Update

Sucks

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ploye #1 Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:29 AM

Airman Basic

• 19478 battles
Get a good bot team you win. Bad bot team you lose. Where's the balance?

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #2 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:12 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 21947 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

The balance is located in the Wargaming's Advertisement fund for World of Warplanes!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

hvPALANTIRION #3 Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:10 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10264 battles
  • [HV] HV
With a good bot team you win, but they steal your kills. With a bad bot team you win BIG cause you have to kill everyone...or you lose if you aren't good enough. Think more, learn, play better. 

losttwo #4 Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:16 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

So many people complained about that same concept when it was all human.

Nothing has changed.

hvPALANTIRION #5 Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10264 battles
  • [HV] HV

View Postlosttwo, on 11 January 2017 - 09:16 AM, said:

Nothing has changed.

-Actually one thing has changed. Humans, even stupid ones, are harder to manipulate than predictable bots. In other words: It's harder to defeat a team of 1 great player + 9 other crap players than to defeat a team of 1 great player + 9 bots.

TeamTerrible #6 Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 45077 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Wargaming match making is in a world of its own

Some gaming companies balance matches as equal as possible, others match to models.....WG's idea is to manifest mockeries (MM) 

Fuss all you want about it....its one of the most posted complaints so do your best to learn and adapt

RedSpartacus #7 Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

The balance is trying to keep everybody in the 50% win range.

RUN WITH THE PACK

FreeFOXMIKE #8 Posted 11 January 2017 - 02:18 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 18059 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

View Postlosttwo, on 11 January 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Nothing has changed.

I can agree they do all the things that human players did steal kill lawn drat  go the wrong way fail to cover a teammate in trouble. 

View PosthvPALANTIRION, on 11 January 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

-Actually one thing has changed. Humans, even stupid ones, are harder to manipulate than predictable bots. In other words: It's harder to defeat a team of 1 great player + 9 other crap players than to defeat a team of 1 great player + 9 bots.

not so much if the enemy pounces that one good player then in most cases he is toast. and the results revert to  the same old thing. 

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

clodhoppr #9 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 14021 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostTeamTerrible, on 11 January 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Wargaming match making is in a world of its own

Some gaming companies balance matches as equal as possible, others match to models.....WG's idea is to manifest mockeries (MM) 

Fuss all you want about it....its one of the most posted complaints so do your best to learn and adapt

I recall several threads from the past concerning this issue.

The developers of WoWps are rather hush hush regarding the mm, battle, and bot programming.

There has been information assembled from various sources; multiple messages, other threads, etc.

For a while I kept track of the them; however the following list is purely from memory...

1. They admit the mm is programmed to set up matches lopsided. Their rational is based on "true-to-life historical information" from WWII (other?) battles. Where they get this information is a mystery. 

They have made it clear that they do not plan on changing this structure of the MM. 

2. They admit that some bots have superior capabilities making them nearly impossible to either defeat or escape while other bots have capabilities well below even the beginner player. Both examples can occur in the same battle. Level of tier does not matter.

They have also alluded to the possibility that bots are more sensitive to other bots than humans. For example, I can target chase and shoot at an enemy player around the map, without so much as an enemy bot looking my direction. On the other hand, if I target chase and shoot at an enemy bot other enemy bots will respond within moments. 

3. They have alluded to the possibility that beginner players have the advantage especially during " special events."

4. They have alluded to the possibility that some players can be "tagged." This was brought up shortly after the announcement regarding the new rules of conduct in game and on the forums etc. They never clarified what "tagged" meant.

Any others...?

Jaguardian #10 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:52 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 19824 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Postlosttwo, on 11 January 2017 - 03:16 AM, said:

Nothing has changed.

I didn't mind it as much when an all human team got crushed back in the day.  The issue I have is when bots control matches.  Want to have a larger influence in the outcome of the battle, play at tier two where bots have little influence.  Playing high tiers, the bots have a much larger influence on the outcome.  I understand what WG did with the bots....I just dislike that bots control battles when it should be humans deciding the outcome.  Unfortunately the only way to fix this is to get the population up and I fear that will never happen with the current attitude WG shows towards this game.

MARS_REVENANT #11 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:03 PM

Major

• 32830 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostPloye, on 10 January 2017 - 08:29 PM, said:

Get a good bot team you win. Bad bot team you lose. Where's the balance?

I think you answered your own question... you are 1 and 1 in your example?  Or by balance, do you mean you want to be on the winning team all the time?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Ploye #12 Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:26 AM

Airman Basic

• 19478 battles
When you get 4 or 5 bad bot team in a row then it sucks. If you don't see that then yer a moron.

Also tagged with Sucks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users