• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #61 Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:37 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostGeorgePatton, on 14 December 2016 - 11:34 PM, said:

Well, I could also cite modern sources but I get it - that's beside the point in a game. Still ticks me off when people don't show respect even though it is just a game. Especially when somebody clearly took the time to set up something beautiful and they just come in and steal the kill. I get it, they're probably totally unaware of the dance it took to get to that point and they're focused on getting that kill and the associated XP (which is ANOTHER reason I hate killstealers....) because oh, yeah, I did leave it in a VERY vulnerable position... I mean, hanging a guy out to dry and then it takes 5 seconds to turn around, chances are some rando is going to come pick him off. Really unsatisfying lol

That's why I like playing with the old-guard DRACS and a bunch of the European guys - they have respect for the beauty of air combat and what it takes to get things to a sure advantage. There's other people out there, but I would have to get specific and well, that's kinda frowned upon around here lol - y'all know who you are! :)

Cheers!
Glenn

We all bow to you.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

GeorgePatton #62 Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:52 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 14 December 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

We all bow to you.

A little bit unnecessary but I'll take it as a compliment. :P

Cheers!
Glenn

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MARS_REVENANT #63 Posted 15 December 2016 - 04:56 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostGeorgePatton, on 14 December 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

A little bit unnecessary but I'll take it as a compliment. :P

Cheers!
Glenn

Bowing... bending over to throw up... same thing really.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

GeorgePatton #64 Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:02 AM

газета

• -Community Ace-
  • 1608 battles
  • [SCHLD] SCHLD

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 14 December 2016 - 11:56 PM, said:

Bowing... bending over to throw up... same thing really.

lulz

Click the Pictures to Visit My YouTube Channel.

MelBrooks #65 Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:14 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
I will swoop in and make sure Beppo the veteran bot is dead every time. We can't take the chance he lives with his 75% accuracy and 90% chance of landing a crit with a single round slip by............

BobozeeBear #66 Posted 15 December 2016 - 05:47 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 264 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Ignoring your veiled jibe, I think you need to put away those rose coloured glasses GP, Dracs has always been about the win, nothing more...good competition is what drives this clan.

I don't connect with the respect comment though, many Dracs give a salute to the other team before the start of the match, and GG at the end, but at go time you are my enemy, the quicker you die the better for my team, it may be cold and calculated, but if it gets the win, that is the action to take. I may be friendly in chat or the forums but in game, there is not place for mercy. 

You speak of romance of lining up a perfect kill, i say quit wasting time and get to work because your team needs you. If i see an opportunity to finish a target to free up a teammate so he can be more effective for success, it is a no brainer. Plus I've always been taught not to play with my food

Targets of opportunity do not have names attached to them, they are not Bobo's or GP's or anyone elses, they are just targets, please start treating them as such.

I would suggest you start changing your mindset, your team will appreciate it more.

Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln (1809-1865)

Derpinoid #67 Posted 15 December 2016 - 06:31 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 286 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
It is a game, I fly for fun, the "time wasting" is the meat of the game for many, winning is very nice, but at least for me it's not exactly the point. I think how you win is as important as winning itself, but I'm weird.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

EspressoForHammy #68 Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:50 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBobozeeBear, on 15 December 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

Ignoring your veiled jibe, I think you need to put away those rose coloured glasses GP, Dracs has always been about the win, nothing more...good competition is what drives this clan.

I don't connect with the respect comment though, many Dracs give a salute to the other team before the start of the match, and GG at the end, but at go time you are my enemy, the quicker you die the better for my team, it may be cold and calculated, but if it gets the win, that is the action to take. I may be friendly in chat or the forums but in game, there is not place for mercy. 

You speak of romance of lining up a perfect kill, i say quit wasting time and get to work because your team needs you. If i see an opportunity to finish a target to free up a teammate so he can be more effective for success, it is a no brainer. Plus I've always been taught not to play with my food

Targets of opportunity do not have names attached to them, they are not Bobo's or GP's or anyone elses, they are just targets, please start treating them as such.

I would suggest you start changing your mindset, your team will appreciate it more.

I don't think you ignored his jibe at all.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Zen35 #69 Posted 18 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

Aerial Ninjitsu

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

KILL STEALING ???????

Sorry... Just don't see it....

When the game was fun to play..... 

Sure... If I saw a team mate working on a kill and he had the advantage.. Then sure.. I'd back off...

And tell them to hurry up...

But if that team mate can't hit the freaking target... <Expletive> RIGHT !!!  I'm going for the kill...

Like BOBO said.... the quicker you die the better off for the team I'm on....

God I miss this game..... 

If you see the Tracers...............It's too late

BlackDawgie #70 Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:06 AM

Senior Airman

• 406 battles
whoever does the most time unless they are (x)time off target gets the credit. It is that easy to fix... I am sick of doing 98% of the damage to have it stolen by a bot... this game could be great, but at the rate its going it will never get past this NOOB stage because this bot issue should not exist...

Psicko23 #71 Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:33 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostBlackDawgie, on 21 December 2016 - 03:06 AM, said:

whoever does the most time unless they are (x)time off target gets the credit. It is that easy to fix... I am sick of doing 98% of the damage to have it stolen by a bot... this game could be great, but at the rate its going it will never get past this NOOB stage because this bot issue should not exist...

once you learn that there is no stealing kills, it will be better. You either kill it,or you don't. Don't play with your food. This game was much better a few years ago though. Bots are a new thing, it was not always like this. 

Edited by Psicko23, 21 December 2016 - 01:40 PM.

Z3M #72 Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2233 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
Meh........kills.  Damage and more damage.  At least the HP of the plane you are flying. 

Psicko23 #73 Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:57 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostZ3M, on 21 December 2016 - 07:38 AM, said:

Meh........kills.  Damage and more damage.  At least the HP of the plane you are flying. 

Yes, damage is good as long as the enemy planes get destroyed. 

Edited by Psicko23, 21 December 2016 - 06:03 PM.

Derpinoid #74 Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:59 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 286 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostBlackDawgie, on 21 December 2016 - 11:06 AM, said:

There are a ton of vets that will insult you if they think you are not flying the plane well, or if they died and they think they shouldn't lose to the likes of you. They don't bother to mention how to improve, or what they thought was wrong. The kill stealing thing will fade in your mind as soon as you look at how many bots and humans wreck your team with 10hp left on their plane. I have been nearly killed many times, only to flip the tables and burn down planes.

Edited by Derpinoid, 21 December 2016 - 10:01 PM.

Experience only counts when you're doing it right in the first place.

"When everything goes right, you don't learn anything" NASA rocket tester.

Yagos2k16 #75 Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:53 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostBobozeeBear, on 15 December 2016 - 12:47 AM, said:

Damn Bobo if I were as eloquent as you this is probably what I would have written.:teethhappy:

dityboycom #76 Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:39 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

Why K/S When you can trade kills!?

MelBrooks #77 Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:37 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles

View Postdityboycom, on 27 December 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

Why K/S When you can trade kills!?

In most states this is a misdeamnor, but in a few I believe it is a felony..........

MARS_REVENANT #78 Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:27 AM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Lol.. that's Miss. Demeanor in this case.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 30 December 2016 - 04:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users