Why wont WG advertise this game?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

RedSpartacus #41 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16406 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

MARS don't get me wrong, thank you for sharing the links, funny stuff. But I had the feeling it would fit more advertising something else than a war game.

RUN WITH THE PACK

MARS_REVENANT #42 Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:43 PM

Major

• 30580 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
Sex still sells.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

GeorgePatton #43 Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:48 PM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 7000 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postraulv04, on 29 December 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

My own theory as to why this game didn't have the success as WoT and WoWS is simple, but first a little story. Once I saw an ad in the NFL Network about this game and promptly downloaded it and I loved it. I had never heard of WG before and, thus, wasn't aware of WoT. About a year later, a friend convinced me of playing WoT and I found a very striking difference. WoT is two-dimensional, as is WoWS, but WoWP is three-dimensional. Maybe what happened is that people at WG can't or struggle to think in three dimensions. This was confirmed when the CEO of WG was interviewed in a video when trying to explain why was this game a failure. He said something like, "You can turn your gun in tanks and ships while going in another direction, and you can also hide. In WoWP you have to turn all your vehicle to aim and there's nowhere to hide. This is very difficult to do." So, in my opinion, being a "more complicated" game than ships or tanks was a strike against WoWP, and if we add the infamous 1.5 update, there you have it. WG is not interested in promoting a game that "some people" can play because it's "too complicated" to learn. :sceptic: That's my theory.

Again, as per multiple suggestions during ALPHA stage of development, they could have made ways to hide. All they need to do is make sizable clouds in the game that upon entering and remaining inside for 2 seconds or so, the plane is completely 'unspotted'. This would add SOOO much variation to maps as the clouds could have random spawn points, etc.

View PostNoreaga, on 06 January 2017 - 05:51 PM, said:

i thought they spent it on videos of cats making planes out of food.

I heard they spent it on a couple of redheads to make useless videos of the guys around the office holding axes.

View PostMind_Eraser, on 08 January 2017 - 12:41 AM, said:

You totally missed my point

I saw more people quit in the beginning because of flights. It wasn't because of the game failures. Some people never got the grasp to understand early on, and getting mauled by a 3 man flight in tier 2 or 3 didn't help

The only people complaining about clan wars, were people in clans. Solo players never did care for clan wars.

Again (and this will never be answered) the game would've been much better than having anything to do with a clan war, clan tags, the possibility of clan maps etc. Why? Again, because the end results would be the same today. Zilch on anything to do with clans. But, but, there is no but but. There is nothing anything to do with clans period. So why even have the thought to put it in? For people to complain about why isn't this function working? It made zero sense to put it in the first place, Maybe with another company, but this one...yeah um.. nope

So how many games do you play daily? 9k replies is kinda insane for someone who thinks their input is still valuable. Why are you still here anyways? To get your monies worth and complaining about what should've been done? lulz

People quit in the beginning because the game is/was too slow without enough action. Roll rates are too slow (for a game...) and engines are not powerful enough to pull off fun stunts. Oh, we also can't do fun stunts.

Cheers!
Glenn

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users