HELP!!! I am seeing black and white squares on my screen.....

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:29 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

Sorry couldn't help myself.

Against my better judgment I decided to  post up and work in progress, considering the last one I posted was lost when my hard drive crashed.

What you see above is about 8 hours of work on the checker board pattern alone, about 4 and half on the nose, 45 minutes on the rudder and the rest on the wingtips. It is NOT Big Beautiful Doll, but it is from the same squadron. When finished it will be Contrary Mary, as flown by the units commander in 1945.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

:great:

Are you thinking of any projects in the spitfire line?

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 02 February 2017 - 05:51 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

SkyWolf__WM #3 Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:09 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 308 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Nice!

***************Fail to Suck****************

I shall use my aircraft and my skill to slightly inconvenience mine enemies.

hawkeyededic #4 Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:30 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 February 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

:great:

Are you thinking of any projects in the spitfire line?

I do have a skin for the Attacker in the pipeline, it's mostly completed just need to finish up the nationality markings.

Been looking for something for the Spitfire Mk.XIV but mostly finding schemes for the cut-down fuselage version (bubble canopy) not the early version we have in game, did find a couple that were used to chase V-1 Buzz Bombs, but nothing special really.

Isreali -vs- Egyptian Spitfire Mk.IX is still in the planning stage, this one would be released as a 2 plane pack.

Finally I have been slowly reworking the old Spit V skins, I have Beurling's plane about ready to go, followed the Seafire skin and then the plane flown by Wng Cdr Bernard Duperier during Operation Jubilee.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

x_WARHOG_x #5 Posted 02 February 2017 - 06:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
As always awesome.................:medal:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

Topsight #6 Posted 02 February 2017 - 08:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
Stunning! Looking forward to that skin!

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:01 PM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Posthawkeyededic, on 02 February 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

I do have a skin for the Attacker in the pipeline, it's mostly completed just need to finish up the nationality markings.

Been looking for something for the Spitfire Mk.XIV but mostly finding schemes for the cut-down fuselage version (bubble canopy) not the early version we have in game, did find a couple that were used to chase V-1 Buzz Bombs, but nothing special really.

Isreali -vs- Egyptian Spitfire Mk.IX is still in the planning stage, this one would be released as a 2 plane pack.

Finally I have been slowly reworking the old Spit V skins, I have Beurling's plane about ready to go, followed the Seafire skin and then the plane flown by Wng Cdr Bernard Duperier during Operation Jubilee.

There were some spitfires flown by the Canadian 403 squadron, not sure on exact model or how much work it would take.  I'll do some research if it would be something you would be interested in skinning.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 01-26-2012

hawkeyededic #8 Posted 02 February 2017 - 11:34 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 148 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 February 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

There were some spitfires flown by the Canadian 403 squadron, not sure on exact model or how much work it would take.  I'll do some research if it would be something you would be interested in skinning.

See what you can dig up, it's one of the holes in my skin catalog that is bugging the heck outta me. I know 402 Squadron had low back Spitfire Mk.XIV, but I'm not sure about the earlier high back version.

MARS_REVENANT #9 Posted 03 February 2017 - 12:17 AM

Colonel

• 809 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View Posthawkeyededic, on 02 February 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

See what you can dig up, it's one of the holes in my skin catalog that is bugging the heck outta me. I know 402 Squadron had low back Spitfire Mk.XIV, but I'm not sure about the earlier high back version.

Source link: https://rcaf403squad...pitfire/page/2/

No 403 Squadron (RCAF) Wolf Squadron Squadron Code KH-Z 

No. 403 (Fighter) Squadron, Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF), was formed at Baginton, Warwickshire, England on March 1, 1941.

The first Squadron of the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) formed  overseas under the British Commonwealth Air Training Plan (BCATP). The  letters KH identified it.

Initially equipped with the Curtiss (P40B) Tomahawk MK 1 , they were replaced with the Supermarine Spitfire
after only 29 operational sorties. Through continual replacement and  updating, the Squadron flew various models, MK 1 through MK XVI, of this very popular aircraft.

The Squadron served in the Royal Air Force (RAF) Fighter Command and Second Tactical Air Force for over four years.

Here is a pic of Flight Lieutenant C Leslie Rispler and his spit with the wolf head painted on the side.

Source link: http://www.spitfirem.../spitfirepilots

This is a gread site dedicated to the 403 https://rcaf403squadron.wordpress.com/  also looks like they are playing a game to get a picture of each plane starting from KH-A https://rcaf403squad...012/04/16/kh-a/

George Beurling

https://en.wikipedia...George_Beurling

403 Squadron leader, Hart Finley, Spitfire pilot, RCAF.

https://s-media-cach...8d5719db978.jpg

The squadron still exists, but its a helicopter training squadron http://www.rcaf-arc....3-squadron.page

I created this logo for a forum contest a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONg time ago... not historically accurate.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 03 February 2017 - 12:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users