Suggestions to developers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Capt_SNAFU #1 Posted 22 February 2017 - 04:58 PM

Airman Basic

• 3355 battles
I am wondering how to get suggestions to developers. I was wondering why the JU87G couldn't have the option of bombs or guns in the update tree.

The_World_Needs_A_Hero #2 Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 7704 battles

View PostCapt_SNAFU, on 22 February 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

I am wondering how to get suggestions to developers. I was wondering why the JU87G couldn't have the option of bombs or guns in the update tree.

bombs OR guns??? 

So, what are you going to do to your opponent after your bombs are exhausted?...use harsh languange? :-)

clodhoppr #3 Posted 22 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14068 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 22 February 2017 - 05:50 PM, said:

bombs OR guns??? 

So, what are you going to do to your opponent after your bombs are exhausted?...use harsh languange? :-)

I do that anyways...:izmena:

FreeFOXMIKE #4 Posted 23 February 2017 - 12:13 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18107 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostCapt_SNAFU, on 22 February 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 22 February 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

bombs OR guns??? 

you know what he meant you gun pods or bombs 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

BlackDawgie #5 Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:12 AM

Airman Basic

• 6922 battles
  • [BBW] BBW

How do I report cheats? these people are use addons everywhere... and are you ever going to doing something about the scalping? it is old doing 98% of the damage and not getting the kills...

Zapperguy #6 Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33064 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostBlackDawgie, on 08 March 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

How do I report cheats? these people are use addons everywhere... and are you ever going to doing something about the scalping? it is old doing 98% of the damage and not getting the kills...

You may be doing 98% of the damage, but getting the kill involves only that last 2%. You need to finish them off yourself to be credited the kill instead of an assist.

I'll give an example that may actually help you score some more kills.

Let's say you've been chasing a plane for some time, firing away and chipping down his hp. It's likely that your guns are overheated, and they are firing far less effectively than if they were cold. While you're spitting a few bullets at your foe (because of the overheated guns) a friendly with cold guns swoops in and easily takes the last few hp and scores the kill. Sound familiar?

Here's the part that may help. You need to remain aware of a few things:

• How quickly do the guns on your plane overheat?
    • Cannons, especially larger ones, overheat very quickly. Firing cannons in short bursts or single shots can really make all the difference.
    • Machine guns don't overheat as fast, but they cool much more slowly than cannons. Again, fire in bursts, and don't let them get to that overheated state.

• How close are you to the enemy?
    • This is super important. The closer you are, the more effective your guns are. (Just because you can hit them, doesn't mean they are in an optimal firing range.)
    • Get as close as you can - 300m or less means good damage from all guns. <100m and you will tear them up.

• Are there friendlies right next to you also firing away at this plane or are you alone (for now) doing all the work?
    • If others are firing, let your guns cool while they wear him down then fire the kill shot.
    • Even if you seem to be alone, get as close as you can and don't let your guns overheat.

• There are NO mods/addons that get you the last 2% of an enemy's hp and the kill.
    • Your kill can always snatched by a high flying opportunistic plane you never saw coming. Maintain situational awareness at all times. Know where friendlies are on the map/radar.

Hope those tips help. Good luck.

See you in the skies!

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Swearengen5 #7 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:38 AM

Senior Airman

• 4471 battles
  • [-LOST] -LOST

Excellent post, Zapperguy.   Dispersion increases and rate of fire decreases as you overheat.  Hot guns won't spit much, and even when they do, they just don't hit much.

The link I attempted to paste doesn't seem to work----but I suggest you read the Wargaming:WoWP Wiki:Gunnery:Overheating.  It may answer some more of your questions as well.

Reading that source of information has reinforced my inclination to be more patient (and much, much more effective) in my planes that rely on cannons that rapidly overheat. 

Edited by Swearengen5, 10 March 2017 - 04:56 AM.

Shut_Up_and_FLY #8 Posted 10 March 2017 - 04:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 10645 battles

View PostCapt_SNAFU, on 22 February 2017 - 11:58 AM, said:

When the German GA line was first introduced, there was great hue and outcry about not having bombs on a Stuka (what? sacrilege!!)  The problem here is that they filled the role of the Ju-87B with the FW 189C at Tier IV.  The Ju-87G at Tier V was a dedicated tank buster, hence the twin 37mms, stronger engine, and the additional armor plating. When Persha introduced the German GA line, the focus was on powerful large bore cannons, rather than bombs or rockets, probably in order to make them distinctively different from the Russian GA line (This, IMHO, was why we soon were the lucky recipients of the infamous "cannon nerf", so that these German GAs would not be too over-powered, but that is a debate for another time).

The "classic" Stuka dive bomber that everyone thinks of is the Ju-87 B.  The Jericho Trumpets (which were later replaced by whistles on the bomb fins in order to reduce the drag on the airframe) struck fear into the enemy as they dived down on their targets.  But by the end of 1940 (after the Battle of Britain), the Ju-87B was obsolete, and the myth of the invincible Stukas was quickly replaced by the realization that pretty much any competent pilot in a fighter could quickly make the Stukas irrelevant.

The Ju-87B was armed with a single 250kg bomb centerline, along with 4x 50kg bombs mounted in pairs under each wing. They did not have the heavy armor protection of the Ju-87G we see in WoWP, and had extremely thin skins to reduce weight, due to the relatively weak engines. Once their ordnance was deployed, they only had a pair of 7.92mm MGs (along with the single 7.92mm tail gun) with which to defend themselves. However, their slow speed, clumsy maneuverability, thin skin, and weak armament made them easy prey, and the B model was quickly removed from production.

Were the Ju-87B to be included in WoWP, it would have to be placed in Tier IV, alongside the Fw-189C.  Even though the Uhu does not carry as large a bomb load as the Stuka, it's quartet of paired 20mm cannons and 7.92mm MGs, along with its increased maneuverability, make it a much more deadly opponent at Tier IV than the infamous Stuka.

But that also is a debate for another time....

Edited by _Warchylde_, 10 March 2017 - 04:37 PM.

"Genius may have its limitations,

but Stupidity is not thus handicapped."

- Elbert Hubbard

StallingForTime #9 Posted Today, 07:35 AM

Airman Basic

• 2026 battles

I was hoping the content of this thread fit the title of this thread...HOW DO YOU SUBMIT SUGGESTIONS TO THE DEVELOPERS????

I have searched and searched and searched and have come to the conclusion that forum search engines SUCK!!!!!

Search terms:

Daily Missions

Daily Mission Suggestion

How to Submit Suggestions

How to post a new thread

How to Start A New Thread

How to Use The Forums

Help

All respond with little or no results worth a damn yet game support tells us to use these G-Damned Forums to submit our suggestions to the developers!!!

StallingForTime #10 Posted Today, 07:44 AM

Airman Basic

• 2026 battles

View PostCapt_SNAFU, on 22 February 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Did anybody notice the first part of his statement??? It was ignored by every respondent and everyone jumped on the bandwagon about WHAT he wanted to suggest and not a single response as to HOW TO SUGGEST!!!!

Useless responses!!!! everyone of them.... And my responses don't answer that question either because I still have the same damned question after over a year of being sent  to these useless forum search engines by customer support personnel.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users