SOJO - Looking to Start a Clan of Ruthless Killers! No Pity!

• Please log in to reply
218 replies to this topic

KloudRains #41 Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:33 PM

Master Sergeant

• 29686 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

The odor of trolls wafts through the forum ....

It is laudable and fitting to want to organize a clan which can enhance the game for its members and the WoWP community as a whole. Good luck with best wishes for such an effort.

This is an amazing game of sophisticated enjoyment for all of us. Not to enable a few thugs to abuse and vent puny scorn upon less successful contributors. We need a decent environment for all. Else, the game will fail from lack of participation. If people are generally mistreated they surely will go away. We need each other to make the game function.

There are just too many defects above for each to be addressed. The worst is an attitude toward the foe which, in real war of modern times, gave us Sand Creek, My Lai, Kaytn Forest and far too many other examples of raw atrocity - behavior more and more understood to be criminal.

War is, contrary to the misguided, not in the basic nature of mankind. The global archaeological record shows it has been an activity only of the last 5-7K years. Humans have persisted far longer on this planet because of cooperation and generosity - not by a general spirit to wreak harm. It is good guy behavior which accounts for our existence.

The preeminent warrior leaders of military history are more like Robert E. Lee than Genghis Khan. Alexander the Great was respected and made successful by his raising up of his defeated foe. His generous grace brought them and their families into his camp as allies, giving vital strength to his campaigns. 

Military aviation has a history of gracious demeanor. We salute our fallen foe rather than to spit on his grave. 

Here are words from General Mattis: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." These simple words embody a hugely complex ethos which is missing above.

Another way to grasp it can come from study of the ribbons on the dress uniform of a modern combat veteran. Those on the lower rows reveal attention to numbers and places. Higher up the chest one finds ribbons for acts of courage and bravery. Up most medals are bestowed with citations using words such as "gallantry" and "intrepidity."

There are no medals for the playground bully. 

MelBrooks #42 Posted 07 December 2016 - 07:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29586 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
It is a strange dichotomy Kloud. I remember my father who had over 25 years of active and reserve service to this country. He was a highly decorated combat officer serving two tours in Vietnam. I think downstairs in the display cabinet I have a couple Bronze Stars, a Silver Star, and a Distinguished Service Cross. There are many more but not sure what kind. The point, as physically and mentally imposing as this man could be, was also one of the most relaxed and kind men you would ever meet. I think my mom said it best one time to us boys. He does not need to prove himself to anyone, he's already done that and been through hell doing it.

20thCenturyLtd #43 Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:59 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18196 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Kloud, I think you're reading a little too much into this. SOJO just wants to "seal club" and find a like minded group of people to do it with. I think it's silly, that is, if he's not really just trolling here. However, he is within his rights to do this. I think reading some larger geo-political meaning into it, is a little bit overboard.

A better reaction here would be a call to ban flights in tiers 1-2 and possibly 3. Something I have advocated many times.

Personnel Officer, Knights of Dracarys

Please PM me if interested in applying or for more information.

Noreaga #44 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:07 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 07 December 2016 - 03:59 PM, said:

Kloud, I think you're reading a little too much into this. SOJO just wants to "seal club" and find a like minded group of people to do it with. I think it's silly, that is, if he's not really just trolling here. However, he is within his rights to do this. I think reading some larger geo-political meaning into it, is a little bit overboard.

A better reaction here would be a call to ban flights in tiers 1-2 and possibly 3. Something I have advocated many times.

i would sign that too, it won't stop clubbing but it would make it just a little harder to live T3 and below. Any reasonably skilled pilot should be able to hold 70-80% WR solo in those tiers, no need to make that any easier.

good luck Sojo, hope you guys come together.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Lucky_Loki #45 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:11 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 07 December 2016 - 08:59 PM, said:

Nice thought. Well, I havent seen any 1-3 flight for a while , when I do dailies... If there is, I would assume something like double fw-57?

MARS_REVENANT #46 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:13 PM

Major

• 32052 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostNoreaga, on 07 December 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

i would sign that too, it won't stop clubbing but it would make it just a little harder to live T3 and below. Any reasonably skilled pilot should be able to hold 70-80% WR solo in those tiers, no need to make that any easier.

good luck Sojo, hope you guys come together.

That would mean hat new players couldn't flight, or a vet couldn't flight with a new player to show them the ropes.

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

20thCenturyLtd #47 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18196 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostLucky_Loki, on 07 December 2016 - 03:11 PM, said:

Nice thought. Well, I havent seen any 1-3 flight for a while , when I do dailies... If there is, I would assume something like double fw-57?

I've seen double 57's, I-15's, F3F's, you know, all the op kinda stuff.

20thCenturyLtd #48 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 18196 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 07 December 2016 - 03:13 PM, said:

That would mean hat new players couldn't flight, or a vet couldn't flight with a new player to show them the ropes.

That is a draw back, but I think a small one compared to the benefit gained. Besides a player can get to tier IV pretty quickly and then flight up to learn or whatever.

Noreaga #49 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
That !

Nimis obnoxii curare

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #50 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:45 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostFreeFOXMIKE, on 07 December 2016 - 09:37 AM, said:

"
  • "If you have an unofficial ALT account  - if one Account meets the standard - Good to go!"

may want to drop that line

but any way have fun with it 

I don't need to prove if someone has an Alt Account, I could care less - Again, that's Wargaming's Job - Plus -  Who would ever have an Alt Account! By Golly - The Horror of it all.

SOJO.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #51 Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostCrazyHeinz, on 07 December 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

I read your post and meant what I said. We have lost a couple of members, SOJO being one and a current member of WHAWK being the other. Since July we have added 7 players, all active, and lost none.

You may not have seen players from my, or another clan, but that doesn't mean we're not playing.  The plural of anecdote is not data.

I agree with Crazy; with the ill-treatment displayed by Wargaming in reference to World of Warplanes; unlike their Golden Child World of Tanks Alias CASH COW - Do you really think they are on top of updating recent stats, even” Warplanes.Today”  - in most aspects has abandoned us also. Were lucky they Send the Lone Horseman aka; Pony Express Rider "Ghost Prime" to check on us from time to time –

What’s the contest this month, Make a brownie look like a plane? Really…………

Edited by SOJO, 07 December 2016 - 11:12 PM.

SOJO.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #52 Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:06 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostLucky_Loki, on 07 December 2016 - 12:13 PM, said:

So, can a racist join with 65% WR + 5k battles + meet all other requirements? no offense, just curious...

An alien, a dragon, A Martian, A Ninja, etc - If they met the requirements you betcha - What, do you think everyone that agrees to EULA is without Sin -  Heck we probably have a few players here making skin Suits in their basements as we speak - Plus My Crystal Ball is broke, I can't foresee someone's real life, maybe Wargaming Can - I can only evaluate their stats within this gaming environment.

Edited by SOJO, 07 December 2016 - 10:21 PM.

SOJO.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #53 Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostKloudRains, on 07 December 2016 - 02:33 PM, said:

The odor of trolls wafts through the forum ....

It is laudable and fitting to want to organize a clan which can enhance the game for its members and the WoWP community as a whole. Good luck with best wishes for such an effort.

This is an amazing game of sophisticated enjoyment for all of us. Not to enable a few thugs to abuse and vent puny scorn upon less successful contributors. We need a decent environment for all. Else, the game will fail from lack of participation. If people are generally mistreated they surely will go away. We need each other to make the game function.

There are just too many defects above for each to be addressed. The worst is an attitude toward the foe which, in real war of modern times, gave us Sand Creek, My Lai, Kaytn Forest and far too many other examples of raw atrocity - behavior more and more understood to be criminal.

War is, contrary to the misguided, not in the basic nature of mankind. The global archaeological record shows it has been an activity only of the last 5-7K years. Humans have persisted far longer on this planet because of cooperation and generosity - not by a general spirit to wreak harm. It is good guy behavior which accounts for our existence.

The preeminent warrior leaders of military history are more like Robert E. Lee than Genghis Khan. Alexander the Great was respected and made successful by his raising up of his defeated foe. His generous grace brought them and their families into his camp as allies, giving vital strength to his campaigns. 

Military aviation has a history of gracious demeanor. We salute our fallen foe rather than to spit on his grave. 

Here are words from General Mattis: "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." These simple words embody a hugely complex ethos which is missing above.

Another way to grasp it can come from study of the ribbons on the dress uniform of a modern combat veteran. Those on the lower rows reveal attention to numbers and places. Higher up the chest one finds ribbons for acts of courage and bravery. Up most medals are bestowed with citations using words such as "gallantry" and "intrepidity."

There are no medals for the playground bully. 

I'm a Combat Vet, etc etc. Listen  -  people play GTA and kill innocent pixelated civilians, doggies and cat's and stuff -   Someone hand this guy a Sparkler and a Butterfly net - 

Edited by SOJO, 07 December 2016 - 10:19 PM.

SOJO.png

mullyman #54 Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:34 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26236 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Post20thCenturyLtd, on 07 December 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

​But then where would MoD and pal fly?
mullyman.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #55 Posted 07 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostDrewthesteelman, on 07 December 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

lol...65% win rate? The guy enforcing such a high win rate got his with 4000 battles in T2 alone, has an average tier of 5.6, and flights 75% of the time. 

You may as well change your little advertisement to say "if you are a low tier stat paddin seal clubber like me, please apply".

SOJO...you aren't good. So, stop with the elitist stuff. Seems like you just need people to carry you in flights. 

Yes Drew, It's True,

I like Tier 2; Bi-Planes, They are nifty! And Yes, I like to Win, So if winning means teaming up with good players in 3 man Flights, Oh Correction -  2 man Flights -  Then I am guilty as charged -  I like to win, if they had less than Tier 1 and that aircraft could improve my chances to win;  that's what I would do! Premium Rounds, Absolutely (Sometimes) i.e. HE 100 - Gold in the nose YEP - YOU BETCHA!.

If Wargaming allowed the purchasing and mounting of Photon Torpedoes and cool lasers and stuff - YEP, I would use those sometimes also - CALL ME CRAZY LOL. I don't like to lose, nor do I act like a giddy school girl when I do. Losing Sucks, Winning is Fun!

I believe Common Sense dictates a Positive and Successful Win Rate (IMHO)

P.S. Since you’re breaking down my stats, I wonder what the Tiered Summary of my other 15000 games played, minus your calculated 4000 games for my low tiers played? That should keep you busy for a few. I'm curious sincerely - break down the percentages per tiers played, i.e. How many games played in tier 10, 9, 8 etc = Win percentage of that specific tier and so on -

Thanks, really - Thank you -  that's alot of work!

Edited by SOJO, 08 December 2016 - 01:51 PM.

SOJO.png

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #56 Posted 07 December 2016 - 11:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 21591 battles
  • [SICK] SICK
DOUBLE POST DELETED

Edited by SOJO, 07 December 2016 - 11:37 PM.

SOJO.png

KloudRains #57 Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:22 AM

Master Sergeant

• 29686 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
umm ... yep, war is hell and some very bad things occur in all of them

Bobby_Tables #58 Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:30 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 23395 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

I cannot join this new clan due to my dismal win rate.  That makes me a sad Panda.

Lucky_Loki #59 Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:07 AM

Master Sergeant

• 7392 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostSOJO, on 07 December 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

An alien, a dragon, A Martian, A Ninja, etc - If they met the requirements you betcha - What, do you think everyone that agrees to EULA is without Sin -  Heck we probably have a few players here making skin Suits in their basements as we speak - Plus My Crystal Ball is broke, I can't foresee someone's real life, maybe Wargaming Can - I can only evaluate their stats within this gaming environment.

Oh definitely, then maybe I didn't asked my question properly. Sure you have no ways to really find out someone's personality. Let me put it in this way, if there is a guy from your clan talk some racism crapmaybe on forum, or PM, show his disrespect to the other. Would you ignore it? or would you kick him out of the clan? What would you do to deal with this kind of situation?

Edited by Lucky_Loki, 08 December 2016 - 01:08 AM.

MajorDodger #60 Posted 08 December 2016 - 01:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5181 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View Postcqiyuan, on 07 December 2016 - 12:32 AM, said:

Only 1 clan is alive now unfortunately - WS 

( no offense, i mean from the 3 clans you just mentioned)

You have no idea what your talking about.  We have two clans, GWG and GW_S.

Good hunting, fly fast, shoot faster or die in flames.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users