Update 1.9.9 Official feedback thread

1.9.9 female pilots

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Swearengen5 #41 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:17 PM

Senior Airman

• 3137 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

-Switching crews and pilots is MUCH better now.  I'd still like a "return previous crew" button, but we can't have everything.

-Female pilots = good idea.   New female pilot "special skills" = TERRIBLE IDEA.  These new "special skills" in the game are just unnecessary, overpowered, and ridiculous.  These complete fantasy skills are exactly the childish and poorly-thought-out types of things that wreck video games.  More overpowering special skills = less skill needed for dogfighting/groundpounding = less balanced battles. 

Why did they add these "special skills" ??  I'm not quite sure, but WG may have thought that the female pilots would call attention and thereby repopulate the servers (with actual people), but it hurts the overall game.  The female pilots are overpowered and unbalanced.  While I understand the need for BOTs to fill the servers, I've grown tired of the repeatedly unbalanced games due to the BOTs (where mine or the enemy team is mostly dead in seconds).  The new pilots with "special skills" make killing even easier/faster, which makes the imbalance even worse.

Edited by Swearengen5, 26 February 2017 - 08:23 PM.

pyantoryng #42 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:51 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11525 battles

View PostSwearengen5, on 26 February 2017 - 08:17 PM, said:

-Switching crews and pilots is MUCH better now.  I'd still like a "return previous crew" button, but we can't have everything.

-Female pilots = good idea.   New female pilot "special skills" = TERRIBLE IDEA.  These new "special skills" in the game are just unnecessary, overpowered, and ridiculous.  These complete fantasy skills are exactly the childish and poorly-thought-out types of things that wreck video games.  More overpowering special skills = less skill needed for dogfighting/groundpounding = less balanced battles. 

Why did they add these "special skills" ??  I'm not quite sure, but WG may have thought that the female pilots would call attention and thereby repopulate the servers (with actual people), but it hurts the overall game.  The female pilots are overpowered and unbalanced.  While I understand the need for BOTs to fill the servers, I've grown tired of the repeatedly unbalanced games due to the BOTs (where mine or the enemy team is mostly dead in seconds).  The new pilots with "special skills" make killing even easier/faster, which makes the imbalance even worse.

Unless you are actively ground pounding in your US planes with ordnance the American's special skill is useless...and 2-3 extra seconds of boost (at only 2% engine power increase as opposed to 3%) is meh.

The Russian normal skill's secondary effect entails suicide which makes it impractical while the bombardier boost is the regular 15%, and the Ilyushins tear through targets so quickly to begin with that having 100% fire chance on unarmored targets is of negligible effect...well, maybe it's very powerful at low tier, but the GAs down there are equally destructive against targets, and fighters shouldn't be actively pounding ground anyway.

Seems like most of the complaints came from the German's special skill that increases damage in head-on...I've got no say on this, but MARS commented on it on previous page.

This kind of reaction reminds me of RPF (Radio Position Finding) over in Ships, when the forum went into an uproar calling it OP before it was released, then nothing more is said of it afterwards as it proved to be of little impact outside of very specific situations and folks picked more useful choices instead. It does not provide clairvoyance that everyone called it out for unless there are few ships remaining.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Swearengen5 #43 Posted 26 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Senior Airman

• 3137 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

I hear what you're saying, pyantoryng.  Your points on the American and Russian pilots have merit.  As I currently have neither of them yet, I'll keep to the German pilot.

When using my German female pilot I have noted an immediate and dramatic increase in damage done, how often I set people on fire, and how often I decimate an opponent in a head-on engagement.  I've either suddenly become Richard Bong or this is artificial.

Keep in mind:  I'm neither a very good or well-experienced player, but I'm a consistent and (quite often) significant contributor when my female German pilot is used.  It feels fake. 

Edited by Swearengen5, 26 February 2017 - 09:29 PM.

losttwo #44 Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:20 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

has any body else notice that there are more mirrored matches than completely random.

Perhaps it is jut me but I have had an increase in matches that consist of the EXACT same planes on each side of battle.

The only difference is what the humans have chosen.

Before this update some bots would be in different planes to each other.

Rockstone_ #45 Posted 28 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 20154 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 February 2017 - 06:37 AM, said:

Thanks for reminding me... I have to bump that thread as the reward draw hasnt been completed yet... you know an actual issue.

Thanks for dropping by TS last night, it was good to hear such a high pitched voice.

LOL :popcorn:

fallanger #46 Posted 28 February 2017 - 06:45 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7629 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postfallanger, on 23 February 2017 - 03:28 PM, said:

the update hit my graphics quality pretty hard, even after I ran new drivers and reduced quality, its pretty choppy

and NO I will not create a ticket either. with the crappy bot behavior and rubbish maps, my interest in WOWP is significantly diminished

​ASUS ROG G752 notebook with an NVidia 900 series card and maxed out on ram.  ran ping plotter and found out that I was losing packets midway in Denver Colorado. Called ISP and they gave me a discount on connectivity package. Uninstalled NVidia Experience and dialed in a modest graphics solution so playing ok now. I mean its really just a sophisticated arcade game anyway so I will run it and bump the specs when I feel like its about to fail.

BTW...I would advise anyone to ensure they installed their client correctly. NVidia Experience is rubbish, use the client to launch the game.

cheers.

pyantoryng #47 Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:28 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11525 battles

View Postfallanger, on 28 February 2017 - 06:45 AM, said:

​ASUS ROG G752 notebook with an NVidia 900 series card and maxed out on ram.  ran ping plotter and found out that I was losing packets midway in Denver Colorado. Called ISP and they gave me a discount on connectivity package. Uninstalled NVidia Experience and dialed in a modest graphics solution so playing ok now. I mean its really just a sophisticated arcade game anyway so I will run it and bump the specs when I feel like its about to fail.

BTW...I would advise anyone to ensure they installed their client correctly. NVidia Experience is rubbish, use the client to launch the game.

cheers.

nVidia Experience forced me to reinstall my graphics driver because it was so messed up that settings do not register...was not pleasant. Never opted to install it again...

Edited by pyantoryng, 28 February 2017 - 10:28 AM.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Rockstone_ #48 Posted 28 February 2017 - 08:34 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 20154 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Retracted fixed....

Edited by Rockstone_, 28 February 2017 - 09:47 PM.

fallanger #49 Posted 03 March 2017 - 08:37 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7629 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

so far with a mild adjustment, running acceptably

Post morten I see fighters and bombers defying physics..now that is funny stuff.

Bots are Bots...my expectations have been met, and yes they are still stupid. 

death2019 #50 Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:23 PM

• 21022 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

As I sent it before. Black screen, keep losing connection and cannot load into the battle have not been fixed.

WOWS and WOWT have no those issues at all.

BCB77B #51 Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:01 AM

Master Sergeant

• 4640 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS
Great update WG. Thank you!!

EspressoForHammy #52 Posted 06 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4962 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postdeath2019, on 04 March 2017 - 10:23 AM, said:

As I sent it before. Black screen, keep losing connection and cannot load into the battle have not been fixed.

Death is this happening during logging into the regular game or the test client?

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

GhostPrime #53 Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:05 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1226 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

View Postdeath2019, on 04 March 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

If is happening in the regular client, have you tried clearing you game cache files?

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Swearengen5 #54 Posted 07 March 2017 - 08:12 PM

Senior Airman

• 3137 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Sounds like a driver issue that I have had infrequently as well.

Nvidia Experience has caused me quite a few conflicts in the past.  Nvidia normally has fixed these failures in programming rather quickly, but this newest driver update has taken more time than any I remember.  I've been forced to disable all updates due to their automatic updates (through Nvidia Experience) constantly running in the background due to entering a loop.  Many complaints refer to this problem on Nvidia's as well as tech forums at this time----many supposed "fixes" but nothing that Nvidia or the techies have suggested has worked for me.

Worst part of it all is that manually loading the drivers used to work, but they've gone away from that simple process with this Nvidia Experience garbage.

Let me know if you find a fix.  Since Nvidia has resolved these issues in the past, I'll continue to periodically attempt to download the new Nvidia update.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users