What do players hate most about game play

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

INCISION #81 Posted 04 January 2017 - 02:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9 battles
All real and valid points. However, aside from the "paying" players", it's still a FREE game. I play when I'm in the mood. When the mood goes away, so do I. Simple!

Sopwith_ #82 Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 174 battles
  • [RBL_] RBL_

View PostAzis_, on 31 December 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

My biggest issue with the mass at the end is that they can travel the map undetected and suddenly  "Appear" 1500' off of your tail. :kamikaze: Yet even 30' off the deck, I can not escape their radar...:izmena:

Exactly....WTH is up with that?

Jaguardian #83 Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:41 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 1 battle
Had a 1 v 1 human match yesterday with 9 bots to fill out the rest of each team so it was 10 v 10 total in tier 9.  Both humans were in a GA.  I killed one enemy GA and that was the only kill my team got.  My bots went down quicker than a French ice cream cone on a 90 degree summer day.

anamals53 #84 Posted 09 January 2017 - 08:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• 693 battles
Me ,, a lot of the same with the bots . Too better at shooting , always having prem ammo , not alt restricted according to the aircraft specs , and no mistakes . Humans are being phased out of this game because they can't be programed . Wars were won because one side made mistakes . one sided battles are not fun , just boring . 

Perrigrino #85 Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6035 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

With regard to criticisms of SPAM. None of this is spam. What I hear are some very legitimate concerns being aired. And for those who think no one is listening check out this thread where WG Staff intervened:

http://forum.mastero...spins-for-ever/

They are listening. Just not acting, at the moment.

The other point deals with statistics/data how they are interpreted and manipulated by WG algorithms. Seems, as many are well aware, that the better you do the more challenging the game gets, AND, at times tries to assist in either helping you win or loose, depending on your success rate. For obvious reasons this makes sense but again it depends on the objectives of the developers (make money, make players happy, encourage recruitment, make the game fun and interesting, prestige...)  Some objectives seem mutually exclusive. Many of you are not neophytes and know that assumptions are built into statistical models.

My concern is over how those stats are misinterpreted by WG algorithm and third part mods. I use my Tier 1, Type 91 to finish missions or earn coupons, and sometimes, if I'm being honest, to go "clubbing" to feel better after being annihilated in a higher tier battle, or testing settings adjustments, since in a bonafide battle you can earn credit as opposed to spending in Training Battle.

From my limited experience it appears that statistical outliers (http://www.mathsisfu...ns/outlier.html), =anomolies, such as the high win rate in the Type 91, are factored in right across the Tiers to give me an exaggerated win percentage. If you remove the outliers and look at my stats then I am closer to being about 50% or so. When looking at battle results of opponenets, and removing the highs and lows, one gets a better idea of a players ability. 

But WoWP does not remove the highs and lows-the outliers/anomolies.

It seems to factor them in at times, and at other times to completely ignore them, like when you have an Anniversay plane and have failed to win after 3 battles, WoWP pits you against lower tiered opponents with the obvious objective of giving one the opportunity for an easier win. Whether or not that happens is up to the team.

Flip side of the coin, if I win consistently in low tier and move to next higher tier, the algorithm puts me with very skilled players, regardless of whether my plane has all the modules mounted, and regardless of my success rate in that individual plane.

I feel sorry for people who get duped into buying high tiered planes - having little to no experience at that level. WG does not care, as long as they make money. The unknowing person who flies that plane shortly after purchase will often find themselves out of their league and in short order stop playing. (I'm making an assumption based reviewing the battle results of many of the humans I've played and looking at which planes they play, how often, win/loss rate etc.)

In WorldofWarShips,  WarGaming has tried to address this by keeping/allowing players to battle bots exclusively until they are ready for human engagement, in other words, THEY Realize a problem has existed and still exists and have tried to address it in the development of WoWS, aside from other issues.

So, in the hopes THEY tune in, I would encourage pilots to keep voicing their concerns! 

Psicko23 #86 Posted 17 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

Perrigrino, we had a bot battle mode before bots were added to the main game. Not many people used it compared to how many people use it in ships. Once bots were added to the queue the bot battle mode was redundant. 

The developers and companies listen to the people on other wargaming titles, just not this one. 

Edited by Psicko23, 17 January 2017 - 12:20 PM.

anamals53 #87 Posted 19 January 2017 - 12:35 AM

Master Sergeant

• 693 battles
all mentioned above is discouraging ,, but after overheating my guns several times in a plane doing minor damage at point blank range only to have half the other team show up on my 6 to finish me off before I can make that kill . then having a whiner give me the credit for the loss is really irking . had a run of losses , but was top score on my team . just mm having its usual one sided matchups which eventually odds will put me on the best side as happened . i was flying the anniversary plane of the day for the free xp , not one i would have chosen but made the best of it . I also figure the odds will put us on opposite sides and really are looking forward to that .   

Pointer1400 #88 Posted 26 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

Airman Basic

• 0 battles

This really pisses me off. I just watched a bot P-38 shoot down two of it's own teammates.

I got killed off early in a game, so I started watching a P-38 flown by "Ian" the bot. I literally watched it deliberately follow and shoot down two of it's own teammates in the game. No chance it was an accident, it was deliberate. WOW wanna tell me wth is going on with that???

I wasn't sure if Ian was a bot, so I tried to IM him after the game. Nope, he's a bot.

Edited by Pointer1400, 26 January 2017 - 10:18 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users