game mechanics above tier 6 need to change substantially 8-10 unflyable

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

Arthur_Dayne #1 Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:10 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 12308 battles

the heavy mechanics which give them every important advantage in the game..forward fire....energy and boost speed.....and the mechanics of GA.....especial tiers 8( bad) 9 ( twice as bad as 8) and tier 10 4 times as bad as 8.....have ruined the game in tier IX and X...and heavies have ruined it from 8-10. GA should be weak aircraft that need the protection of fighters to survive heavies should be these uber GA killing machines... instead with their hit point pools their booost and their forward fire climb rates and energy retention...heavies cant be beat..... WG refuse for 5 yrs to do anything about it,,

ROCK paper scisors WG

GA beats ground but not fighters or heavies

Heavy beats GA but not fighters

Fighters Beat heavies and GA but not ground target

you have a serious mechanical issue with the game where only heavies.....are good at ix and x......and GA trumps all because the BOT GA refuses to fight human GA   Which simply kills the enemy GA in the first 2 minutes of the battle.

I'm about to give up on tier 8 9 and 10 flying because the GA are just too UBER and the heavies rule everything....BUT heavies can stil lose to a human GA who kils both GA in first 2 mins.... u see this in higher tiers the GA killing other GA...than low tiers...because...... at IX and X there are way more experienced pilots that know its an auto win to use you GA to kill the lemming don't fight back bot GA... gthat 50 points then they simply get a quick 100 ground points go up 150-30 on points and its autowin especialy with the uber fast jet GA....games broke has been broke since they introduced flights.....flighst destroyed the game

Edited by Arthur_Dayne, 03 March 2017 - 10:10 AM.

Psicko23 #2 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:57 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19614 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I do just fine in t9 and t10. I don't win them all, but I do a good job. Also most of my games are unflighted as well.

You have to play the game to your advantage. If there is a flight of heavies, kill all the other planes and dodge the heavies and chip away at their hp. Make sure your ga's are still alive so they can keep the supremacy clock ticking in your favor. 

If you come across a ga flight. Kill the rest of the planes quickly and try to keep as many planes on your side alive. That way when they go back to their aa you have aa hithing more planes. Kill the aa in their vicinity while your bots work on taking off some hp. When the aa is dead, help your bots kill the ga's.

Edit- yes, those tiers up higher are harder. More experienced pilots fly up there. It will take awhile to get good at that level. I was up there before bots, and I got my butt handed to me a lot more. It is different mechanics and you need to learn them in order to succeed. My tiers with the highest win rates are tier 8-10.

Once again.  Flights did not destroy this game. People who complained about how hard it is and refused to learn the game ruined the game. Oh, and Persha also ruined the game. 

Edited by Psicko23, 25 February 2017 - 09:03 AM.

losttwo #3 Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:05 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

You still don't get it do you ?

WG has the balance of this game set the way they want it.

You are suppose to play the game the way it is designed.

WG has spent the last 5 years working to achieve the current balance and they are still tweaking it ( not as much )

They want you to fly a heavy for medium difficulty mode.

They want you to fly a fighter or mutli-role to get UBER good ( expert mode ) and is only for the best pilots that have ore than half a brain.

They want players to fly GA to sit back and relax. ( easy mode ) 

Each style of play has the ability to win based on match randomness.

mullyman #4 Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:23 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 27804 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

"I'm about to give up on tier 8 9 and 10 flying because the GA are just too UBER and the heavies rule everything"

Yes please just give up and go away

mullyman.png

Texthor #5 Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:57 PM

• 28760 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 25 February 2017 - 03:05 AM, said:

You still don't get it do you ?

WG has the balance of this game set the way they want it.

You are suppose to play the game the way it is designed.

WG has spent the last 5 years working to achieve the current balance and they are still tweaking it ( not as much )

They want you to fly a heavy for medium difficulty mode.

They want you to fly a fighter or mutli-role to get UBER good ( expert mode ) and is only for the best pilots that have ore than half a brain.

They want players to fly GA to sit back and relax. ( easy mode ) 

Each style of play has the ability to win based on match randomness.

It takes NO skill........

Quesnel #6 Posted 25 February 2017 - 02:02 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 13095 battles

View PostTexthor, on 25 February 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

....that you can't demonstrate.

Zigfreid #7 Posted 25 February 2017 - 04:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 37400 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

1 You promised to quit and you do not keep your promise. 

2 Teamwork is the most powerful tool in game and you do not use it.

3 Flighting up will mean you make friends and you have none.

4 Whining in threads about you loosing makes you  a  Looser.

5 Reread 1-4 and you can change your life and have fun in life.

BrushWolf #8 Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

https://na.warplanes.today/player/1004043795/Arthur_Dayne

One day 11 matches, 63.64% W/R, avg tier 8.3

If you are going to complain about getting your virtual rear handed to you having stats that prove that wrong don't help you.

Edited by BrushWolf, 26 February 2017 - 03:13 AM.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

losttwo #9 Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:48 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostBrushWolf, on 25 February 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

https://na.warplanes...95/Arthur_Dayne

One day 11 matches, 63.64% W/R, avg tier 8.3

If you are going to complain about getting your virtual rear handed to you having stats that prove that wrong don't help you.

+ 1

But his survival rating is 36%.

He is probably basing his complaint on the frustration of not surviving very many matches.

Personally and I speak for myself. If I have not survived then I did not contribute.

raulv04 #10 Posted 25 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18109 battles

View PostTexthor, on 25 February 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

Texthor, on 23 February 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Yeah, yeah...now for the rest of the story:  White lime bedrock makes basements cost prohibitive or in some cases, impossible, in Williamson county ( thankfully a Conservitive and Republican county where I live)

Conservative, my man. Takes no skill to write correctly :trollface:

CrazyHeinz #11 Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:49 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9390 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postraulv04, on 25 February 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

Texthor, on 23 February 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

Conservative, my man. Takes no skill to write correctly :trollface:

Ouch, and this comes from a non-native English speaker.

x_WARHOG_x #12 Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

• 29911 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA................................:facepalm:

and as usual.....

Sneaking up on your six.....................

fallanger #13 Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:04 AM

Master Sergeant

• 8128 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Ok...I have to say, as an average pilot, my only beef is the AI behavior, because once you get the hang of the game, its all about being consistent and as someone mentioned all the character defects that affect someone's enjoyment. But I think the bots could improve a bit. Other than that, if a player truly dislikes the game...f**king uninstall and get a life. Go for a walk, to the library, a house of worship, yank your chicken or play something else. I hate the MM stuff sometimes because it just does NOT  make sense, but if we had it all our way, then what is the use in playing at all. I watch videos by folks with a million battles under their belt and they laugh their way through some of the rubbish things that occasionally occur, but they keep playing. Now rude players and noisy whiners can be distracting, you figure out pretty quick when and where to bust a nut on the enemy in combat. I will say this again, I am just an average pilot, confined to a wheel chair with a buggered right hand and I still play as well as I can. There simply is no way to achieve a 100 percent win rate so if you got the skills, go for the cheap thrills, or take some pills and find something that fulfills.

But for goodness sake STOP F**KING WHINING already...ROFL...     Damn....I'm wet again.....Nurse Nurse.........

Edited by fallanger, 27 February 2017 - 10:05 AM.

Arthur_Dayne #14 Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

• 12308 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 25 February 2017 - 08:57 AM, said:

I do just fine in t9 and t10. I don't win them all, but I do a good job. Also most of my games are unflighted as well.

You have to play the game to your advantage. If there is a flight of heavies, kill all the other planes and dodge the heavies and chip away at their hp. Make sure your ga's are still alive so they can keep the supremacy clock ticking in your favor. 

If you come across a ga flight. Kill the rest of the planes quickly and try to keep as many planes on your side alive. That way when they go back to their aa you have aa hithing more planes. Kill the aa in their vicinity while your bots work on taking off some hp. When the aa is dead, help your bots kill the ga's.

Edit- yes, those tiers up higher are harder. More experienced pilots fly up there. It will take awhile to get good at that level. I was up there before bots, and I got my butt handed to me a lot more. It is different mechanics and you need to learn them in order to succeed. My tiers with the highest win rates are tier 8-10.

Once again.  Flights did not destroy this game. People who complained about how hard it is and refused to learn the game ruined the game. Oh, and Persha also ruined the game. 

Dude the day they introduced flights..the game was wrecked....from that day firward there was madsive pop drop guys were rolling at 95% win rate.....wg is foolish to think they can stack 2 people in heavies....chases everyone out..flights...killed this game...my post on 200 v 200 terrotorial combat is the only answer where whole sqadronsnof peple can play together...im warmed by wg face book post that things r changeing...

Arthur_Dayne #15 Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:16 AM

• 12308 battles

View Postfallanger, on 27 February 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Ok...I have to say, as an average pilot, my only beef is the AI behavior, because once you get the hang of the game, its all about being consistent and as someone mentioned all the character defects that affect someone's enjoyment. But I think the bots could improve a bit. Other than that, if a player truly dislikes the game...f**king uninstall and get a life. Go for a walk, to the library, a house of worship, yank your chicken or play something else. I hate the MM stuff sometimes because it just does NOT  make sense, but if we had it all our way, then what is the use in playing at all. I watch videos by folks with a million battles under their belt and they laugh their way through some of the rubbish things that occasionally occur, but they keep playing. Now rude players and noisy whiners can be distracting, you figure out pretty quick when and where to bust a nut on the enemy in combat. I will say this again, I am just an average pilot, confined to a wheel chair with a buggered right hand and I still play as well as I can. There simply is no way to achieve a 100 percent win rate so if you got the skills, go for the cheap thrills, or take some pills and find something that fulfills.

But for goodness sake STOP F**KING WHINING already...ROFL...     Damn....I'm wet again.....Nurse Nurse.........

im wondering why your not whining...everyone should be 600 people MAX.......things need to change

Psicko23 #16 Posted 07 March 2017 - 11:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 19614 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostArthur_Dayne, on 03 March 2017 - 02:15 AM, said:

Dude the day they introduced flights..the game was wrecked....

I started playing after the game went live, never played in beta or anything before open beta. There was always flights from when I started playing in 1.2 or so. The big population drop off was after 1.5 patch. Not sure where you are getting your information from. 

Swearengen5 #17 Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:08 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6063 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

I agree completely that Tier 8 is nearly unplayable now.  At tier 8 on monday and tuesday, I counted 45 battles in a row where I saw only 10v10s.  Who the hell at WG decided this was a good idea /???

I truly don't mind BOTs filling the server on weekdays, but balancing issues (that are tolerable in 15v15s and 12v12s) were much more pronounced and interfered with gameplay in every one of the smaller 10v10s.  The horrible MM was extremely noticeable because within the first 40 seconds almost every single battle was already decided by head-ons.  Very, very few battles had true dogfights or furball engagements involving skillful moves or tactics.

WG needs to realize that anything below 12v12 is monotonous as hell.

Edited by Swearengen5, 08 March 2017 - 11:09 AM.

Bubba_Zanetti #18 Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29232 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSwearengen5, on 08 March 2017 - 06:08 AM, said:

I agree completely that Tier 8 is nearly unplayable now.  At tier 8 on monday and tuesday, I counted 45 battles in a row where I saw only 10v10s.  Who the hell at WG decided this was a good idea /???

I truly don't mind BOTs filling the server on weekdays, but balancing issues (that are tolerable in 15v15s and 12v12s) were much more pronounced and interfered with gameplay in every one of the smaller 10v10s.  The horrible MM was extremely noticeable because within the first 40 seconds almost every single battle was already decided by head-ons.  Very, very few battles had true dogfights or furball engagements involving skillful moves or tactics.

WG needs to realize that anything below 12v12 is monotonous as hell.

How can you make this claim if you've only played GA at tier 8? 

Swearengen5 #19 Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:50 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6063 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

So don't answer the issue at hand----just merely attack me ???  Why do you even bother posting ???

On my account I've only played tier 8  GA...I've also visited a buddy's and played multiple different planes using his account. 

===>>  Now, my issue remains:  tier 8 battles aren't too badly balanced when it's at least a 12v12, but 90% of my battles are lopsided 10v10s that are decided in the first few seconds.  Why are 12v12s and 15v15s so uncommon ???

Swearengen5 #20 Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:52 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6063 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 08 March 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

How can you make this claim if you've only played GA at tier 8? 

So don't answer the issue at hand----just merely attack me ???  Why do you even bother posting ???

On my account I've only played tier 8  GA...I've also visited a buddy's and played multiple different planes using his account. 

===>>  Now, my issue remains:  tier 8 battles aren't too badly balanced when it's at least a 12v12, but 90% of my battles are lopsided 10v10s that are decided in the first few seconds.  Why are 12v12s and 15v15s so uncommon ???

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users