Looking to Start a Recipe Thread

for gamers delirium tremens foie gras fun food

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #1 Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

I'm asking you to give me your best recipes for SIMPLE party food, the nobody's sitting kind of stuff.

I do an iron pan with 2oz custom ground ribeye patties and all the fixins for a burger, ie: lettuce, tomato, onion, condiments etc... cook a bunch on the grill to rareish red and quick reheat as needed on a glowing pan... hehe... smoke and fun happen... oh ya, and some smoke too.

It's a good little burger and you'll have 3-4 through the evening... keeps everyone at the party going all night long...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Snoticus #2 Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SF] SF
Due the fact 1.never been invited to a party, and 2. no on ever shows up to mine, I have no recipes to give for this such occasion,however, I do have recipes for dinners, and other functions like that.
tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Lethalhavoc #3 Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:11 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
Doritos + bowl + beer.

General_Lee_Miserable #4 Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 317 battles

pulled buffalo chicken

2 lbs chicken breasts

2 bottles Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (12oz)

1/2 packet dry ranch dressing mix.

Butter

Put one bottle of Franks in a crock pot with the chicken and the ranch. Cook on high until you can pull the chicken apart. Pull chicken apart with 2 forks in the crock. Chicken will really soak up the liquid so you are going to add as much of the other bottle of Franks as needed. After that, mix in some butter to taste. Cook a little longer. Done. Enjoy.

Works on regular burger buns, slider buns, or just by itself. Have plenty of blue cheese and ranch on hand. This stuff is hot! My preferred vehicle for it are Kings Hawaiian buns. 

clodhoppr #5 Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1077 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostLethalhavoc, on 11 December 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

Doritos + bowl + beer.

How do you prepare them?

:rolleyes:

obamaphone #6 Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:49 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

Baked Stuffed Chicken Breast

3   fresh chicken breasts (de-boned, skinned) (Not previously frozen either or you will have a soupy mess at the end.)

1/4 pound (sliced) deli Ham

1 box of Stove top stuffing

1/2 cup of celery

1/2 cup of onion

1/2 cup of mushrooms

1 pint of sour cream

garlic powder/salt/pepper on chicken breast  for seasoning 

cut up celery/mushroom/onions and cook in water/butter liquid per stuffing directions until tender. (use slightly less water because veggies will excrete some.)

Add stuffing mix and finish stuffing per directions on box. Pound out to 1/2" thickness the three chicken breasts. Season both sides of breasts and place in glass baking dish. (metal cooks chicken to quickly)

Place 1 slice of ham on top of each breast. Cover breasts with 1/2" thick layer of sour cream and then add a 3/4" thick layer of stuffing on top of that. Bake @ 350 degrees for 1/2 hr or until chicken is fully cooked.

Can also be made with pork chops omitting the ham slices.

Lethalhavoc #7 Posted 11 December 2016 - 03:08 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle

View Postclodhoppr1, on 11 December 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

How do you prepare them?

:rolleyes:

Gently air-fluff the bag before opening and pour into a bowl with a steady hand. Let sit for at least 5 minutes before serving to let the aroma fill the room.

The beer is best placed in ice to the base of it's neck at a 15 degree angle, labels forward of course.

Also it's best to open a number of bottles to let them "breathe" shortly before the arrival of your guests.

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:05 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 3949 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA
Rather than bake something just offer a fine selection of chocolate bars.  I was delighted to find out that baby Ruth loves slipping a Mars into his mouth.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

GouIdy #9 Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:12 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles
0MIPSTc.jpgHATXDKX.jpg AGsZQPD.png Jq4SeZy.jpg

Jaguardian #10 Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle

This thread is actually cracking me up.

All ready made frozen meatballs from the grocery store and a sauce of your choosing.  I prefer teriyaki or barbecue works as well.  Put both items in a slow cooker and mix.  Eat when hot.

Edit:  Those meatballs in the previous post work just fine.

Edited by Jaguardian, 11 December 2016 - 04:14 PM.

GouIdy #11 Posted 11 December 2016 - 04:27 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostJaguardian, on 11 December 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

This thread is actually cracking me up.

All ready made frozen meatballs from the grocery store and a sauce of your choosing.  I prefer teriyaki or barbecue works as well.  Put both items in a slow cooker and mix.  Eat when hot.

Edit:  Those meatballs in the previous post work just fine.

If you had them with Diana sauce you would never go back but unfortunately it is only available in Canada (unless you get it online)

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #12 Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:21 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostGouIdy, on 11 December 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

If you had them with Diana sauce you would never go back but unfortunately it is only available in Canada (unless you get it online)

This foreign product seems interesting to me. Could I put this Diana Sauce Gourmet Original BBQ Sauce on my grilled burgers with acceptable results? Also, is this good on boxed Kraft Dinners or even Cheese Curds instead of gravy?

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #13 Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:24 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 December 2016 - 11:05 AM, said:

Rather than bake something just offer a fine selection of chocolate bars.  I was delighted to find out that baby Ruth loves slipping a Mars into his mouth.

Is this true and if so, a baby might find something very small to be a choking hazard.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #14 Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:28 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 11 December 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

pulled buffalo chicken

2 lbs chicken breasts

2 bottles Franks Red Hot Buffalo Sauce (12oz)

1/2 packet dry ranch dressing mix.

Butter

Put one bottle of Franks in a crock pot with the chicken and the ranch. Cook on high until you can pull the chicken apart. Pull chicken apart with 2 forks in the crock. Chicken will really soak up the liquid so you are going to add as much of the other bottle of Franks as needed. After that, mix in some butter to taste. Cook a little longer. Done. Enjoy.

Works on regular burger buns, slider buns, or just by itself. Have plenty of blue cheese and ranch on hand. This stuff is hot! My preferred vehicle for it are Kings Hawaiian buns. 

Very good and popular but the Franks can be a Pain In the Rear with staining of shirts and the and the secondary inferno the next day.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #15 Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View Postobamaphone, on 11 December 2016 - 08:49 AM, said:

Baked Stuffed Chicken Breast

3   fresh chicken breasts (de-boned, skinned) (Not previously frozen either or you will have a soupy mess at the end.)

1/4 pound (sliced) deli Ham

1 box of Stove top stuffing

1/2 cup of celery

1/2 cup of onion

1/2 cup of mushrooms

1 pint of sour cream

garlic powder/salt/pepper on chicken breast  for seasoning 

cut up celery/mushroom/onions and cook in water/butter liquid per stuffing directions until tender. (use slightly less water because veggies will excrete some.)

Add stuffing mix and finish stuffing per directions on box. Pound out to 1/2" thickness the three chicken breasts. Season both sides of breasts and place in glass baking dish. (metal cooks chicken to quickly)

Place 1 slice of ham on top of each breast. Cover breasts with 1/2" thick layer of sour cream and then add a 3/4" thick layer of stuffing on top of that. Bake @ 350 degrees for 1/2 hr or until chicken is fully cooked.

Can also be made with pork chops omitting the ham slices.

I'll hand a copy of this to the little woman, sounds like work yet tasty!

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #16 Posted 11 December 2016 - 05:32 PM

Captain

• 676 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostLethalhavoc, on 11 December 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

Doritos + bowl + beer.

GouIdy #17 Posted 11 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostAce_BOTlistic_Cosmo, on 11 December 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

This foreign product seems interesting to me. Could I put this Diana Sauce Gourmet Original BBQ Sauce on my grilled burgers with acceptable results? Also, is this good on boxed Kraft Dinners or even Cheese Curds instead of gravy?

Yes you can, I use it instead of ketchup. It is also good on cold or hot sandwiches, my favorite is the leftover turkey sandwiches.

beaver_cleaver #18 Posted 12 December 2016 - 01:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 3 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
Maybe we could also get some good road kill recipes? I'm sure or Southern pilots have some possum recipes, and our Canadian pilots would have a large variety of critters to choose from - from Moose to squirrel............Pehaps a Rocky & Bullwinkle Stew?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users