SICK Clan – Policy for Promotion, For In game Rank and Team speak Icon Rank –
In my real life - I have served most of it in either the Military or Law Enforcement – One thing I love about the Military and any Para-Military Organization – Your earn your rank based on your hard work, Or would I like to call it, ‘Wearing your work on your Shirt" - Basically that means, you have additional rank sewn of your uniform, and in addition, your awarded ribbons/medals - This concept shows others that you have earned your rank!
Like a lot of civilian organizations I loathe Clans, guilds, that promote or demote people based on Personnel favoritism; now, players are going to read this and say,
- I don’t care about rank
- I don’t need rank; I rather fly with a Friend with a 49% win rate, because he is fun to talk too, etc, I say screw that! I say a 49% win rate will cause me more loses than wins, no matter how angelic he or she is!
First thing, if I want a Cyber Friend to B*S with me online, to whom a person I never have met in real life; I’d rather click my Face book Icon - or become a Pin pal with some Indonesia Kid that eats an apple a day.
The point is, most people want to be recognized for their hard work, they earn it on a professional level not a personnel level.
With that be said; There is only so much that a Commander can do within this gaming environment; Unlike real life where your given a pay raise; a party at work; where you can mess around with the office ho in the copier room; is to utilize in game rank and Team speak comparatively.
Moving on - In SICK - I give promotions based on a player overall win rate – The in game promotion allows 11 ranks, I will only use (9) nine of those ranks, I have excluded ‘Reservist, and Overall commander/ Clan Leader.
I have separated Overall win percentages into segments to merry up with in game rank/promotions –
- EXECUTIVE OFFICER - is reserved and is awarded per my discretion and right as Clan Leader - Win percentage has no bearing on a SICK Member who is promoted and escalated to this rank; the member who is promoted to Executive Officer is held in great trust.
- i.e. 60% - 62% = Recruit, and so on, the Highest in game rank a member can achieve is 80% +win rate is (Personnel Officer)
Now, for Team speak – I choose to use U.S. Army Rank, Private to General –
- I.e. 63% -64% - Private and so on, the Highest Team speak Rank a Clan member can achieve is (Lieutenant General - 3 Star insignia = 80% win rate or better).
Some say 80%!! That’s is ridiculous - Please remember my Clan Requirements –
- A minimum of 1000 Games Played - Again – (i.e. Tier 1) 1000 Games Played 60% Win rate Overall, or better you’re in!
- No Specific Tier Requirement - See above
- High Tiers are not required – I am not worried about it! No Clan Wars etc.
- If you have an unofficial ALT account - if one Account meets the standard - Good to go!
- ADULT(s) 18 and OVER - R-RATED CLAN!
It’s plausible for a SICK Member to achieve 80%, do it in “Tier 2” if you have too; I’m good with that.
In conclusion – Say what you will, I know prideful players that have been ticked off because they play hard, are good wingman, but aren’t the favorite in their clans, Just because you don’t belong to the "Sunshine Boys Club" of your clan!
I can hate your guts on a personnel level (vice-versa), BUT if you achieve and earn your rank, through perseverance and hard work, that is what matters to me! You’re professional Achievements!
Thanks all for your time.
Edited by SOJO, 20 March 2017 - 05:12 AM.