• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #21 Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:14 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 21958 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostYagos2k16, on 29 December 2016 - 02:29 PM, said:

Wish they would just sell the game to a company willing to advertise it. That's all it needs advertisement.

I totally agree. Maybe try marketing to a different type of audience instead of just focusing on hard core gamers.

I never once saw an ad in AOPA (aircraft owners and pilots association) magazine ever and it reaches a lot of people.

Psicko23 #22 Posted 31 December 2016 - 01:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18880 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 29 December 2016 - 10:06 AM, said:

There is no problem with the game. As is, if we just had human players, it would be awesome. 

If this game is so prefect, why aren't you playing it much anymore? How come you didn't play much during 1.5 to 1.8? I'm just going off what you've posted when you said you play tanks and not planes. 

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 29 December 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Waaaaaahhhhhhhh....I want things the way they were. Nothing should change ever!

WG has been doing a good job keeping the game fresh. Catch up and learn to play the game as it is.

You are too new here, unless you've played under a different name or server. This name you posted under, Dink, has not seen how it used to be pre 1.5. 15 vs 15 all human battles with a decently short queue wait.  Much more interesting than what we have here. The game is in critical condition, the bots helped fill out the matches, but going against mostly bots is mostly boring with a rare battle that's exciting. 

Edited by Psicko23, 31 December 2016 - 01:25 PM.

mnbv_fockewulfe #23 Posted 01 January 2017 - 11:12 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4509 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostPsicko23, on 31 December 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

You are too new here, unless you've played under a different name or server. This name you posted under, Dink, has not seen how it used to be pre 1.5. 15 vs 15 all human battles with a decently short queue wait.

I knew it.

Edited by mnbv_fockewulfe, 01 January 2017 - 11:13 PM.

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

Jyarbro28 #24 Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:39 AM

Master Sergeant

• 12022 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN
Main issue is a lack of end game, there wasn't one in 1.4 or any other time. Without an end game mode, a reason to get gud, there is no reason to play other than hang out with co-players. I'm currently having technical issues with the game, support has been minimal, but it is was it is. They aren't going to pay someone to support a money loser. People won't come back to a game that isn't providing a challenge or a reason.

GeorgePatton #25 Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:15 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 December 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

I totally agree. Maybe try marketing to a different type of audience instead of just focusing on hard core gamers.

I never once saw an ad in AOPA (aircraft owners and pilots association) magazine ever and it reaches a lot of people.

Yep - I tried to get them to advertise in AOPA and also at airshows - I even offered to work events for them... They said they don't want the game to appeal to real pilots and so they weren't going to do that. They said they want to attract your 'average Call of Duty/FPS gamer' as the game is not a simulator and therefor would have no appeal to 'simulator/real-life pilots'. I told them they were making a mistake (this was PRE-Alpha...) but they didn't want to listen to me. Sure, it's not a simulator, but I think they totally missed the mark when I suggested advertising to real pilots - we want to have fun doing crazy stuff we'd never do in a Cessna and would likely never have a chance to do in any other plane due to cost restrictions on warbirds (and just planes that don't exist anymore...) so a sim-cade would actually be fun... Whatever, they lost.

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MARS_REVENANT #26 Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:22 AM

Major

• 33749 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 02 January 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

Yep - I tried to get them to advertise in AOPA and also at airshows - I even offered to work events for them... They said they don't want the game to appeal to real pilots and so they weren't going to do that. They said they want to attract your 'average Call of Duty/FPS gamer' as the game is not a simulator and therefor would have no appeal to 'simulator/real-life pilots'. I told them they were making a mistake (this was PRE-Alpha...) but they didn't want to listen to me. Sure, it's not a simulator, but I think they totally missed the mark when I suggested advertising to real pilots - we want to have fun doing crazy stuff we'd never do in a Cessna and would likely never have a chance to do in any other plane due to cost restrictions on warbirds (and just planes that don't exist anymore...) so a sim-cade would actually be fun... Whatever, they lost.

Cheers!
Glenn

Oh if only they had listened to you, the game would have been so much better off.... LOL.... so what stopped you from going out and doing it yourself, since you were so generously offering your services?

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GeorgePatton #27 Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:59 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 January 2017 - 09:22 PM, said:

Oh if only they had listened to you, the game would have been so much better off.... LOL.... so what stopped you from going out and doing it yourself, since you were so generously offering your services?

Not about to get myself into a legal battle for promoting something without permission.

Cheers!
Glenn

MARS_REVENANT #28 Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:35 AM

Major

• 33749 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 02 January 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

Not about to get myself into a legal battle for promoting something without permission.

Cheers!
Glenn

LOL... yeah, word of mouth advertising.... companies hate that more than anything.  BTW, I dont think you are anyone worth WG to be worried about legally.

DInk_Spinkley #29 Posted 03 January 2017 - 07:42 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10993 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostPsicko23, on 31 December 2016 - 08:23 AM, said:

If this game is so prefect, why aren't you playing it much anymore? How come you didn't play much during 1.5 to 1.8? I'm just going off what you've posted when you said you play tanks and not planes. 

You are too new here, unless you've played under a different name or server. This name you posted under, Dink, has not seen how it used to be pre 1.5. 15 vs 15 all human battles with a decently short queue wait.  Much more interesting than what we have here. The game is in critical condition, the bots helped fill out the matches, but going against mostly bots is mostly boring with a rare battle that's exciting. 

It's like that dude who had that girlfriend that broke up with him in high school. 

Forget it. She's never coming back.

Yes, I started in 1.6, so no 1.5 means nothing to me. 

My wife said if I can make money playing video games, she'd leave me alone, so....

20thCenturyLtd #30 Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:02 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18513 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
STEAM anyone ??

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

DInk_Spinkley #31 Posted 03 January 2017 - 05:49 PM

• 10993 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 03 January 2017 - 12:02 PM, said:

STEAM anyone ??

As much as I don't care for Steam personally, that's a good idea.
My wife said if I can make money playing video games, she'd leave me alone, so....

GeorgePatton #32 Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:51 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 02 January 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

LOL... yeah, word of mouth advertising.... companies hate that more than anything.  BTW, I dont think you are anyone worth WG to be worried about legally.

No, I was talking about something more than that which would have required WG to actually make a contract to have the game advertised.

Cheers!
Glenn

GouIdy #33 Posted 04 January 2017 - 01:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18482 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 03 January 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

No, I was talking about something more than that which would have required WG to actually make a contract to have the game advertised.

Cheers!
Glenn

So if that was pre-alpha how old were you then? Were you even an adult yet?

GeorgePatton #34 Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:11 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostGouIdy, on 03 January 2017 - 08:56 PM, said:

So if that was pre-alpha how old were you then? Were you even an adult yet?

18, bro...

Cheers!
Glenn

MARS_REVENANT #35 Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:21 AM

Major

• 33749 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostGeorgePatton, on 03 January 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

Cheers!
Glenn

So they were wrong for not giving you a contract to go advertise for them..... RIIIIIIGHT.... lol kids these days, think they can run the world if you just give em a chance.  If I recall, you had trouble running your own CW.

GouIdy #36 Posted 04 January 2017 - 03:41 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18482 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGeorgePatton, on 03 January 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

18, bro...

Cheers!
Glenn

Wouldn't you think that if a gaming company was going to advertise a new game they would hire someone with marketing/advertising experience in the gaming industry? Of course since this is Wargaming we're talking about I think you might have had a real shot if they were serious about advertising the game.

Psicko23 #37 Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:17 AM

First Lieutenant

• 18880 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 02 January 2017 - 11:42 PM, said:

It's like that dude who had that girlfriend that broke up with him in high school. 

Forget it. She's never coming back.

Yes, I started in 1.6, so no 1.5 means nothing to me. 

I'm just explaining to you that you have little experience in telling us that wargaming is keeping this game fresh. Also, the problem for most of us, is not keeping up with the gameplay. We have adapted to the bots. The bots are a crutch. Game play is boring most of the time, unless you get skilled human enemies. Yes, we are aware that pre 1.5 doesn't exist. We know that this game will probably never be as good as it was. We are not dilusional to think that wargaming is actually making it better. Sure, they have had plane give aways which is always good. It temporarily boosts population, but never permanent.

Jaguardian #38 Posted 04 January 2017 - 09:41 PM

• 20061 battles

If this game was a character on Star Trek, it would be wearing a red shirt.

GeorgePatton #39 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:50 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7716 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 03 January 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

So they were wrong for not giving you a contract to go advertise for them..... RIIIIIIGHT.... lol kids these days, think they can run the world if you just give em a chance.  If I recall, you had trouble running your own CW.

Well, I would have really enjoyed advertising for them - and my marketing strategy was good enough to get it looked at by some of the higher-ups. Sure, I was inexperienced, but they could have at least taken the idea and ran with it! haha

For the last time: I ran into technical issues with my internet due to road construction around my house and did not have a reliable way of going somewhere that had internet access. I handed the event off to the only person willing to take over and people got all butt-hurt about that. It was a bad situation and I did my best to remedy it. Get over it.

View PostGouIdy, on 03 January 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

Wouldn't you think that if a gaming company was going to advertise a new game they would hire someone with marketing/advertising experience in the gaming industry? Of course since this is Wargaming we're talking about I think you might have had a real shot if they were serious about advertising the game.

Yep, but it's also important that whoever you hire has a lot of experience with the people that actually play games and also plays games (especially the game being advertised) consistently. I agree - since it's WG if they were serious I would have had a shot!

Cheers!
Glenn

Noreaga #40 Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8732 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Regarding Persha:

You can only drop the ball so many times before you lose the game. Somebody dropped the ball (or left it at center field when they got moved or fired) and it was never picked up. Persha has lost the season (and the next and the one after that), It is time to fire the coach and get the players (staff) back on track. 

Advertising:

I don't see the point of advertising a game that is boring, with zero end game. New players aren't a problem its keeping them around with interesting things besides the grind (look at what ships has accomplished in a fraction of the time), it's been ignored since Day 1 for me in CBT. I mean seriously you hold a stomp to the top event, all the top players went up their lines as fast as possible and ... then what? they drop down to T3 and make people upset because they live low tier with nobody playing high. 1,5 was a disaster and my play time dropped from 40-50 games a day to 1 after 1.5 to 10 games in 130 days now, but i think i would be in this state even without 1.5.

will clan wars help? i think it is about 3 years too late.

how to fix? well it sure as hell isn't being constructive this place has been in breach of that rule since Hathore was moved.

Edited by Noreaga, 09 January 2017 - 03:00 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users