Why wont WG advertise this game?

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Chuck_norris10 #1 Posted 28 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

I realize they dropped the ball on release thinking the tank population would come over but things did not go as planned.

I watch a lot of Combat vids on youtube,mostly from ww2 gun cameras on planes and I constantly see ads for wows and that other game.

So I hit the city today as my 3d pro has lost trigger function unless in a hard turn and not many places sell them but London drugs came through so I got another 3d pro and a thrustmaster hotas4 which also came with a starter pack for the game that cant be mentioned,it gives me a xp-38g premium,xp-38g lightning plane(rank 2 usa),a premium account for 7 days and 500 golden eagles.

This game should have been advertised a lot more on release and I dont think they even care anymore.

I still love it,just wish they would try harder to promote it.

_Warchylde_ #2 Posted 29 December 2016 - 12:09 AM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 8461 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

They don't.....

There are very few problems in this world which can not be solved

by a suitable and timely application of concentrated firepower.

"Fly High, Fly Fast, Fly Smart, and Shoot First!!"

losttwo #3 Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:14 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G
If history is correct. The only time Shinola was advertised was during the 1979 Steve Martin movie " The Jerk "

Dave12w #4 Posted 29 December 2016 - 11:30 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 19649 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

The only hope is if the numbers keep increasing  by player

retention themselves which has started to happen they

may feel the time is ready to advertise.

This would show WG the cost of advertising will bring long

Term benifits.

Edited by Dave12w, 29 December 2016 - 11:34 AM.

Omega_Weapon #5 Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:58 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 9577 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
They obviously don't think the game is good enough to advertise. Nothing else makes sense. I feel its a good game but maybe we are the niche players you hear mentioned from time to time. My bet is that they are keeping the game alive and slowly tweaking things until they stumble upon a "winning formula" that makes the game really good. Only at that point would they bother advertising again. Basically we are in the second open beta for World of Warplanes, because the first release attempt went sour.

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:19 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Public Test
  • 22216 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

I don't want to sound like Gloomy McGloomface but the game is dead and why would a company choose to advertise a dead product?

We are holdouts playing a dead game and personally, I choose to enjoy it while it still lasts.  WG apparently will not shut it down for now in order to keep the impression of a "trilogy" of games. 

Have fun with the game.  The core group of players are pretty fun to play with and against, and many are likely to stick around until they turn off the servers.

Advertise?  With an event going on in NA and only 500 or so players on during a holiday break, why would they advertise?  The game is dead and if you choose to play it, just accept that you are playing a dead game. 

raulv04 #7 Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18109 battles
My own theory as to why this game didn't have the success as WoT and WoWS is simple, but first a little story. Once I saw an ad in the NFL Network about this game and promptly downloaded it and I loved it. I had never heard of WG before and, thus, wasn't aware of WoT. About a year later, a friend convinced me of playing WoT and I found a very striking difference. WoT is two-dimensional, as is WoWS, but WoWP is three-dimensional. Maybe what happened is that people at WG can't or struggle to think in three dimensions. This was confirmed when the CEO of WG was interviewed in a video when trying to explain why was this game a failure. He said something like, "You can turn your gun in tanks and ships while going in another direction, and you can also hide. In WoWP you have to turn all your vehicle to aim and there's nowhere to hide. This is very difficult to do." So, in my opinion, being a "more complicated" game than ships or tanks was a strike against WoWP, and if we add the infamous 1.5 update, there you have it. WG is not interested in promoting a game that "some people" can play because it's "too complicated" to learn. :sceptic: That's my theory.

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

They barely advertised the game even before release and the only reason I found it was because I downloaded tanks with the intention of playing tanks,not planes.

raulv04 #9 Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18109 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 29 December 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

They barely advertised the game even before release and the only reason I found it was because I downloaded tanks with the intention of playing tanks,not planes.

I did see an ad on the NFL Network, but it was the only time I saw it. It was December 2013, and I didn't see any more ads anywhere. You might be right, and if that's the case, people at WG found it "extremely difficult" to learn on account of the three-dimensional thinking. At least, that's how I see it.

Chuck_norris10 #10 Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View Postraulv04, on 29 December 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

I did see an ad on the NFL Network, but it was the only time I saw it. It was December 2013, and I didn't see any more ads anywhere. You might be right, and if that's the case, people at WG found it "extremely difficult" to learn on account of the three-dimensional thinking. At least, that's how I see it.

I still play but most humans are in tier 5 or so lately.

Mind_Eraser #11 Posted 30 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 28152 battles
  • [8_AF] 8_AF

In the end, solo pilots prevailed

In the beginning I always said the game should've been more geared towards solo players. There never was going to be a clan fest, fight, tournament, etc. ( a real one anyways. hosted by WG themselves)

Several people abused the 3 flight system and ran off a lot of solo players due to this

I say this because if what we know now, had we had known then, it would've saved more players

Just look who's all still here that are in the top 100 and who are still in a flight every day

Not much. not much at all

The idea of putting a clan into this game was a total joke. 

Not that I wouldn't want to have a clan war, but it left those willing to hang on for so long empty and bashing the company for dangling a carrot in front of them for so long

If WG left everything alone and had no such thing as flights, clan tags, etc. a lot more people would still be playing today

The population was always in favor of solo pilots. It was never in favor of clan players

So in the end, this is what you get

I mean who wouldn't want to see a bunch of hall of fame'rs mixed up on both teams battling it out for a championship win?

Forget about a certain clan. What would it be, 3 top clans winning every clan tourney? Spells one thing..BORING

Should've been, put your name into a drawing, then you get who you get and that's your team. Much like it is on every random game match

I know someone is thinking right now, but what if they had clan wars, what you're saying is wrong and the game would've been much better

No, I am saying that since you know there never was going to be a clan war, then why put it in the first place

The whole clan thing was a good idea based on their other games, but it just didn't work out for this one

But oh well. What's done is done. The Russians didn't have a good game plan for the U.S market.

Edited by Mind_Eraser, 30 December 2016 - 02:01 AM.

dityboycom #12 Posted 30 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Colonel

• 10135 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostMind_Eraser, on 29 December 2016 - 09:59 PM, said:

In the beginning I always said the game should've been more geared towards solo players. There never was going to be a clan fest, fight, tournament, etc. ( a real one anyways. hosted by WG themselves)

Several people abused the 3 flight system and ran off a lot of solo players due to this

I say this because if what we know now, had we had known then, it would've saved more players

Just look who's all still here that are in the top 100 and who are still in a flight every day

Not that I wouldn't want to have a clan war, but it left those willing to hang on for so long empty and bashing the company for dangling a carrot in front of them for so long

If WG left everything alone and had no such thing as flights, clan tags, etc. a lot more people would still be playing today

The population was always in favor of solo pilots. It was never in favor of clan players

I mean who wouldn't want to see a bunch of hall of fame'rs mixed up on both teams battling it out for a championship win?

Forget about a certain clan. What would it be, 3 top clans winning every clan tourney? Spells one thing..BORING

Should've been, put your name into a drawing, then you get who you get and that's your team. Much like it is on every random game match

I know someone is thinking right now, but what if they had clan wars, what you're saying is wrong and the game would've been much better

No, I am saying that since you know there never was going to be a clan war, then why put it in the first place

The whole clan thing was a good idea based on their other games, but it just didn't work out for this one

But oh well. What's done is done. The Russians didn't have a good game plan for the U.S market.

Uh, just No.

How this conversation gets recycled every year is mind boggling. Solo / flights had no play on the outcome of this game. It's failure is attributed too lack of transparency by the company making it, while simultaneously not giving the community anything it wants; but, rather making a habit of giving its community the exact opposite of what it has asked for. Flights only pose an issue because of the lack of population; but, flights themselves are what flying in fantasy and real life is all about. There is a reason pilots have been punished since the late 40's if they're caught out alone in fighter jet in contested territory, and why no fighter has been alone since.

Wargaming puts its faith in a bad company, that has had the same bad staff members making decisions on this game since day 1. When your top developers continuously quit on you because of your inability to adapt, and your constant request for the same dumb changes nobody has asked for, it's an obvious sign leadership needs to change. That has not happened, and until it does this game will go no where. Unfortunately for this game, every game has a target window where it needs to achieve success to hold a respectable number of players indefinitely, They met this mark with Tanks, and they appear they will meet the mark with ships; but, that window shut over 2 years ago on planes. Not only has things progressively got worse; but, their transparent lack of respect, and obvious discord with the community is a clear indicator this game is not on anyones radar; but, remains in the black, so no one asks questions.

WOW

_Laserguided_ #13 Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4263 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Still pushing this [edited]? Too funny...lol

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.

Rockstone_ #14 Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Alpha tester
  • 20069 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

IDK - The other night I saw a great commercial on main stream TV about world of warships while watching the Vikings (the show with Lord Ragnar), this popular TV series would be prime time for a advertising. So its not beyond there mentality to advertise it seems. 

Edited by Rockstone_, 30 December 2016 - 05:54 PM.

Topsight #15 Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:26 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Public Test
  • 34081 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostMind_Eraser, on 29 December 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

You are absolutely 1000% dead on target with your assessment. But don't fret there is a new clan spinning up (S.I.C.K.) for seal clubbing duties, with as many 2 man flights that might be mustered enough in a single battle to finish off what so many of us who stayed and worked to save.

_Laserguided_ #16 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:06 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4263 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostTopsight, on 30 December 2016 - 10:26 AM, said:

You are absolutely 1000% dead on target with your assessment. But don't fret there is a new clan spinning up (S.I.C.K.) for seal clubbing duties, with as many 2 man flights that might be mustered enough in a single battle to finish off what so many of us who stayed and worked to save.

When did you start working for Wargaming?

Because it feels to me like you guys would rather play with [edit] Laserguided and that [edit] me off. A [edit]  lot.

MARS_REVENANT #17 Posted 30 December 2016 - 07:21 PM

Major

• Closed Public Test
  • 30482 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
If you think advertising is the answer all you need to do is look at the numerous videos and framable artwork that is posted on here.... those have brought so many new players into the game.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

Chuck_norris10 #18 Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:06 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19906 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 30 December 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

If you think advertising is the answer all you need to do is look at the numerous videos and framable artwork that is posted on here.... those have brought so many new players into the game.

That's not advertising to potential players.

Maybe they should have targeted a more mature audience and one that actually has an interest in flying.

_Laserguided_ #19 Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:12 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4263 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 December 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

Maybe they should have targeted a more mature audience and one that actually has an interest in flying.

Because it's so much like a sim?

dityboycom #20 Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Colonel

• 10135 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostChuck_norris10, on 30 December 2016 - 05:06 PM, said:

So they can come experience the content-less lag infested rubber banding while also enjoying the rude and arrogant announcements this company makes only to figure out on their own they wasted their time?

If the last 100,000 people to walk through the door of WG's World of Warplanes doors didn't stay, I assure you the next 100,000 people won't either.

TRU DOE LETS ADVERTISE UP IN DIS [edited]!

WOW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users