A couple of questions on "Low-Mid" as well as upgrades.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

TheCorpsman #1 Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:17 AM

Senior Airman

• 445 battles

Greetings Everyone, I am new to the game and purchased a Ki-43-IC to get to know the game. In the description it states it excels at low to medium altitude dogfighting, and I must admit it has out turned anything I've come across so far. Though it is VERY squishy.

My question is what is considered "Low to Medium: altitude? 500 = Low and 750'ish = Medium?

And lastly I am upgrading as I can afford to do so, and have chosen my pilot (it came with a 100% pilot) in eagle eye skill, or whichever is the one that increases view range. As far as the plane I installed a special gas tank that help prevent fires (I apologize for not knowing the terms, again i am new) and also am thinking of upgrading when I can afford the module which increases maneuverability by 5% on all axis and lastly the increased engine power module.

Are these good choices? I ask in local chat but rarely get any responses to my questions when the battle starts, are there many people playing the Tier IV matches or am i likely playing against the computer A.I.?

Thank you all for viewing my questions, is the Ki-43-IC a decent plane to learn on? I really like the way it handles and though she is a bit soft, once I can get behind a plane, they rarely shake me off in the few battles i've been on . Thanks again and see you in the skies!!

scipionmk #2 Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:50 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 28785 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Low below 1000m=3000ft. Mid 1000m to 1500m some will say 2000m. Everything up is high alt up to 7000+m.

For the skills question, I train pilot according to the plane. First of all: visibility=eagle eye then fot TnB planes sharp shooter then expert acrobat.

Equipment .for TnB is always which give you extra maneuverability and for BnZ aircraft polish with engine guru + engine tuning as primary choices.

Edited by scipionmk, 08 January 2017 - 09:55 AM.

TheCorpsman #3 Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:35 AM

Senior Airman

• 445 battles

View Postscipionmk, on 08 January 2017 - 03:50 AM, said:

Low below 1000m=3000ft. Mid 1000m to 1500m some will say 2000m. Everything up is high alt up to 7000+m.

For the skills question, I train pilot according to the plane. First of all: visibility=eagle eye then fot TnB planes sharp shooter then expert acrobat.

Equipment .for TnB is always which give you extra maneuverability and for BnZ aircraft polish with engine guru + engine tuning as primary choices.

Thank you for the response, is the Ki-43-ci a decent plane for its tier as far as learning dogfighting skills?

Dave12w #4 Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:13 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21335 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

:izmena:I'd say it's decent, it will teach you to have quick responses

with it's low health, but as you say virtually nothing will outurn it.

Simple rule in it, don't go head on with anything, evade, get on their

tail and let loose :) 

i would highly recommend the xf4u if you happen to want a tier 5 premium,

it happens to be the best tier 5 plane and is a premium. The ilmod is 

also a fantastic premium if you want to learn ground attack planes.

You can get matches at all tiers any time, at peak times and tiers 2-6

most games will be about half human half bots, non peak times and 

higer tiers less than half.

Have Fun

Edited by Dave12w, 08 January 2017 - 03:22 PM.

Topsight #5 Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:34 PM

First Lieutenant

• 34414 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
Since you started with an aircraft that has superior maneuverability to learn the game, just remember you could spoil yourself and run into problems if you choose a much less maneuverable aircraft. But I understand your choice to learn the in's and out's of the game.

Omega_Weapon #6 Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:13 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10821 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Ki-43-Ic handles like a dream and is quite lovely to fly, but it has two main drawbacks that make it a bit harder to actually win battles in. First off the squishiness that you mentioned. Its not at all sturdy with pretty low HPs. You want to avoid taking damage as much as possible. If somebody lines you up you can take huge damage in just a few seconds (especially from canon armed opponents). Need to have eyes in the back of your head to survive. Second drawback is the very weak firepower. Just a pair of 12.7mm MGs at tier 4 means even when you have no problem staying on someone's tail those guns will take a really long time to kill anything. That gives the enemy team time to come help your intended victim. It also means your whole team might get shredded by the time your wimpy guns manage to score a kill or two.

pyantoryng #7 Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12468 battles

Engine tuning (engine power increase) and Self-sealing Fuel Tank (the tank that reduces fire) are both non-complex and can be demounted for use in any compatible plane should you need it. Non-complex equipments such as these are always a good choice as you can always demount them free of charge...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users