Jump to content


Skins of the Week #8

Come and see fresh new skins!

  • Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Peter205 #1 Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:16 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    03-27-2014

Hello, pilots!  :)

New skins have arrived to the front. 

This week's warplanes are various but awesome. :medal:

With them, we are introducing 2 New Nations: Switzerland and Canada.

Switzerland was Neutral country during the War years, managing to maintain its freedom with some political and economical strategies.

Canada was one of the Commonwealth nations that was called to action once again to help the Allies in achieving victory against the Axis Powers, participating in nearly all the theatres of war.

Ok, all set? We are clear for take-off. :popcorn:

 

First, as a request from MARS_REVENANT, an Awesome Canadair Sabre from the "Golden Hawks"DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

 

 

Second, a beautiful Free French Spitfire Mk. IX that saw action during Operation Vesuvius: DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

 

 

Third, a fantastic Swiss Bf 109 G-6 GustavDOWNLOAD

Spoiler

 

 

And last, but not least, a simple yet beautiful Belgian Meteor: DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

 

 

What do you think, pilots:

Can you master the Golden Hawk? :coin:

Ready to storm the skies with the Free French Spitfire? :playing:

Ready to fly with the Swiss Gustav? :honoring:

Full Power with the Belgian Meteor? :B

Let me know.

 

That's All for Today!

As always, make sure you Hit that Like Button for the much appreciated support and stop by at our Donation Page. You can now make Donations, safely with PayPal! :medal:

Also, if you have a Skin you want me to paint, check out my Skin Requests page.

Come back every week for Brand New Skins!

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:



pigeon_kicker #2 Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:40 PM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1590 battles
  • 1,520
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

Is this another new author line you are developing ?

If so, i need to get with you to get a brief outline about your line and where you want to see it in 6 months.

Reason, I am developing as we speak the "Custom Author Skin Pak Installer"

If you want a pre made layout area for your line, get with me, if not, The skins look good bro.

 

PK


If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

 

 


Peter205 #3 Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:16 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    03-27-2014

Hello, Pigeon.

What do you mean by "New Author Line"?

I still make these awesome skins and I've painted every single aircraft you see in my posts.

"Custom Author Skin Pak Installer" sounds awesome!

Can't wait for it.

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1.



MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:52 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5230 battles
  • 9,424
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPeter205, on 20 February 2017 - 02:16 PM, said:

Hello, pilots!  :)

New skins have arrived to the front. 

This week's warplanes are various but awesome. :medal:

With them, we are introducing 2 New Nations: Switzerland and Canada.

Switzerland was Neutral country during the War years, managing to maintain its freedom with some political and economical strategies.

Canada was one of the Commonwealth nations that was called to action once again to help the Allies in achieving victory against the Axis Powers, participating in nearly all the theatres of war.

Ok, all set? We are clear for take-off. :popcorn:

 

First, as a request from MARS_REVENANT, an Awesome Canadair Sabre from the "Golden Hawks"DOWNLOAD

Spoiler

 

 

 

Very NOICE!!! Thanks very much.  AS soon as I figure out how to apply this I will test it out!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Peter205 #5 Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:06 PM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    03-27-2014

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 February 2017 - 08:52 PM, said:

Very NOICE!!! Thanks very much.  AS soon as I figure out how to apply this I will test it out!

 

My pleasure, mate.

You have everything in the ZIP File.

Just click on the READ ME 1ST.txt file and your good to go.

 Make sure you  stop by at my Donation Page. You can now make Donations, safely with PayPal! 

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:


Edited by Peter205, 20 February 2017 - 09:06 PM.


MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5230 battles
  • 9,424
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPeter205, on 20 February 2017 - 04:06 PM, said:

 

My pleasure, mate.

You have everything in the ZIP File.

Just click on the READ ME 1ST.txt file and your good to go.

 Make sure you  stop by at my Donation Page. You can now make Donations, safely with PayPal! 

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:

 

Yes the skin works perfectly. I just have to figure out how to remove the US markings.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


Peter205 #7 Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:04 AM

    Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 0 battles
  • 39
  • Member since:
    03-27-2014

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 February 2017 - 09:31 PM, said:

 

Yes the skin works perfectly. I just have to figure out how to remove the US markings.

 

Use the XML file that comes with the ZIP File.

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:



MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:05 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5230 battles
  • 9,424
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPeter205, on 20 February 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

 

Use the XML file that comes with the ZIP File.

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:

 

Not sure how to "use" it.  I followed all the instructions and copied all files into res_mods, I also deleted the cacheddb file.  Is there something elde I should do?


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 February 2017 - 01:08 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


GouIdy #9 Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:38 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 2,628
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 February 2017 - 08:05 PM, said:

 

Not sure how to "use" it.  I followed all the instructions and copied all files into res_mods, I also deleted the cacheddb file.  Is there something elde I should do?

 

I just tried it out & it works fine. Maybe try it again, make sure you delete the file first & clearing your cache probably wouldn't hurt either.

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:41 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5230 battles
  • 9,424
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGouIdy, on 20 February 2017 - 08:38 PM, said:

 

I just tried it out & it works fine. Maybe try it again, make sure you delete the file first & clearing your cache probably wouldn't hurt either.

 

hmmmmmm.... I tried clearing cache.... Will try again.

 

Edit: Well I'm not sure what I was doing wrong in the first place, but it is working now.  The only thing I did extra was remove LVMP and delete the hryunomod folder.  Completely cleaned out the 1.9.8.0 folder and started from scratch.


Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 21 February 2017 - 02:06 AM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


GouIdy #11 Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:44 AM

    First Lieutenant

  • Member
  • 6 battles
  • 2,628
  • Member since:
    11-18-2013

It's all those cheats you are using that was interfering with the skin.

 

I run completely vanilla & this is the first skin that I tried out.



MARS_REVENANT #12 Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:56 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5230 battles
  • 9,424
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostGouIdy, on 20 February 2017 - 09:44 PM, said:

It's all those cheats you are using that was interfering with the skin.

 

I run completely vanilla & this is the first skin that I tried out.

 

That might be true.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


pigeon_kicker #13 Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:16 AM

    Second Lieutenant

  • Open Beta Tester
  • 1590 battles
  • 1,520
  • [SF] SF
  • Member since:
    08-04-2013

View PostPeter205, on 20 February 2017 - 03:16 PM, said:

Hello, Pigeon.

What do you mean by "New Author Line"?

I still make these awesome skins and I've painted every single aircraft you see in my posts.

"Custom Author Skin Pak Installer" sounds awesome!

Can't wait for it.

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1.

 

I must have a brain fart from hell.

Different name on the EU forums got me.

I forgot that you and myself already have a plan in place.


Edited by pigeon_kicker, 21 February 2017 - 05:16 AM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

 

 


gerr22 #14 Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:29 PM

    Command Chief Master Sergeant

  • Member
  • 4390 battles
  • 549
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
  • Member since:
    12-27-2013
keep up the good work guys i m loving it

MARS_REVENANT #15 Posted 26 February 2017 - 03:11 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5230 battles
  • 9,424
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012

View PostPeter205, on 20 February 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

 

Use the XML file that comes with the ZIP File.

 

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:

 

Now that the game has updated to 1.9.9.0 the XML file to remove the nationality markings doesnt work.  Is there an easy way to update it?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER


MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 26 February 2017 - 07:23 AM

    Colonel

  • Community Ace
  • 5230 battles
  • 9,424
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
  • Member since:
    01-26-2012
Since game was updated, hade to go back and delete the  cacheddb file and now the skin works without the US markings on it... Thanks again!

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users