Very Basic Guide?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

BaconMeLoveIt #1 Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:15 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

Been playing World of Tanks mostly and this Warplanes looks fun to play.

I'm confused on the controls though. Any very basic video tutorials? YouTube mostly has RU videos.

Does moving the pointer or crosshair automatically changes the plane's direction? Like if the  cursor is moved towards the right side of the screen, then does the plane automatically goes to the right? But whenever I press the keys A or D, the planes is rolling to the left or right. So quite since whenever i want to make my plane do a left or right turn, I press A or D and point the cursor to left or right. :unsure:

PhoinexFire #2 Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

http://forum.worldof...es-game-manual/  

http://forum.worldof...tacking-guide/ 

https://www.youtube....r/koboldking001

Bubba_Zanetti #3 Posted 22 January 2017 - 01:42 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 399 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Practice in training.  Moving the mouse in circular patterns, then hard right, left, up, down.  Apply boost at times, and breaks/0 throttle (S key), and notice how they affect the tightness of your turns.  

Planes with flaps, use (E key) to also affect speed change, for tighter turns.  These may vary depending on you aircrafts current speed though, and altitude.  Near stall you'll feel like a brick.  Rolls (A &D) can help with starting the turns, and later avoiding incoming fire as you pseudo barrel roll with funky finger ballet.  

Change your hud to show the horizon attitude (Settings>Battle>Instrumentation>attitude indicator Variant 3).  Good luck!

losttwo #4 Posted 22 January 2017 - 02:27 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

are left handed or right handed ?

I am a left handed pilot.

mouse on the left and bind the keys to the number pad on the keyboard.

You can bind keys by going into settings.

BaconMeLoveIt #5 Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:34 AM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

View PostBubba_Zanetti, on 21 January 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

Practice in training.  Moving the mouse in circular patterns, then hard right, left, up, down.  Apply boost at times, and breaks/0 throttle (S key), and notice how they affect the tightness of your turns.  

Planes with flaps, use (E key) to also affect speed change, for tighter turns.  These may vary depending on you aircrafts current speed though, and altitude.  Near stall you'll feel like a brick.  Rolls (A &D) can help with starting the turns, and later avoiding incoming fire as you pseudo barrel roll with funky finger ballet.  

Change your hud to show the horizon attitude (Settings>Battle>Instrumentation>attitude indicator Variant 3).  Good luck!

Thanks!:honoring:

I am playing the multi-role aircraft. The middle route on the US tech tree. Currently, I am on tier-II.

View Postlosttwo, on 21 January 2017 - 06:27 PM, said:

are left handed or right handed ?

I am a left handed pilot.

mouse on the left and bind the keys to the number pad on the keyboard.

You can bind keys by going into settings.

Ambidextrous. 

xenofoxx #6 Posted 22 January 2017 - 03:44 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 25 battles

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on 21 January 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

Been playing World of Tanks mostly and this Warplanes looks fun to play.

I'm confused on the controls though. Any very basic video tutorials? YouTube mostly has RU videos.

Does moving the pointer or crosshair automatically changes the plane's direction? Like if the  cursor is moved towards the right side of the screen, then does the plane automatically goes to the right? But whenever I press the keys A or D, the planes is rolling to the left or right. So quite since whenever i want to make my plane do a left or right turn, I press A or D and point the cursor to left or right. :unsure:

Welcome to the game.

I know many people here may use a controller or flight stick. I tend to stick to the mouse and keyboard out of personal preference.

Basic rundown is....

Unlike tanks, you're always in motion.

Mouse

The mouse indicates where you want the aircraft to turn and/or aim. Move the mouse, the aircraft tries to angle itself to line up with where you are aiming.

Note that some aircraft have a wide turning arch, so you need to give yourself enough time to avoid bumping into a mountain, the ground, or a friendly aircraft.

Right click allows you to move the camera without turning the plane. Good for checking out what's below you before diving.

Left click is your machine guns. They fire wherever your aircraft is pointed. Be aware if you're firing in the middle of turning, you may not be shooting where the mouse is pointing and could strife an ally.

Keyboard

W - Activates boost, giving yourself a brief period of speed. Boost will engaged as long as W is pressed, however your engine will overheat and boost will be limited or unavailable until it cools down. (An indicator in the bottom icon trey shows this)

S - Reduces engine speed. Allows you to slow the aircraft. Be careful not to slow too much or you may stall.

A and D - Allows you to roll left or right. Commonly I use these along with mouse movements to assist in turning, climbing or diving.

E - Engages the flaps of the aircraft. Some low tier aircraft do not have flaps.

Q- Looks behind you.

F - Zoomed in view for long distance aiming.

R - Fires a rocket if equipped

B or Space - Drop bomb (Fun tip, if someone is on your tail, and they're close, and you're low to the ground. You can drop a bomb and hopefully kill or damage them.)

Enter - Enables/Disables chat mode (Press Tab while chatting to toggle between team talk and all talk)

You can view more in the settings screen, but that's the basics.

Happy flying.

Xenofoxx - World of Warplanes - Closed Beta Tester

pyantoryng #7 Posted 22 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

You point the dot by moving the mouse and the aircraft will attempt to move towards the dot. You apply extra controls to facilitate that movement e.g. boost, flaps, yaw, pitch...

That's how I see it.

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

PhantomStar_ #8 Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Press ESC and go to setting. You can customize your controls there, it helps a lot. (roll, boost, flaps, thrust, rockets...etc...)

lower_sign.png

Snoticus #9 Posted 22 January 2017 - 09:52 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SF] SF
Yo, new guy,everyone who put links up and gave the basic run down on this here thread,gives good advice..i wished i had taken some of it in my early days...welcome to the game..Don't touch my dots!!!!

Edited by Snoticus, 22 January 2017 - 09:53 AM.

tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

x_WARHOG_x #10 Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:38 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
I'm just a scrub but all this is good information..................:great:

Sneaking up on your six.....................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users