• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Zapperguy #21 Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:07 AM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33052 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRRandy87, on 15 February 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

My plans exactly, Warchylde.....heading for the training rooms to practice with rockets a bit.....

You may want to check out this thread to help a bit with your rocket practice.  http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/30470-reposting-rockets-approximate-detonation-ranges/

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

RRandy87 #22 Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

Master Sergeant

• 905 battles
Thanks for the link, Zapper. That actually does help..... Think I'm letting the opponent get far too close before trying to use them. Got some practicing to do....

Zapperguy #23 Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 33052 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRRandy87, on 15 February 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

Thanks for the link, Zapper. That actually does help..... Think I'm letting the opponent get far too close before trying to use them. Got some practicing to do....

Keep in mind you have to account for both the speed and direction of your plane as well as your enemy's. For example, If you are following a plane the range might be ~1000m (3000ft), but the the same enemy coming at you head on would require a range closer to 1500m or (5000ft) because you are closing on each other. Randomly timed fuses don't make it any easier.

Here's a fun little video with a few rocket kills for you (watch it in full screen HD for most realistic view):

Have Fun!

:honoring:

'Customize Your Carousel' thread - LINK

Custom skins for I-16(L), LBSh, & IL-20 - LINK

Psicko23 #24 Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I don't know how accurate those ranges are now. With the nerfing and unnerfing and renerfing rockets, I don't think its very accurate. Use it as a loose guide.

Back before 1.9(except a few minor patches) you could reliably get blast radius rocket kills. Basically after x amount of randomised time in the air, the rockets explode, unless they hit something(then they explode). In 1.9 they made the random time more with a wider margin. They also nerfed the blast radius of most rockets. It is still possible, just a lot harder. I get a lot more direct hit rocket kills in 1.9 than I did in previous patches. Another option that was really easy pre 1.9 was ground blast kill. Basically aim the rocket to hit the ground right below a low flying plane like a ground attack plane or other planes in lower tiers. I don't believe I have gotten one of those since 1.9.

Zapper, that's impressive that you got a zvonarev in 1.9. I can usually get 2, but that 3rd is elusive. my only zvonarev was from 1.4.

Edited by Psicko23, 16 February 2017 - 05:26 PM.

pyantoryng #25 Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:35 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12041 battles

Two humans...at Pegas tier!

So much for thinking that Pegas has no forward firepower...:teethhappy:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

MCP1701 #26 Posted 23 March 2017 - 08:13 PM

Airman Basic

• 1636 battles

Not really an ordinance question, but I couldn't see where else to post this.

Since the update, my gun sight at Tier 1 (P-12)  bounces all over the place.  I've been playing for a couple of months and I fly up to Tier VI, but I'm not very good at that level.  I go back down to Tier 1 for missions and to get the coins needed to repair and restock at the higher tiers.

Anyway, when I go into pursuit of a target, the gunsight on my P-12 bounces all around the target circle.  Then, when I turn to follow, the gunsight lags way, way, way behind.  It seems like this started with the latest update, but I couldn't swear to that.

Has anyone else seen this?

GhostPrime #27 Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:27 PM

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 1540 battles
  • [WGA-B] WGA-B

Hello!

What control type do you use? Keyboard, Joystick, or controller? 

Please read the WOWP Game and Forum rules.
Forum Rules - Game Rules - EULA - TOS
Find us on Facebook!

Shut_Up_and_FLY #28 Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:13 AM

First Lieutenant

• 10638 battles

View PostMCP1701, on 23 March 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Since the update, my gun sight at Tier 1 (P-12)  bounces all over the place.  I've been playing for a couple of months and I fly up to Tier VI, but I'm not very good at that level.  I go back down to Tier 1 for missions and to get the coins needed to repair and restock at the higher tiers.

Anyway, when I go into pursuit of a target, the gunsight on my P-12 bounces all around the target circle.  Then, when I turn to follow, the gunsight lags way, way, way behind.  It seems like this started with the latest update, but I couldn't swear to that.

A lot of times when there is an update, you have to go back into Control Settings and reset your settings.  If you play with a mouse, try turning down your mouse sensitivity.

"Genius may have its limitations,

but Stupidity is not thus handicapped."

- Elbert Hubbard

CrazyHeinz #29 Posted 24 March 2017 - 01:28 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9390 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMCP1701, on 23 March 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

It's ordnance. Not ordinance. Ordinance is a law or regulation.

Psicko23 #30 Posted 02 April 2017 - 02:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMCP1701, on 23 March 2017 - 12:13 PM, said:

If you are playing with mouse and keyboard, it is inherent that the gun sight trails the plane in a turn depending on your camers settings.  If you play with joystick, the camera settings are locked onto the back of your plane and the sights don't drift as much. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users