• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

MARS_REVENANT #21 Posted 05 December 2016 - 08:57 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostGouIdy, on 05 December 2016 - 03:08 PM, said:

This would help but it still wouldn't get the professional seal clubbers to leave the low tiers.

Minus 1 excuse though.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Yagos2k16 #22 Posted 05 December 2016 - 09:49 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 December 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

LOL I finished it the first day, it was mostly high tiers.  The only time I dipped down to anything lower than 8 was to also get the daily token missions complete. Low tiers are weak sauce.

I also did it in under 24 and the only time I dipped below 8 was to help Mars with his daily

Omega_Weapon #23 Posted 05 December 2016 - 10:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Biggest problem I have with the game is the wonky accuracy. On replays I can see how the spot my guns are actually hitting is almost always off compared to the aim point I have on my screen. When the enemy plane is going evasive, I land very few shots before my guns overheat. On the really laggy days my shooting accuracy gets extremely bad and I frequently get gun accuracy scores below 10%.

Edited by Omega_Weapon, 05 December 2016 - 10:53 PM.

gatorken #24 Posted 05 December 2016 - 11:51 PM

Airman Basic

• 22 battles
Or give negative credits for playing lower tiers based on your highest tier.

DInk_Spinkley #25 Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:58 AM

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 December 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

LOL I finished it the first day, it was mostly high tiers.  

That isn't something to be proud of, but please, tell us what it's like to have no life.
RIP World of Warplanes

DInk_Spinkley #26 Posted 06 December 2016 - 12:59 AM

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 05 December 2016 - 05:53 PM, said:

Biggest problem I have with the game is the wonky accuracy. On replays I can see how the spot my guns are actually hitting is almost always off compared to the aim point I have on my screen. When the enemy plane is going evasive, I land very few shots before my guns overheat. On the really laggy days my shooting accuracy gets extremely bad and I frequently get gun accuracy scores below 10%.

Yes, when they added the "realistic" camera shake the game went right down. That's something they need to get rid of
RIP World of Warplanes

DInk_Spinkley #27 Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:00 AM

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 05 December 2016 - 03:57 PM, said:

Minus 1 excuse though.

No, he's talking about the few guys who never leave tier 2-3
RIP World of Warplanes

mnbv_fockewulfe #28 Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:13 AM

Captain

• 615 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostOmega_Weapon, on 05 December 2016 - 10:53 PM, said:

This,

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 06 December 2016 - 12:59 AM, said:

Yes, when they added the "realistic" camera shake the game went right down. That's something they need to get rid of

You can turn it off in the settings. :P

Be sure to check your logic privileges before posting on the forum.

Peter1289 #29 Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:11 AM

Senior Airman

• 48 battles

Hey, I actuality like this game and now have crept over 1000 games, so I have decided to play this instead of WoT or WoWs, but what I dislike is:

- Games where you kill three planes and then look around and your team has melted (but no different to any other game)

- Games where you face a clan with a flight of HF who fly high until the very end of the game and the kill the remaing 

- MM when it decides 2 or 3 human GA's is equal to the opposite team having 2 or 3 human HF's

- Having the 'dismiss Pilot' option so freaking close to 'send to barrack's' button and no freaking confirm option..........

- Pilots with 20,000 plus games playing in tier 2 (I don't know about the losers playing Tier 1)

- When you play Tier 4+ and all the heavy's are Veran bots

Edited by Peter1289, 06 December 2016 - 06:25 AM.

Psicko23 #30 Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 05 December 2016 - 10:51 AM, said:

Saw someone who finished the new I-16 mission in less than 24 hours. Can't tell me he wasn't seal clubbing. It's one thing to fly those levels for dailies and killl bots first, but.....

I did mine in less than 24 hours, like the others the only time I went lower than t8 was to get my t4 and mid tier tokens. high tiers get the xp done quickly. 

DInk_Spinkley #31 Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:02 AM

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

You know what I really, really hate?

When your own bots ram you, kill you, and you get a bigger fine than compensation

RIP World of Warplanes

Soylent_Red_Isnt_People #32 Posted 06 December 2016 - 07:35 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2395 battles

- When one team of bots won't keep climbing, and then encounters the red team whose planes are all at enough of a higher altitude to get an accuracy bonus, thus throwing away (losing) the sortie.

- That almost every bot plane of every team of every match will dive on the first plane target they overfly, and typically not long before the red team gets detected, thus throwing away (losing) the sortie.

- That the suggestion phrased as a question of ''Fight over green AA or the buffer area?'' is apparently always filtered into oblivion by the chat window.

- That during every event the ethos and/or strategy of ''Fight top down & leave ground-pounding GA (with their high HP) for last.'' is utterly ignored by pretty much every pilot, including the bots.

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 06 December 2016 - 05:02 AM, said:

You know what I really, really hate?

When your own bots ram you, kill you, and you get a bigger fine than compensation

This seems to be a feature more so than a bug when it comes to WG titles.

Edited by Billy_Burns_91, 06 December 2016 - 07:43 AM.

"If they don't chase you after a mile, they don't chase ya.... Maybe it's two miles...."   ---   "You wanna play it soft, we'll play it soft. You wanna play it hard, let's play it hard."

5801234590.png

''Under control? You're grabbing a f**king bazooka, you dumba**!''

Capture Points & You --- Graphic Settings Explored --- Grinding Tokens; Not so Daily Missions --- Ground Targets & Mission Types in 2.0 --- Equipment 2.0.5; Huh?

Peter1289 #33 Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:06 AM

Senior Airman

• 48 battles

Have to add when you kill the only human player on the other team within 30sec's and then yourself go on to get 4 kills, yet the overpowered bot's on the other team win....

That means the useless player on the other team gets the win....

Edited by Peter1289, 06 December 2016 - 08:39 AM.

dityboycom #34 Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:01 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBilly_Burns_91, on 06 December 2016 - 03:35 AM, said:

- When one team of bots won't keep climbing, and then encounters the red team whose planes are all at enough of a higher altitude to get an accuracy bonus, thus throwing away (losing) the sortie.

- That almost every bot plane of every team of every match will dive on the first plane target they overfly, and typically not long before the red team gets detected, thus throwing away (losing) the sortie.

- That the suggestion phrased as a question of ''Fight over green AA or the buffer area?'' is apparently always filtered into oblivion by the chat window.

- That during every event the ethos and/or strategy of ''Fight top down & leave ground-pounding GA (with their high HP) for last.'' is utterly ignored by pretty much every pilot, including the bots.

This seems to be a feature more so than a bug when it comes to WG titles.

Current meta you're probably better off kililng GAA first and then sneaking off too climb back up and deal with everything else. Thus the other team will wait too kill yours giving you a guaranteed supremacy advantage.

What's wrong with this game?

Everything.

Noreaga #35 Posted 06 December 2016 - 03:17 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

What i dislike in game and why i left the last time:

the fact that we have bots to fill the teams but don't get 15 vs 15, even 10 vs 10 doesn't work as well as it should. When we had full teams 10 vs 10 was something you got at 3 in the morning.

altitude and vertical compression gives a veteran way more of an advantage than just his hindsight would.

map design especially maps where one team has a fleet of ships and the other only ground targets. The GA on the team attacking ships can rack up 100 points in minutes with the way critical insta death works on ships, leaving the other team 75points behind and little chance of catching up. 

the fact that the crosshair is still a few mils low and i have to mod it myself to be able to hit things. The changes to large caliber bullets, and the fact that GA do less damage to planes than "pure" A2A planes.

most of my complaints come from changes to MM, flights, and general lack of professionalism by the developer. The game has always had "something there" and it is frustrating to see it being wasted.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Z3M #36 Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2233 battles
  • [JG52] JG52
It's a wonky game sometimes.  Disconnects during game suck, that crap during the Japanese event almost ended me playing the game.  No end game is probably the biggest issue.  This game should have merged with WGs other games by now.  It's a lost cause merging with Tanks, players can't handle Arty let alone a smart plane.  What about WOWS?  I think that would work as end game/Clan Wars. Nothing for clans, no Strongholds or Team Battles.  It really is a good arcade game, but left rot on WGs vine.

Noreaga #37 Posted 06 December 2016 - 04:43 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostZ3M, on 06 December 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

It's a wonky game sometimes.  Disconnects during game suck, that crap during the Japanese event almost ended me playing the game.  No end game is probably the biggest issue.  This game should have merged with WGs other games by now.  It's a lost cause merging with Tanks, players can't handle Arty let alone a smart plane.  What about WOWS?  I think that would work as end game/Clan Wars. Nothing for clans, no Strongholds or Team Battles.  It really is a good arcade game, but left rot on WGs vine.

i wish they could merge with ships and we take off from the CV, but one of the few things they were very clear on is that there will be no merging of the games. Before they changed the webpage and removed that planes would have CW, they did mention that clan wars would be linked to the other games in some way (for CW). 

Edited by Noreaga, 06 December 2016 - 04:44 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

Z3M #38 Posted 06 December 2016 - 05:18 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 2233 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

View PostNoreaga, on 06 December 2016 - 04:43 PM, said:

i wish they could merge with ships and we take off from the CV, but one of the few things they were very clear on is that there will be no merging of the games. Before they changed the webpage and removed that planes would have CW, they did mention that clan wars would be linked to the other games in some way (for CW). 

When I first started playing WOT that was there big thing, merging all the games.  Kinda sad they didnt.  Merging WOWS and WOWP  would add a whole new aspect to both games.  New lines of planes would be awesome.  The use of CVs to land on would be epic fun.  It wouldn't even have to be just Naval aircraft, bases on islands could support land based aircraft.  Enemy ships could knock them out denying you the use of land based aircraft.  The islands themselves could be the "land" for Clan Wars.  I really think it would add whole new game modes and aircraft lines.  Sadly, probably not....haha

Cleffy #39 Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 92 battles
The MM changes. Made the game unplayable.
I also don't like the unhistorical armament and plane statistics on order to enforce playstyles. Like the A6Ms speed and altitude.

Lord_Man_Hammer #40 Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:25 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 192 battles

1)  I hate WG completely.  Besides Funcom it is the most deceitful, greedy, coniving company I have ever seen in nearly 20 years of gaming.

2)  I hate the fact noone plays this game in the middle of the day.  I just came back after 2 years away to find the same problems.  Not enough playerbase to fill up matches with similar tiers.  It is NOT fun to go into match after match with a tier 1 japanese mosquito with tier 3 an 4 planes everywhere and I have to literally hide just to find the other 2 or 3 tier 1 or 2's so I can get a kill.   YAY?

3)  I hate the fact WG never closed the massive gulf in tier planes from tier 3 or higher. Sure some planes can last for a bit but usually its murder if your tier 3 and a tier 5 is on you.  Its over 90% of the time due to lower tiers just dont have the juice to compete.  Close the differences in the tiers more.  The players playing high tiers only will moan about this because they know exactly what Im talking about and dont want to lose the squash matches they get over an over with lower tiers filling matches.  YAY?

This is the best, most realistic flight combat game I have seen, far better than the current alternatives available but its just too bad WG has their hands on it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users