Is this mostly a Euro Player game?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

TheCorpsman #1 Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:11 PM

Senior Airman

• 428 battles

Greetings all, as the title states, is this game mostly played by Europeans? The reason I ask is when I go to YouTube to try to see a review on a certain aircraft, its well over 97% foreign content. I was hoping there would be some personality like "QuickyBaby" or some such to review planes but alas, its mostly German/Russian/French type videos I am referred to. Is this game more popular overseas because I encounter MANY bots in the match ups as well, often times just me on one side and another real player on the opposing team.

We usually just bot feast and leave each other alone since its the two of us. As a World of Tanks player, I see that that game has a strong North American player base, as well as a thriving European community. I am wondering if WarGaming is pitching this game more to the Euro's? Is there a way to play on the Euro server?

Is there a stat page somewhere that reveals which region has the most players and at what times etc? I really enjoy the game but am disappointed in the low number of North American players, I have not yet seen a full match between two real player teams, at most I have seen perhaps 4 to 5 real honest to goodness players on each side, and this happened once. Is the game not doing well?

Edited by TheCorpsman, 13 January 2017 - 06:21 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #2 Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:19 PM

Major

• 30509 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

WOWP has pretty much been abandoned by WG with only a few events/updates per year trickling through, and no end game content or advertising.

Most events that go on are run by community members ans sometimes WG will chip in prizing.

EU and RU player base is much larger than NA, so they get more WG attention when it comes to active community managers.  NA gets 1 person, part time as he is dedicated to the Tanks and  Ships forums.

You can play on the EU or RU server, you just need to go there and sign up.  You wont be able to transfer your NA account over there.  You will need to start over.  Depending on your ISP and Bandwidth you may experience high ping/lag, but it is possible.

EU and RU also have bots to fill battles, but they have a much more active player base, so you will see more live players, but that depends on the time zone.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TheCorpsman #3 Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:39 PM

Senior Airman

• 428 battles

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 January 2017 - 12:19 PM, said:

WOWP has pretty much been abandoned by WG with only a few events/updates per year trickling through, and no end game content or advertising.

Most events that go on are run by community members ans sometimes WG will chip in prizing.

EU and RU player base is much larger than NA, so they get more WG attention when it comes to active community managers.  NA gets 1 person, part time as he is dedicated to the Tanks and  Ships forums.

You can play on the EU or RU server, you just need to go there and sign up.  You wont be able to transfer your NA account over there.  You will need to start over.  Depending on your ISP and Bandwidth you may experience high ping/lag, but it is possible.

EU and RU also have bots to fill battles, but they have a much more active player base, so you will see more live players, but that depends on the time zone.

Thank you Mars_Revenant, its a shame that this game does not have the full content creation backing as it clearly plays very well and I for one am saddened by the fact that its been put on the back burner by the creators.

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 13 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

Major

• 30509 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

A lot of people come back just for events, but even then it is still only 600 - 700 people online at any given time.

Look me up in game, it is more fun when you are flying with someone.

Yagos2k16 #5 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:30 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 19408 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
The population has slowly been increasing and I mean very slowly, but I remember a time where 350-450 players online was as good as it got

RedSpartacus #6 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16388 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Here a link for server stats:

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/na/NA

RUN WITH THE PACK

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:40 PM

Major

• 30509 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostYagos2k16, on 13 January 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

The population has slowly been increasing and I mean very slowly, but I remember a time where 350-450 players online was as good as it got

You have already been hired as Hack Police, I wasn't looking for someone to fill our vacant Porkins position.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 13 January 2017 - 07:40 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:45 PM

Major

• 30509 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostRedSpartacus, on 13 January 2017 - 02:37 PM, said:

Here a link for server stats:

https://stats.wotapi.ru/stats/wowp/na/NA

Yikes!, Check out Christmas 2015 vs 2016.

FreeFOXMIKE #9 Posted 14 January 2017 - 05:22 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 17352 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 13 January 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

A lot of people come back just for events, but even then it is still only 600 - 700 people online at any given time.

Look me up in game, it is more fun when you are flying with someone.

depends on the time played during some of the last events and the big one with the pacific  we had 1000 to as many as 1400 a big improvement  but still sad when compared to its starting days. but on non event just regular days 400-550 is about right. not thats just on the NA server at our peak player time on the EU they may have 1500 - 2300,and the RU can have around 4000

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 14 January 2017 - 05:33 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:00 AM

Major

• 30509 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 14 January 2017 - 12:22 AM, said:

depends on the time played during some of the last events and the big one with the pacific  we had 1000 to as many as 1400 a big improvement  but still sad when compared to its starting days. but on non event just regular days 400-550 is about right. not thats just on the NA server at our peak player time on the EU they may have 1500 - 2300,and the RU can have around 4000

Your numbers are way off.  The Japanese Threat(Oct 2016) brought in more people than the 2016 Christmas event, and even then we didn't break 950. We probably haven.t seen 1400 people online in 2.5 - 3 years.

Source link https://stats.wotapi...tats/wowp/na/NA

x_WARHOG_x #11 Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:32 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28286 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Welcome to the game if you decide to stick around and and wants some very good gameplay guides and reviews check out Magus.............:great:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmqT1zdcUcvAC6qJCgPddA

Sneaking up on your six.....................

FreeFOXMIKE #12 Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:16 PM

• 17352 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 14 January 2017 - 12:00 AM, said:

Your numbers are way off.  The Japanese Threat(Oct 2016) brought in more people than the 2016 Christmas event, and even then we didn't break 950. We probably haven.t seen 1400 people online in 2.5 - 3 years.

Source link https://stats.wotapi...tats/wowp/na/NA

see that is  why even stats can be wrong its states AVERAGE numbers in other words sustained usage 

was as they say a pic is worth a 1000 words did not  have the highest one but here are a few

1299 and 1198

correction 1188

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 14 January 2017 - 12:32 PM.

FreeFOXMIKE #13 Posted 14 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

• 17352 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View Postx_WARHOG_x, on 14 January 2017 - 02:32 AM, said:

Welcome to the game if you decide to stick around and and wants some very good gameplay guides and reviews check out Magus.............:great:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSmqT1zdcUcvAC6qJCgPddA

yes a good thought 

:great:

you may see on line arguments but pay them no mind its like brothers or sisters fighting in a family they can and do but don't have and outsider from another game try it  lol 

talking to one of the WG staff at a road show they thought ( and we all know how best laid plans go right)

tanks would be most played by the RU populace 

Ships by the Asian

and Planes by the US/NA 

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 14 January 2017 - 12:28 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #14 Posted 14 January 2017 - 03:08 PM

Major

• 30509 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 14 January 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

see that is  why even stats can be wrong its states AVERAGE numbers in other words sustained usage 

was as they say a pic is worth a 1000 words did not  have the highest one but here are a few

1299 and 1198

correction 1188

Maybe next time post pictures from the NA server.  You posted hangar shots from EU.

We didnt get our patch till the 22nd of September. Source link: http://forum.worldof...384#entry656384  You are showing Sept 21st as your hangar date. And your clan tags and clan chat are also missing.

Not sure if you did this knowingly, or live in an alternate reality.  FYI the server stats are not average, they show average, but they also show peak logins for the day.

These are the stats for NA, we didn't break 950 for the entire event:

And these are the stats for EU on the date of your screen shot:

A picture may be worth 1000 words, but you need to ask if you are looking at the right picture.  Go back to bed mike, I think that mind of yours can use a lot of rest.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 14 January 2017 - 05:58 PM.

FreeFOXMIKE #15 Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

• 17352 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

not going to argue with you but they even say average not peck not highest number but average for the month the day that hour. 

may have to give you that one on the pics as I notice later that AC where missing in the hanger I did not play that much in EU during that time 

OMG your actually right on one  golly gee willigers 

and by they way wise acer if you want to try to get insulting you can do it with your self and as far as sleeping I don't sleep much after the Gulf War and others so :P

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 14 January 2017 - 08:39 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #16 Posted 14 January 2017 - 08:53 PM

Major

• 30509 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 14 January 2017 - 03:34 PM, said:

not going to argue with you but they even say average not peck not highest number but average for the month the day that hour. 

may have to give you that one on the pics as I notice later that AC where missing in the hanger I did not play that much in EU during that time 

OMG your actually right on one  golly gee willigers 

and by they way wise acer if you want to try to get insulting you can do it with your self and as far as sleeping I don't sleep much after the Gulf War and others so :P

Not sure how much more simple I can make this for you.  Sorry you feel insulted, personally I treat everyone equally, mentally challenged or not.  It is up to you to live in society, not society to bend reality for you to be right.  The sky is blue, the world is round, you cant fix stupid, period.

FreeFOXMIKE #17 Posted 14 January 2017 - 10:25 PM

• 17352 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

roflol  ---- lol  Hee hee hee -  chuckle  and now the insults trying troll starves 

but back on topic one can say that by usage and server population yes its a EU/RU game

"

"Is there a way to play on the Euro server?"

yes just make an account and log in be advise though your starting over as a new player according to the first posted game rules you can have one account per server. 

http://worldofwarpla...aign=wowp-forum

http://worldofwarpla...d/installation/

but do not forget us we need all the payers we can get 

also note some complain about the ping rate but I play on that server too and have now problem but lest time I played on the RU server and that was a long time ago I did suffer lag and inturn ping issues 

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 14 January 2017 - 11:17 PM.

DrSinister #18 Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:22 AM

High-Tech Medic

• Closed Public Test
  • 4663 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

I miss the good ole days back in Closed Beta, when peak hours hit we had 3K players online (RU would have 10k+, I think nearly 20k) but then they added in Altitude bands, altitude compression (after this happen made HFs OPed), ridiculous dispersion, ghost through wrecks, and the inability to actually drop on someones tail and stay undetected till you started firing at 300 meters because they were not actively panning their mouse look and try to reinvent the flight mechanics 4-5 times in the game's life.  

But it was too much realistic and too complicated for the masses (even though it was still pretty arcade like then real even then), that when they made it even more arcade the numbers still dropped.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #19 Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 19580 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostDrSinister, on 14 January 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

I miss the good ole days back in Closed Beta, when peak hours hit we had 3K players online (RU would have 10k+, I think nearly 20k) but then they added in Altitude bands, altitude compression (after this happen made HFs OPed), ridiculous dispersion, ghost through wrecks, and the inability to actually drop on someones tail and stay undetected till you started firing at 300 meters because they were not actively panning their mouse look and try to reinvent the flight mechanics 4-5 times in the game's life.  

But it was too much realistic and too complicated for the masses (even though it was still pretty arcade like then real even then), that when they made it even more arcade the numbers still dropped.

the game's a lot like Harry Potter... you never know whats magic/bizarre or just normal. I think it's fun just the way it is... don't change a damn thing.

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

TheCorpsman #20 Posted 15 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

Senior Airman

• 428 battles
Well i for one enjoy the game and own several premium planes to support the development. I hope in time WarGaming decides to spruce it up a bit by perhaps having EGame battles et cetera for prize money, this way they can get more exposure. A single annual event for $100,000 in prize money will more than pay for itself (I know they do have World of Tanks face-offs but I mean for Warplanes) in renewed interest, ad revenue, sponsorship deals etc. Here's hoping the numbers pickup this year. Thank you all for the insight.

Edited by TheCorpsman, 15 January 2017 - 01:57 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users