• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Zapperguy #21 Posted 13 February 2017 - 12:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• -Community Ace-
  • 23 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostRRandy87, on 12 February 2017 - 03:10 PM, said:

First try at posting images, so forgive me if this goes awry....

Anyway.... I'm required to get to tier 4 for the "Chasing the Mosquito" event so I'm dabbling with moving up. So....back on topic.... Only tier 3, but as per your request Zapper...

So, admittedly at tier 4 I have about 40 flights and zero Aces etc. I'm thinking of going a different route for the Mosquito event. I had been using the UK line Bristol fighter since it is my only tier 4 plane. Decided to give the Russian line a try, especially the I-16 since it looks interesting to me and fits with the fighting style I like to employ. Second time out with this plane....

Spoiler

And the result is.....

Spoiler

Think I'm going to like the I-16 line :)  Anyway, to steer this back to topic...... If you are struggling and Aces, Awards, etc are important to you fly a tier that allows you to achieve them. If you are still struggling look at the planes you are flying. Do they fit your style of play? If you are trying to get Aces then GAA planes may not be the best choice since that's not what they are primarily designed for. Maybe go for the "Thunder" or "Destroyer" awards since those play more naturally to GAA's strengths.

Fantastic! Congratulations on 10 kills at tier 3! That's not "easy" for anybody.

:great::medal::medal::medal:

See, fun can be had outside of tier 1. Glad you found the right plane to have it in.

Keep up the great work!

:honoring:

Founder of the original CLOWN clan. Haven't lost a single member in over 3 years of existence.

RRandy87 #22 Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:36 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Thanks, Zapper! You are SO right about needing to find a plane to fit what you enjoy doing. I really wasn't enjoying the Bristol so much, but needed to use it to work on the Mosquito event. I personally like the I-16 much better. It just "fits" the way I like to play and with that in mind tier 3 and 4 are now much more enjoyable than they were previously. I'll probably still fly the Bristol from time to time just as a change of pace but, for me, the Russian I-16 line is much better fit.

oldiowaguy #23 Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 78 battles

View PostEpicFlash76, on 09 February 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

As an actual noob who just got a computer to play games a few months ago, I can tell you that many (most?) of us beginners want to be murdered by seal clubbers, it's how we get better.  You might kill us the first hundred times, but eventually we'll get a hit on you, and then more, and then one day we'll take you down :).   Nothing comes easy, so don't take it easy on us.

I commend you on your attitude! I wish more had that view! This was how I saw things way back in open beta/early release.

But, (there is always a butt:trollface:) there is a big difference in the quality of clubbers compared to early release! I remember crying a little inside when i would see Crayola, Fast Attack, and Waffles flighted on the other side! But flying against those guys, and the rest of the Dracs forced me to get better. I remember the excitement when I actually shot any Drac down back then. No offence to any current Drac, I still feel a sense of accomplishment if, I stress "if", I shoot you down! Except Jetway, then I just feel sorry for picking on the poor guy!:hiding:

_Warchylde_ #24 Posted 13 February 2017 - 07:00 PM

First Lieutenant

• 1 battle
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostRRandy87, on 13 February 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Thanks, Zapper! You are SO right about needing to find a plane to fit what you enjoy doing. I really wasn't enjoying the Bristol so much, but needed to use it to work on the Mosquito event. I personally like the I-16 much better. It just "fits" the way I like to play and with that in mind tier 3 and 4 are now much more enjoyable than they were previously. I'll probably still fly the Bristol from time to time just as a change of pace but, for me, the Russian I-16 line is much better fit.

Awesome! But don't give up on the Bristol, as it's your gateway to the Spitfires and the Attacker.  

Grind out the Yak line if you will, it's a lot of fun, but keep all of your options open. The best way to figure out a plane's weakness, if to fly a hundred or so battles in it. If you know how to fight in it, then you know how to defeat it.

Don't sell the Bristol short either. While it's not the strongest plane in its class, it can definitely hold its own. Here's a video by a friend of mine that showcases the Bristol.  https://youtu.be/4U-utvcACGI

"Shee, you guys are so unhip, it's a wonder your bums don't fall off!"

- Zaphod Beeblebrox

RRandy87 #25 Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:46 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
Thanks for the vid, Warchylde. I enjoyed it. Even liked the soundtrack.....What can I say..... I'm old...lol. Really quality work on the video though!

Kiwiav8r #26 Posted 14 February 2017 - 01:29 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 119 battles
  • [ACES_] ACES_

View Post_Warchylde_, on 14 February 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

Awesome! But don't give up on the Bristol, as it's your gateway to the Spitfires and the Attacker.  

Grind out the Yak line if you will, it's a lot of fun, but keep all of your options open. The best way to figure out a plane's weakness, if to fly a hundred or so battles in it. If you know how to fight in it, then you know how to defeat it.

Don't sell the Bristol short either. While it's not the strongest plane in its class, it can definitely hold its own. Here's a video by a friend of mine that showcases the Bristol.  https://youtu.be/4U-utvcACGI

Take the time to master the Bristol, the tactics to get the best out of it translate all the way up the UK fighter line from then on.

"Credibility down, Kill Ratio up!" - Joe 'Hoser' Satrapa

Aces (pre v1.9):  Bulldog, A4N, Hawk III, F2A-1, I-16(e), Skua, Ar68, A6M1, P-36, XF4F-3, Bf-109B, Bf-110B, Bf-110 C6, Blenheim, Bf-109E, Bf-110E, P-40, P-40 M105, XFL-1, Spitfire I, M.20, Beaufighter, IL-2 (mod), XF4U-1, Mosquito, P-51A, Yak-7, Yak-1M, Bf-109F, La-5, Spitfire V, Me-410, F4U-1, Fw-190 A5, Yak-9, XP-50, P-39Q-15, Mustang Mk 1, P-38J, P-51D, Yak-9U, Bf-109G, La-7, Spitfire IX, A7M, Fw-190D, F7F, Yak-15, Me-262

CruzANDBruz #27 Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:48 PM

Master Sergeant

• 797 battles

View PostEpicFlash76, on 09 February 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

As an actual noob who just got a computer to play games a few months ago, I can tell you that many (most?) of us beginners want to be murdered by seal clubbers, it's how we get better.  You might kill us the first hundred times, but eventually we'll get a hit on you, and then more, and then one day we'll take you down :).   Nothing comes easy, so don't take it easy on us.

^This. I wholeheartedly agree. 

When someone totally cleans my clock with or pulls a move on me (that leaves me wondering how in the h*ll they managed to do what they just did) I like watching the video afterward to see what I missed or what I can learn. 

Noreaga #28 Posted 14 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostEpicFlash76, on 09 February 2017 - 09:02 AM, said:

also want to commend you! all players suck when they start, and we all got stomped until we didnt anymore. Look forward to seeing you in the top 50.

Nimis obnoxii curare

hardy_noob #29 Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:44 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

View PostZigfreid, on 09 February 2017 - 07:25 AM, said:

Hi ya Snot, you are right about joining clans and flying with a wingman.

Teamwork is the most powerful tool in this game, to clear tails and win.

Is to join a clan the only way to learn this game better?

I think this game does'nt like newbees, because it is very hart to learn this game when one top-pilot in the red-team is able to win the match alone.

As Yoda would say: "A long way to become a Jedi it is, but a good Padawan being helps."

MARS_REVENANT #30 Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:16 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles

View Posthardy_noob, on 11 April 2017 - 05:44 PM, said:

I think this game does'nt like newbees, because it is very hart to learn this game when one top-pilot in the red-team is able to win the match alone.

It's not the only way, but it sure does help

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Psicko23 #31 Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Posthardy_noob, on 11 April 2017 - 02:44 PM, said:

joining a clan and using 3rd party voice comms is probably the fastest way to learn, but as Mars said, it's not the only way. Fighting up with good people also helps. If you die and have a good player on your side, don't exit the battle, watch the good pilot and see how they fly. 

scipionmk #32 Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:24 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Patience and will to learn is most. After a while it will come. With a 100+ battles with a particular plane you will probably learn what to do and what not to do. 

All of that and all of above.

Just to remind you and others. Every one of us was a noob. Some were patient and they are now enjoying the game.

hardy_noob #33 Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

Thx all for your good advices.

Maybe i learn this game in future. At the moment I only can fly my planes without crashing the ground. I can only kill some bots. But when a good human player attack me in battle, i do not know what to do in dogfight or in using the advantages of my plane.

I have to go a long way to manage being an akzepted pilot, but i will do my very best :sceptic:

As Yoda would say: "A long way to become a Jedi it is, but a good Padawan being helps."

Psicko23 #34 Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Posthardy_noob, on 12 April 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Thx all for your good advices.

Maybe i learn this game in future. At the moment I only can fly my planes without crashing the ground. I can only kill some bots. But when a good human player attack me in battle, i do not know what to do in dogfight or in using the advantages of my plane.

I have to go a long way to manage being an akzepted pilot, but i will do my very best :sceptic:

the fact you are willing to learn is a big step forward. I wish I looked for more help sooner than I did. I didn't join a clan until close to 9 or 10 thousand battles, and didn't start asking for help until about 5 or 6k battles. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users