Ilyushin Il-16

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Scinfaxi #1 Posted 05 January 2017 - 03:26 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 698 battles
  • [ZOUTH] ZOUTH

Welcome to another addition of Warplane Wednesday, where I bring attention to rare, unique, or just left out aircraft not featured in the game currently, and give it the spotlight for all to talk about and enjoy.

This week is a Soviet Attack plane that tried to go on a diet, but couldn't cut it, its the Il-16!

The Ilyushin Il-16 (Cyrillic Илью́шин Ил-16) was a Soviet lightweight armored ground-attack aircraft developed at the end of World War II by the Ilyushin design bureau. It was virtually a scaled-down version of the Ilyushin Il-10, but was fitted with a newly developed Mikulin AM-43NV engine with the expectation that it would be faster and more maneuverable than its predecessor. However, the engine's defects proved to be impossible to rectify and further development was canceled in the summer of 1946.

Source:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ilyushin_Il-16

"Did you know there are three kind of aces? Those who seek strength. Those who live for pride. And those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three." - Larry "Pixy" Foulke (Ace Combat Zero)

DragonMaxx #2 Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6031 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
"A cassette of ten AG-2 aerial grenades was added to deter pursuing fighters."  I want this in my IL's!!!!

Do Not Meddle In the Affairs of Dragons...for You are Crunchy & Good with Ketchup!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users