What's wrong with liking biplanes?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

EpicFlash76 #1 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

Senior Airman

• 2714 battles
I know I'm new to this game but I got into it to begin with because I loved the idea of retro WWI biplane combat.   I just want to rip around at 80kph over that same damned Harbor map and plink away at other biplanes like I'm in the Great War.  But I keep hearing other players talk about how the only thing that matters is leveling up as fast as they can to Mustangs and Yaks and flying death jets with laser guns and nuclear missiles and all that (which is fine), but is there anything wrong with just wanting to keep my dinking little I-5 biplane forever?  Does anybody else enjoy the throwback 1920s open cockpit biplane theme so much that they just don't have the interest in leveling up to bigger and better fighters?  I'm not sealclubbing, because I kinda suck at this game, but I'm never coming out of Tier I :).  Biplanes forever!

Chuck_norris10 #2 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20807 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostEpicFlash76, on 29 January 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

I know I'm new to this game but I got into it to begin with because I loved the idea of retro WWI biplane combat.   I just want to rip around at 80kph over that same damned Harbor map and plink away at other biplanes like I'm in the Great War.  But I keep hearing other players talk about how the only thing that matters is leveling up as fast as they can to Mustangs and Yaks and flying death jets with laser guns and nuclear missiles and all that (which is fine), but is there anything wrong with just wanting to keep my dinking little I-5 biplane forever?  Does anybody else enjoy the throwback 1920s open cockpit biplane theme so much that they just don't have the interest in leveling up to bigger and better fighters?  I'm not sealclubbing, because I kinda suck at this game, but I'm never coming out of Tier I :).  Biplanes forever!

Fly away! I also love the bi-planes but get called a seal clubber when flying those tiers but lately I see lots of veterans down there.

Fly what ever makes you smile.

Lethalhavoc #3 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2972 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

People pad in the I-5 and I-15 forever more, if you enjoy the plane, play it and enjoy it.

Myself, I don't play below tier 3 anymore, but if they added the Fokker DR.1 I would so be playing it all the time.

Spoiler
Spoiler

Edited by Lethalhavoc, 29 January 2017 - 05:16 PM.

Omega_Weapon #4 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:18 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10166 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostEpicFlash76, on 29 January 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

I keep hearing other players talk about how the only thing that matters is leveling up fast.

​They are wrong. There is nothing in the rules that limits how much you play at any given tier. Fly the planes you want to fly and have fun. And yes you're not the only one that enjoys dogfighting in rickety old biplanes. :great:

Edited by Omega_Weapon, 29 January 2017 - 05:19 PM.

Topsight #5 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34414 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
Love my Bulldog!  Rock on man!

losttwo #6 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:26 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

by all means enjoy yourself FLYING WHAT YOU WANT WHEN YOU WANT.

Just ignore the other people complaining about what you are flying.

They are trying to compensate for their own short comings.

Rosebud #7 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:28 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11967 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

It seems to me that you are faced with a conundrum. Should you continue to enjoy the game playing at the level you feel excited and comfortable with or listen to people you don't know and will never meet? Wait...that's not a problem...carry on and welcome to WoWP.

P.S. Get used to blowhards telling you what is and is not acceptable, including myself.

losttwo #8 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
What bathroom are you suppose to use if you fly bi-planes ?

EpicFlash76 #9 Posted 29 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Senior Airman

• 2714 battles
I'm glad to hear I'm not alone :).  I have one rarely-used T2 (F2F) and one very rarely-used T3 (F3F) but even at those levels I just don't have as much fun as with the basic vanilla biplanes.   I would LOVE it if WG went BACKWARDS on the tech tree and gave us a few WWI vintage Spads and Neuports (and Fokker Triplanes!).   Until then I'll just keep having a blast with my starter T1 planes (except the Type 91, that just looks fugly).   Say what you want about WoWP but it's the closest you will find to a WWI Red Baron simulator and that's good for me. 

FreeFOXMIKE #10 Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:31 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18044 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostEpicFlash76, on 29 January 2017 - 11:02 AM, said:

its a game its meant to be fun, if its not fun then the game is failing part of its propose, Play it your way, many play the lower Tiers to get the  bonus for the day.   And others to have fun. and even more for both. A small few just to "seal club" and max out awards. 

So have it your way

Due note they have you tube vids ,as well as WG in game web site vids on how to best fly some Aircraft. 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Chuck_norris10 #11 Posted 29 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20807 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

You should change your name to Snoopy!

Thought of this right away.

V_A_C_A #12 Posted 29 January 2017 - 11:59 PM

Senior Airman

• 514 battles
That's the same as World of Tanks: the fun is on lower tiers. Higher tiers are for ego reasons.

mnbv_fockewulfe #13 Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:20 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 4314 battles
  • [JACS] JACS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 29 January 2017 - 08:53 PM, said:

You should change your name to Snoopy!

Thought of this right away.

To be honest, I've always wanted to have the name Joe_Cool.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

_Warchylde_ #14 Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:27 AM

First Lieutenant

• 9798 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

While I enjoy flying my Spitfires, Messerschmitts, and jets, flying my Bulldog or my F3F always puts a huge smile in my face.

Fly what you will....You don't play the game to make others happy, you play for yourself.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

FreeFOXMIKE #15 Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:55 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18044 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostV_A_C_A, on 29 January 2017 - 05:59 PM, said:

That's the same as World of Tanks: the fun is on lower tiers. Higher tiers are for ego reasons.

no its just a different challenge level

then 

or now

its your plane your pc your INTERNET , your bills so have it your way

the only time it may be restricted  can be if your in a cyber unit in game or a tourney 

and certain in game missions 

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 30 January 2017 - 01:01 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Chuck_norris10 #16 Posted 30 January 2017 - 01:41 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20807 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postmnbv_fockewulfe, on 29 January 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

To be honest, I've always wanted to have the name Joe_Cool.

Ya,I remember that.

Psicko23 #17 Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:14 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18531 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I like flying the biplanes, but I dont like seal clubbing in the lower tiers. It is fun to club the clubbers when that happens. I do prefer the higher tier planes though. 

Edited by Psicko23, 30 January 2017 - 06:14 AM.

RRandy87 #18 Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:48 AM

Master Sergeant

• 905 battles
You're definitely not alone. I'm really new to the game, but I see myself staying in tier 1 planes for a long, long time. I simply prefer the biplanes to the later stuff. Like you, I actually wish WoWP would expand backwards into true WWI planes, but until or unless that happens I'll make do with what we already have in the way of biplanes. Oh, and the next time you're flying, if you happen to see an enemy pilot who bounces back and forth between wandering aimlessly and flying like his hair is on fire, maybe give him a pass; that's likely me....lol.

EpicFlash76 #19 Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:32 AM

Senior Airman

• 2714 battles
If I may brag on my fellow peasants down in the lower Steerage decks for a minute, there's a ton of skill in the Tier I ranks.  Dogfights are often pretty intense affairs because the T1 planes are all fairly equal, even with the upgrades.  No one has the acceleration to escape a fight, trying to climb to stall someone will just get you murdered, and with barely 60 hit points to give you have to be extremely careful with every one, an enemy gets a couple good streams into you and you're dead.   You can also really use the terrain to your advantage, I've spent many a fight ducking and weaving between cranes and buildings at near walking speeds and 2 meters off the ground, that's fun stuff no matter who you are.  Not that you higher Tier guys don't have the crazyskills, but even us biplaners can fly.   Go ahead, bring you P-47N down here to the T1s, try and turn with a Goldfinch and see how long you last before he chews you up, 18 firepower points at a time :)

_Delilah_ #20 Posted 30 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

Airman Basic

• 7 battles

The elite blow hards try to set up an artificial system of acceptance so they can have a reason in their lives SOMEwhere so they can look down on someone.  Most of them got their stats and upper tiers when we had three man flights, and they only flew in those flights in heavies and the like.  There are exceptions, but very few. 

Ignore them and do what you wish to do.  I also suggest you never ever return to this septic forum except to do a search for how to fly a certain plane.  Listen to no one except those who help you fly the planes you wish to fly better.  Join a clan, go to its TeamSpeak or whatever, make friends outside of this sewer, have a great time in WarPlanes and never listen to those who try to make you feel low because you enjoy the lower tiers.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users