Spitfire Mk.V, 249 Sqn, Malta. George Beurling Flys again.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:31 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3270 battles

Spitfire Mk Vc EP706 T-L, 249 Sqn, flown by George Beurling, Malta, 1942.

This repaint is painted in the markings of one of the planes flown by Canadian ace George Beurling during the seige of Malta. George Beurling (6 December 1921 – 20 May 1948), was the most successful Canadian fighter pilot recognised as "Canada's most famous hero of Second World War", as "The Falcon of Malta" and the "Knight of Malta", having shot down 27 Axis aircraft in just 14 days over the besieged Mediterranean island. Before the war ended his total climbed to 31 1/3.

There is a lot of conflicting information of the camouflage colors and marking colors from this period, and no known color photos exist of this plane on Malta. Due to this limited amount of information I choose to paint the plane in standard desert camoflage, as it would have looked when flown off the US aircraft carrier USS Boxer for delivery to the beseiged island.

Historical note: The Spitfires operating on Malta used an external air filter that gave the planes a noticable chin, these filters are not available in game. This plane was fitted with a Merlin 45 engine and 2x20mm cannon / 4x.303 mg armament.

You can download it at: Beurling.zip, You will also need the files to remove the British markings found HERE.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Peter205 #2 Posted 05 February 2017 - 12:27 AM

Master Sergeant

• 6 battles

Fantastic work, Hawkeye. Wow!

This skin looks awesome in my Spit V.

Keep up the awesome work, mate.

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1. :honoring:

MARS_REVENANT #3 Posted 05 February 2017 - 02:47 AM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
:great:

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

SkyWolf__WM #4 Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:44 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 29752 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
:honoring:
***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

hawkeyededic #5 Posted 09 February 2017 - 07:08 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3270 battles
I messed this one up too, put the wrong DDS file the download. It's been fixed and now has the correct set of textures. Sorry for any inconvenience, and once more thanks to Topsight for bringing it to my attention.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

MARS_REVENANT #6 Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

How do you apply the file to remove the original nationality markings?  I copied them into the res_mods folder under vehicles.... but markings still show up.

Thanks!

hawkeyededic #7 Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:16 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3270 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 February 2017 - 03:07 PM, said:

How do you apply the file to remove the original nationality markings?  I copied them into the res_mods folder under vehicles.... but markings still show up.

Thanks!

Sounds like you might need to delete the cachedb.bin file.

Go into the games folder and open the folders res, scripts, db, once inside teh db folder locate the cashedb.bin file and either delete it or move it somewhere else. It is a cache file that pre-loads the default decals, deleting it has no negative effect on the game.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Posthawkeyededic, on 20 February 2017 - 05:16 PM, said:

Sounds like you might need to delete the cachedb.bin file.

Go into the games folder and open the folders res, scripts, db, once inside teh db folder locate the cashedb.bin file and either delete it or move it somewhere else. It is a cache file that pre-loads the default decals, deleting it has no negative effect on the game.

I deleted that file previously to apply the golden hawks skin to the F86. http://forum.worldof...252#entry673252

Here is the path I used to paste your files to remove the markings

C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res_mods\1.9.8.0\vehicles\common\decals

Is that the right spot?

hawkeyededic #9 Posted 21 February 2017 - 08:55 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 3270 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 20 February 2017 - 05:04 PM, said:

I deleted that file previously to apply the golden hawks skin to the F86. http://forum.worldof...252#entry673252

Here is the path I used to paste your files to remove the markings

C:\Games\World_of_Warplanes\res_mods\1.9.8.0\vehicles\common\decals

Is that the right spot?

SOrry Mars, the e-mail notification for this got missed in my in-box, did you get it working? It looks like there is a folder missing in the location information you gave, should be vehicles\airplanes\common\decals

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 21 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

Major

• 32919 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Posthawkeyededic, on 21 February 2017 - 03:55 PM, said:

SOrry Mars, the e-mail notification for this got missed in my in-box, did you get it working? It looks like there is a folder missing in the location information you gave, should be vehicles\airplanes\common\decals

I think there may have been a conflict with LVMP and Hryunomod.  SInce removing them the skins and the removal of the national markings has worked.  Thanks!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users