Me.163 J8M Guide Video Replay TbM

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 29 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Okay, first off, I know what you're thinking:  "There's no Komet in Warplanes, and WG has said there won't be."  Well, it was because of that shortsighted absolute statement that I asked Community Ace Hawkeyededic to produce a mod that strips the Hinomaru off of the J8M, replaces it with the Balkenkreuz and gives the aircraft a woodland camo, effectively turning her into the Komet as the two aircraft are functionally identical.  Hopefully the continued interest in the Komet will get the point across to WG and the Dev team will put the minimal amount of work in that it would take for there to be a German version of this aircraft available either for purchase in the shop or as a trophy aircraft that one can earn through a warcache type mission or event.

The Komet is an interesting and dangerous fighter; flying like nothing else at or above her tier the Komet requires very specific tactics to be used effectively or to be fended off by wary defenders.  The rocket booster the aircraft depends upon for propulsion makes the Komet the best climbing aircraft at tier VIII; nothing can get higher than her in the same amount of time.  Altitude and speed are the Komet's greatest weapons, because when she starts to shoot, she only has a pair of MK 108 30mm cannons.  Those guns can get the job done, but only if the pilot is very familiar with their ballistics and can hit with at least 50% of his shots.  A great way to assist your accuracy in this beast is to sucker other aircraft into chasing you to higher altitudes where you can stall them out and slaughter them at your leisure.  Bots are especially susceptible to this tactic, and growing knowledge of this flaw in their programming has led to a lot of bot abuse at the hands of the Komet.

If one of these are on the enemy team, you should keep your eyes up for it at all times; be aware of where the Komet is on the map and direct your teammates to ambush her while she's diving down on a target; the Komet is small, fast, and hard to hit, but doesn't have a lot of durability and is likely to brew up and explode with one solid connecting burst of fire.  Having a good disciplined wingman is one of the best ways to completely disarm the Me.163 and keeping it from running away with the battle.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

Edited by MagusGerhardt, 29 January 2017 - 03:05 AM.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 29 January 2017 - 03:51 AM

First Lieutenant

• 116 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I believe I smelled a brimstone like odor while Bot was fighting in around the river... anyone else, hmmm?

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Peter205 #3 Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:13 AM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles

Hey, Magus.

Great Video!

I see that you have a beautiful Komet right there and the paint looks awesome on the J8M.

Should you, however, like to have some more komets, check out my skins here.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1.

Zigfreid #4 Posted 29 January 2017 - 06:24 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 1163 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Great video thanks for sharing with us.:great:

That plane is still on my wish list for now, but

watching Eric carry the game in it was awesome.

Eric could fly a paper air plane and win the match.:medal:

Great planes, great pilots, make great games.

And we have Magus who makes magic with videos. :honoring:

MagusGerhardt #5 Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:12 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostPeter205, on 28 January 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

Hey, Magus.

Great Video!

I see that you have a beautiful Komet right there and the paint looks awesome on the J8M.

Should you, however, like to have some more komets, check out my skins here.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,

Foxtrox1.

Very good looking skins!  I particularly liked the post-war Luftwaffe F-84B and the East German MiG!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

riose #6 Posted 12 March 2017 - 10:04 AM

Senior Airman

• 0 battles

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 29 January 2017 - 02:22 AM, said:

The Komet is an interesting and dangerous fighter; flying like nothing else at or above her tier the Komet requires very specific tactics to be used effectively or to be fended off by wary defenders.  The rocket booster the aircraft depends upon for propulsion makes the Komet the best climbing aircraft at tier VIII; nothing can get higher than her in the same amount of time. 

Is there any way to know the climb rate under boost? The in-game window about the plane apparently gives away only the climb rate without boost (awful 12.1 m/s)...

MagusGerhardt #7 Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postriose, on 12 March 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

Is there any way to know the climb rate under boost? The in-game window about the plane apparently gives away only the climb rate without boost (awful 12.1 m/s)...

The only way to figure this out would be with a stopwatch and pen and paper and do the math.  There's no metric given in game for this, sadly.

pyantoryng #8 Posted 20 March 2017 - 02:56 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

I think...if the actual Me 163 is in, its HWK motor would work better than the Japanese knockoff but the MK 108 will be a letdown given its much poorer accuracy...:unsure:

...or it will get Jagerfaust to compensate...NOT :hiding:

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Also tagged with Me.163, J8M, Guide, Video, Replay, TbM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users