 110b over the c6 because they probably don't want to spend money on it. When I was new, I would look at planes that seemed really good and I would get it. Back when I started, the 110c6 was pretty devastating, and I saw that in battle. So I wanted to be devastating and I bought it. I seem to be unlucky a lot when I fly my c6 on occasion, I end up running into good flights of 110b's. The c6 cannot compete with a 110b 1v1 provided both pilots are good and have equal skill.

with me, my 110b has about a 10% w/r advantage over the c6.

Edited by Psicko23, 01 March 2017 - 10:16 AM.

EspressoForHammy #20 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:34 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5258 battles
  • [TRAWL] TRAWL

View PostBrushWolf, on 28 February 2017 - 05:09 PM, said:

The C6 better win rate comes almost COMPLETELY from the DRACS super team that used three of them to fly 250+ 100% wins back in the day. If it weren't for those days, the WR would be lower. Also the planes used to be fantastic, and is now utter crap.

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 28 February 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Come on man. DO I really have to lay this out for you? Heavy Fighters are the only way most of these ruh-terds know how to win a game. And playing against them in a LF isn't fun, so no one does that either.

If I play my Yak-30 I am almost 100% likely to meet some rando from SSG, WS, GWS, FACK, or JACS who only flies his HG3 unless he's in a flight. My skill will be MUCH higher than his/hers, but it's like a skilled sniper using a BB gun dueling with a redneck using a hunting rifle.

Usually I play about one game a month in my Yak-30, and immediately I'm reminded how much CRAP the plane is against any HF. This is a game, it should be fun to play. The Yak line is not fun, it's work.

I've stopped years ago trying to call for balance, because ZERO people who work for WG in any capacity care what I think, and that goes for anyone else in NA.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users