1.9.9 female pilots

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Weapon_of_Proliferation #21 Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 1 battle
  • [S_S_G] S_S_G

Crew assignment options are welcome, and is evidence that once in a while, perhaps, the developers are listening.

On the other hand, if it could be done now, why could it not been done a year ago?

These small things can add up to either make or break a title.

The female crews seemed at first to be all pluses, but some of the posts above give me concern about breaking game balance.

All in all, a worthy patch, but it has some stiff competition from WoT 9.17.1

oldiowaguy #22 Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 78 battles
like the ease of crew movement. Wish it hadn't taken 3 years to get done, but like it!

MARS_REVENANT #23 Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:37 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on 24 February 2017 - 01:29 AM, said:

http://forum.worldof...olation-policy/

Pretend the update is an emblem, that should help ya

Thanks for reminding me... I have to bump that thread as the reward draw hasnt been completed yet... you know an actual issue.

Thanks for dropping by TS last night, it was good to hear such a high pitched voice.

http://forum.worldof...010#entry673010

View PostJetway, on 17 February 2017 - 03:26 AM, said:

Clans with any nuts actually participate.  I will admit they are few and far between.

This is all that needs to be said.  Some people want to compete, some people want to fight bots.

Thanks for being part of the competition.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

pyantoryng #24 Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

Quick Crew changing is very much welcome, even if it is as much overdue.

As for female crews...I don't think they will exist in such number to shatter completely game balance, and they cannot be everywhere at once. I had tried Russian and American...outside of the Russian being able to fry every yellow targets at a rapid rate, nothing seem gamebreaking for these two...hell, the American has the least impact on balance, giving like 2-3 sec (10% of 20 and 30 respectively) extra boost time and Ordnance Raptor Strike, while giving some pretty heavy-duty damage as early as tier 5 or 6 (8700 (4350x2) damage with 500lb bomb, for example), is very situational as you need quite a distant to build up the speed at the right angle and at the same time not lawndart...and would you load US planes with ordnance just to pound ground outside of specific mission conditions?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

GouIdy #25 Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:06 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

Add some female pilots to make some dollars, fine I get it but give an already overpowered line an extra 20% damage, chance of fire & chance of crits, WTH were you thinking Wargaming?

If you want to make money just add some female pilots wearing bikinis available for purchase only & call it a day.

MARS_REVENANT #26 Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:02 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 24 February 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

Add some female pilots to make some dollars, fine I get it but give an already overpowered line an extra 20% damage, chance of fire & chance of crits, WTH were you thinking Wargaming?

If you want to make money just add some female pilots wearing bikinis available for purchase only & call it a day.

The head on attack skill doesnt work as well as people think.  As soon as the enemy veers off in any direction (even slightly) the skill is disabled.  Most of the time it gets disabled before you are even in range.  The only time I have seen it work is when someone really wants to go head on with you, and they get into a game of chicken... at that point, they deserve to die anyway.  It does work against bot HF... but it is almost never a good idea to go head to head with a bot HF.

I think people were expecting this skill to work when you are stalling planes, but as the plane stalls, it noses down, which means it is no longer head to head and the skill is disabled again.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

GouIdy #27 Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 February 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

The head on attack skill doesnt work as well as people think.  As soon as the enemy veers off in any direction (even slightly) the skill is disabled.  Most of the time it gets disabled before you are even in range.  The only time I have seen it work is when someone really wants to go head on with you, and they get into a game of chicken... at that point, they deserve to die anyway.  It does work against bot HF... but it is almost never a good idea to go head to head with a bot HF.

I think people were expecting this skill to work when you are stalling planes, but as the plane stalls, it noses down, which means it is no longer head to head and the skill is disabled again.

There is still no shortage of players that like to head on with a heavy be it another heavy or multi-role trying to score a rocket kill. There is even boobs in light fighters that do it almost like a moth will fly straight into a bug zapper.

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:16 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View PostGouIdy, on 24 February 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

There is still no shortage of players that like to head on with a heavy be it another heavy or multi-role trying to score a rocket kill. There is even boobs in light fighters that do it almost like a moth will fly straight into a bug zapper.

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 February 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

Maybe it will be a good teaching tool for not going head to head.

EspressoForHammy #29 Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:28 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGouIdy, on 24 February 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

There is even boobs

True, true true true true....

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

GouIdy #30 Posted 24 February 2017 - 06:54 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 24 February 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Maybe it will be a good teaching tool for not going head to head.

Sadly the only teaching tools that would work were deemed as archaic & barbaric & outlawed a long time ago.

Edited by GouIdy, 24 February 2017 - 06:54 PM.

Rockstone_ #31 Posted 24 February 2017 - 09:49 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Stop and go action WTH - Game is freezing then starting up again after a few seconds plane fly's in last input position usually into the ground.:facepalm:

pigeon_kicker #32 Posted 25 February 2017 - 01:03 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

My Thoughts:

• Chicks for pilots - Love it, they have been playing the game for a long time as well and deserve it.
  • Pilot quick switch - Been waiting for that one for a while and it works.
  • Version 1.9.8.0 to 1.9.9.0 - Great, getting closer to Version 2.0.0.0 for clan wars. :sceptic: giggle
  • Custom skills - I wish we could get them on more pilots, or at least soon.

PK

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

SkyWolf__WM #33 Posted 25 February 2017 - 09:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 308 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Hey,

Anybody else getting thier 3x and 2x only sporadically?

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

losttwo #34 Posted 25 February 2017 - 10:29 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostRockstone_, on 24 February 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

Stop and go action WTH - Game is freezing then starting up again after a few seconds plane fly's in last input position usually into the ground.:facepalm:

Have you tried manually updating your drivers.

I have to do it every single patch.

Rockstone_ #35 Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:18 PM

• Alpha tester
  • 5 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Postlosttwo, on 25 February 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

Have you tried manually updating your drivers.

I have to do it every single patch.

No I'll give it a try though - never had to do it before.:honoring:

death2019 #36 Posted 26 February 2017 - 04:33 AM

• 11 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Same issue from 1.8.0, losing connection and could not join the battle.

jruhnka #37 Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Airman Basic

• 71 battles
How do you close the stupid female pilots pop-up that appears immediately upon logging on?  Is there any way to block this pop-up permanently?

Chuck_norris10 #38 Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:53 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postjruhnka, on 26 February 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

How do you close the stupid female pilots pop-up that appears immediately upon logging on?  Is there any way to block this pop-up permanently?

View Postdeath2019, on 25 February 2017 - 09:33 PM, said:

Same issue from 1.8.0, losing connection and could not join the battle.

Got that first time logging on after the patch,running CCleaner seems to help.

pigeon_kicker #39 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

View Postjruhnka, on 26 February 2017 - 01:38 PM, said:

Did you select one of the free pilots ?

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

pyantoryng #40 Posted 26 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 26 February 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

Did you select one of the free pilots ?

Select one and forget about them if you don't want to use them?

Free stuff is free...getting pilot skill points up is *tough*.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users