Kochyerigin BSh-1 - Credit Printer

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

_Warchylde_ #1 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

First Lieutenant

• 7757 battles

I see a lot of newer pilots  on the forums lately, and a few have been asking about premium planes.

Well, since WG in their infinite wisdom, took away the ability to use Premiums for crew training, their primary purpose is for grinding credits. 

In the lower tiers, there are a couple of standouts that serve this purpose well, but I want to talk about the Kochyerigin BSh-1.

This was originally a gift plane for Beta testers, but became available for purchase in the summer of 2015

EDIT: Many thanks to Hawkeye for correcting me, in that it was not a gift plane, but was a purchase, only available during Open Beta, but was re-released for purchase in one of WG's efforts to make more money without offering more content.

In 1935, US manufacturer Vultee developed the V-11 as a light attack bomber.  In 1936, the Soviet Union purchased thee V-11's along with a production license. In 1937, Kochyerigin began production of the BSh-1.

While not as maneuverable as the HA-137, it can easily outfly it's cousin, the Kochyerigin TSh-3, where it excels in speed and maneuverability. The BSh-1 is armed with 4x wing-mounted 7.62mm ShKAS machine guns, a single 7.62mm DA tail gun, and carries 8 (yes, EIGHT) FAB-50 bombs.  Those bombs give you the flexibility to take out several ground targets, and still have a couple extra to discourage an unwary and greedy, fighter pilot on your six.

Trust me folks, at Tier 3, it's hard to find a plane that prints money faster than this beauty. If you like to bomb other planes, this one is tailor made for bomb-killing.

Here's a video of yours truly earning a Destroyer/Ace in the BSh-1 that I purchased in July 2015.  It's a 5v5, where my entire team was wiped out while I was window licking, so I had to face all 5 enemy planes alone.  A couple of gun kills, a bit of a wing clip, a kill by my tail gunner, and a sweet bomb trap all served to bring home the victory against 4 light fighters and a heavy.

Now if that didn't impress you, check out this video of buddha222 [-WS-], earning a 7-kill Clostermann Medal in his BSh-1, back in 2014..

Edited by _Warchylde_, 12 January 2017 - 04:44 AM.

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

hawkeyededic #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:05 AM

Resident Researcher

• Community Ace
  • 2823 battles

Nice write up, but I want to clarity a minor point. The BSH-1 was not a gift plane for beta testers, it was part of a package  that was available during Open Beta for purchase with real money. That package included the BSH-1, XFL-1 and AR.197.

You can still train crew with premiums, you just have to wait till that crew is at 100%, then you can use a premium plane to train up points towards their next skill.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

_Warchylde_ #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:08 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7757 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 11 January 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

Nice write up, but I want to clarity a minor point. The BSH-1 was not a gift plane for beta testers, it was part of a package  that was available during Open Beta for purchase with real money. That package included the BSH-1, XFL-1 and AR.197.

You can still train crew with premiums, you just have to wait till that crew is at 100%, then you can use a premium plane to train up points towards their next skill.

Thanks for correcting me Hawk, I knew that it was originally only available to Beta Testers, but I guess I forgot the particulars....sucks getting old......

Edited by _Warchylde_, 12 January 2017 - 12:09 AM.

Zigfreid #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:26 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 33505 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Nice video and a carry in an ground pounder.

Will put that plane on my wish list 8 bombs wow.

And that bomb kill right on the money good job.

Thanks for sharing. Zig <O

_Warchylde_ #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:55 AM

First Lieutenant

• 7757 battles

View PostZigfreid, on 11 January 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

Nice video and a carry in an ground pounder.

Will put that plane on my wish list 8 bombs wow.

And that bomb kill right on the money good job.

Thanks for sharing. Zig <O

Anytime, Brother o' mine.

I learned how to set the bomb trap from the best (making vids of your bomb kills taught me a lot).

I know you don't play lower tiers, but if you had one of these babies, I think you'd surpass Zapper in total bomb kills.

(BTW, how'd you like the little wing fake to get the Fat Wulf off my tail?)  LOL :playing:

Edited by _Warchylde_, 12 January 2017 - 05:03 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users