Damn This Skill Ceiling Is Brutal

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

WilhelmvonPreussen #21 Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

Senior Airman

• 1104 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostBrushWolf, on 27 February 2017 - 03:09 AM, said:

Sadly there are way too many professional seal clubbers in the low tiers that make it hell of everyone.

Can confirm. Starting to learn who those certain seal clubbers are. And going after them as soon as i can albeit mostly losing in the process.
dark.png

RedSpartacus #22 Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:09 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17105 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostWilhelmvonPreussen, on 27 February 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Can confirm. Starting to learn who those certain seal clubbers are. And going after them as soon as i can albeit mostly losing in the process.

Because they have 5 times more battles in their plane than you have in total. Better try to seek your advantage in numbers. Kill as many in the very beginning as possible. "Viele Hasen sind des Jaegers Tod".

Edited by RedSpartacus, 27 February 2017 - 08:12 PM.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Zapperguy #23 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32701 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

When you encounter a known clubber, lock him in your target window & press F2 to sic your bots on him. While he's trying to avoid and/or kill them, you might have a chance to sneak in behind him.

:honoring:

Here's another post I made regarding bot control:

View PostZapperguy, on 12 August 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

I have had moderate success with the latest iteration of bots following commands. You have to look at the big picture, not just use bot commands as a panic button.

To have better luck:

• You need to stay with the pack - Do Not Lead !!!  If you are in the lead, you will be the first spotted by the ENTIRE enemy team. First spotted is often the first killed.
  • Let the bots lead as you climb in the direction you want them to go. Climbing will slow your forward progress allowing some of the bots to take the lead, but they will go in the direction of a human that is with them even if he/she is not in front. Remember, multiple humans means the bots can't follow everybody if you split up. Coordinate with the humans on your team.
  • Don't use F7 preemptively! They will reply "Negative" every time, which is appropriate. F7 is "Clear my tail" - enemy are chasing you and you are in imminent danger. I only use this when I have multiple enemy chasing me. And again, you must be near/in the pack. They will not help you across the map.
  • F4 is not an effective command, save the keystroke.
  • F2 is your friend. "Coordinated attack on..." Your job before you think about using it, is to lock the enemy you want targeted. Letting the game autolock whatever is in front of you, and then pressing F2 works sometimes. But, I use "next target" in my control setup which allows me to toggle through the available targets until the one I want help with is in the little target window and the game says target locked. Then I press F2.
  • Didn't work? Were you still near the pack? How many red vs how many green were there? Were they actively engaged?  Did you answer your bots' "SOS" cries? If your bots are right on an enemy bot's tail or have an enemy bot chasing them, they won't break off to help you attack a different plane. You have to be aware of the bots' situation as well as your own. They are your teammates, such as it is.
  • Situational awareness is something that comes with experience in this game, continually improving over time (if you're doing it right). Don't get target-focused and lose track of both where you are on the map and where the enemy and your team are.  It can happen to anyone but newer players are the most susceptible.
  • Finally, if you are near the ground and your team is at altitude fighting above you, then they generally won't break off making themselves easy targets as they dive to help you. 
  • If you are in a GA being attacked by another GA at the start, bots won't come down for you, but you shouldn't really need them to.

Good luck. Hope some of these tips help.

:honoring:

Edited by Zapperguy, 28 February 2017 - 06:26 AM.

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

BrushWolf #24 Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10677 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 27 February 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

:trollface:

But really flying against 3-man Drac flights is what made me the pilot I am today........

Two top pilots in a flight are really no different than three top pilots in a flight.

View PostWilhelmvonPreussen, on 27 February 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

View PostRedSpartacus, on 27 February 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Because they have 5 times more battles in their plane than you have in total. Better try to seek your advantage in numbers. Kill as many in the very beginning as possible. "Viele Hasen sind des Jaegers Tod".

One problem is the clubblers live in planes that are over powered in single and two tier matches like the F3F. When those planes saw three tier matches the pilots had to be on top of their game to do well. What I have found is most of the professional seal clubbers are actually not very good and if you aren't flying a completely disadvantaged plane particularly in speed and maneuverability you can take them down pretty easy. The real danger in the low tiers are the experienced pilots that drop down for dailies.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

lz_rj #25 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:33 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6107 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

lose, and learn, lose again, and learn again

you'll be a good player if you are always willing to learn and have patience

sometimes you gain more from defeats than victories

I have a clear idea on how to play this game well at about 3k battles which is pretty fast to be honest (and still improving)

at first it is same for everybody cuz it looks like a very difficult game

but it is not (actually much less things to learn than WOT, only a bit harder)

lz_rj #26 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6107 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

also, try to find specific techniques that you can learn as you improve

don't just stuck in the game again and again losing all the time the same way

you will have to use very detailed maneuvering moves as you improve, keep that in mind and try to

focus on and practicing whenever you feel that you are familiar enough with the game

lz_rj #27 Posted 01 March 2017 - 06:44 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6107 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

and most fundamentally to know that how the whole systems works

how superiority points works, and on what extend does it affect the result of a match

what optimum speed and optimum altitude means, and how all other detailed stats works on your plane

the concept of energy (conversion of speed and altitude)

how to maximize your advantage of your plane

bring such questions to battles and you will gain through it

many players aren't learning at all even they have more than 10k battles

so it's really about your atitude

SluggerJackson #28 Posted 01 March 2017 - 05:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6188 battles
Don't bother playing this crap game.  Elite Clans will flood MM, and ruin your day.  The Bots magically know where you are, and can stop their plane but not stall.  This game is completely ridiculous, and a waste of your time.

Zapperguy #29 Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 32701 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostSluggerJackson, on 01 March 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

Don't bother playing this crap game.  Elite Clans will flood MM, and ruin your day.  The Bots magically know where you are, and can stop their plane but not stall.  This game is completely ridiculous, and a waste of your time.

We'll miss you (ok, probably not).

:trollface:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

BrushWolf #30 Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:44 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10677 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

MagusGerhardt has some very good videos that should help. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmqT1zdcUcvAC6qJCgPddA

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

mullyman #31 Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:49 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26236 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostSluggerJackson, on 01 March 2017 - 01:25 PM, said:

If I was rocking a 33% win rate vs bots Id think the game was a waste of my time too.   Try tanks...not as hard..
mullyman.png

BCB77B #32 Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:08 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5782 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

There's a flip side to this.....while new players on the losing team complain of seal clubbing please remember the new players on the winning side actually WIN. It should even out. Win some lose some.

If I splash 5 in a game I now ask the new players on my team to kill the rest to let them earn their Ace or get points. Courtesy works like a charm with new players.

BrushWolf #33 Posted 05 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10677 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostBCB77B, on 05 March 2017 - 02:08 AM, said:

There's a flip side to this.....while new players on the losing team complain of seal clubbing please remember the new players on the winning side actually WIN. It should even out. Win some lose some.

If I splash 5 in a game I now ask the new players on my team to kill the rest to let them earn their Ace or get points. Courtesy works like a charm with new players.

Usually by the time the better players get Ace even in the low tiers the new/low rated players are either dead or so beat up that they can't contribute to the win.

Russian Proverb

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users