Is it possible to change where your replays save to?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Psicko23 #1 Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:32 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

I have a dual hard drive setup on my computer. I have am SSD as my c drive and I have a regular hard drive where I install all other programs that I can. since getting my SSD I was told that the constant writing and deleting of files I'd bad for the ssd. however, the only option that warplanes gives us for saving battles is on the c drive. Someone mentioned that they have the same setup but have the replays save to their secondary hdd. I can't remember who said that. 

Is there any way to do that, or is that person just making it up? 

theponja #2 Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:47 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 82 battles
Yes, go to settings and you can change the path. I think is on the gameplay tab. I'm working right now when I'm back to home I'll try to give you an screenshoot. 

Jaguardian #3 Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:44 PM

• 1 battle
http://www.pcworld.com/article/2856052/grueling-endurance-test-blows-away-ssd-durability-fears.html

DrSinister #4 Posted 29 November 2016 - 10:33 PM

High-Tech Medic

• -Community Ace-
  • 63 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

You can not change it in game.  If you go to Settings and then Game Tab, you can check/uncheck to save to your default Windows Libraries Videos drive location.

You can have Windows change the location of the Window Library location.  I had to do this because my SSD drive is only 160 Gb and did not want to use more space than I needed to.  That is how you see in my location is on my D: instead of C: where Windows is located.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2079571/move-your-libraries-to-a-second-drive-or-partition.html

Edited by DrSinister, 29 November 2016 - 10:34 PM.

Psicko23 #5 Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:18 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Thanks Doc. I'll check it out. 

Jag- I also have a small SSD and don't want to waste space on replays. I did have an SSD die on me which I thought was due to the replays, but I guess not. must have been a lemon as I had it only 6 months before it died. Luckily all I keep on my SSD is programs I can easily download again. Now I keep an image file of my computer in case of emergency.

theponja #6 Posted 30 November 2016 - 12:20 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 82 battles

View PostDrSinister, on 29 November 2016 - 07:33 PM, said:

You can not change it in game.  If you go to Settings and then Game Tab, you can check/uncheck to save to your default Windows Libraries Videos drive location.

You can have Windows change the location of the Window Library location.  I had to do this because my SSD drive is only 160 Gb and did not want to use more space than I needed to.  That is how you see in my location is on my D: instead of C: where Windows is located.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2079571/move-your-libraries-to-a-second-drive-or-partition.html

Ok. I opened my mouth to fast here. Dr Sinister is right, you've to change your personal's folders location to relocate the files.

Psicko23 #7 Posted 30 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Yes, DR sinister is correct. IT worked for me. THanks!

BrushWolf #8 Posted 30 November 2016 - 05:22 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 52 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

When they first came out durability was an issue but now the only reason to put simple data elsewhere is the small size of SSD's compared to hard drives, Gigabytes compared to Terabytes.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users