Ghostprime When is it going to stop!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

MelBrooks #81 Posted 20 November 2016 - 05:28 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
Interesting read....it's all based on perception. People will take advantage of any possible advantage they can gain to attain their objective. It will never change no matter what game you play PvP. The knowledgeable players know how to maximize these advantages. I think the reason this topic comes up so frequently is our population base. With the numbers that are currently in game, this only makes the the situation more prevelant because you see the same names over and over again. This issue would still come up if we had 10k players online, but it would not be as bad. Our MM would be different, so many other things would be different. It's the main reason I play less: same names, same game modes, same maps. For me a victory is rather hollow if a challenge was not presented. Everybody is different, I just get bored easily. Some of my best battles were ones that I lost but accomplished much more than I should have given the situation and plane that I was flying. As Avro has said, everybody has an opinion and they are entitled to it. 

Edited by PhyllisDiller, 20 November 2016 - 05:33 AM.

Desper935 #82 Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:34 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostSOJO, on 19 November 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

You’re not right, Ghost is employed my Wargaming, So he has to be politically correct, he’s a plug stopper - They did away with 3 man flights cause crappy players complained, the majority of players in this game suck - BUT their money spends just the same as good players money who are the minority - Wargaming likes money - cant blame them, so they curtail to the sucky majority, It’s like college campus kids that are crying about Killary, I need a day of mourning. 

Moving on - Tanks has three man platoons, I don’t see Wargaming listening to the screams of unfairness over there. We have players here that suck so instead of getting better Wargaming makes it easier for them so in turn Wargamings wallet becomes heavier.

Woe the gnashing of teeth for the Participation Trophy Generation - - - - -

What’s the old saying Rosebud - You’re not really fat, just big boned -? 

I would call this [edited]. 3 man flights killed population on both EU and NA server. Becouse if meet flights with 95% win ratio for whole days then you must be in same flight or not to care about wins at all. You know that at release those flights blocked high tiers and didn't let anyone to grind? Unless you would be fine with wr arround 30% or whatever.

So stop [edited]arround. You have higher % in flights then wr .. you are not that good as you think so I understand you need third friend to help you stat pad but I am afraid that won't ever happen again.

WG fail was that took them whole year to realize that, meanwhile we lost majority of population.

Edited by Desper935, 28 November 2016 - 11:36 PM.

Noreaga #83 Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:07 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostDesper935, on 28 November 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

I would call this [edited]. 3 man flights killed population on both EU and NA server. Becouse if meet flights with 95% win ratio for whole days then you must be in same flight or not to care about wins at all. You know that at release those flights blocked high tiers and didn't let anyone to grind? Unless you would be fine with wr arround 30% or whatever.

So stop [edited]arround. You have higher % in flights then wr .. you are not that good as you think so I understand you need third friend to help you stat pad but I am afraid that won't ever happen again.

WG fail was that took them whole year to realize that, meanwhile we lost majority of population.

we have proved that this was not true, we know the population was growing until 1.5 (slowly but still growing). It had nothing to do with flights, what killed this game was trying to hand out participation medals and trying to make everyone feel special. Doing well solo only means you are good at playing solo. it does not mean you are better than sojo in a flight nor do stats tell us anything other than they might know basics or if they are a reroll  and spend their time clubbing new people... yes it was the big bad flight in T9.

i like sticking my head in the sand as much as anyone, but come on. 

anyway not worth arguing, i know exactly the response im going to get. 

Nimis obnoxii curare

Yagos2k16 #84 Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:14 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostDesper935, on 28 November 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

FInd someone you cant beat? strategies on how to beat them. Watch them,  study what they do and how they do it learn from every defeat

Yagos2k16 #85 Posted 29 November 2016 - 01:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
Also wargaming could have catered to the cry babies by offering a separate non flight queue . single random battle where the anti socials can fly alone  or team battle  where players who enjoy a more coordinated challange and the fun of being able to fly with a few buddies could have their space. I also would have made this game mode 2- 4 man flights. 

Edited by Yagos2k16, 29 November 2016 - 01:29 AM.

Psicko23 #86 Posted 29 November 2016 - 05:10 AM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View PostDesper935, on 28 November 2016 - 03:34 PM, said:

With you having 5 battles after release and 128 pre-release, we can gather you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to talking about what killed this game. with less than 140 battles I'm pretty sure you didn't have to worry about the evil 3 man flights preventing you from grinding to tier 10.

Edited by Psicko23, 29 November 2016 - 06:25 AM.

MelBrooks #87 Posted 29 November 2016 - 07:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles
Still kicking this flight stuff around.....geesh. Air combat success has been and will be always based on coordination. Even the great solo players use their teammates as a distraction or cover at the very least. Team work leads to success. The most memorable battles I have in this game are when my entire team did not lose a plane. I got 3,4, or 5 assists by clearing tails staying close to offer support. Why this topic keeps coming up is really a mystery. Actually good coordination and good covering wingmen are the very foundation to this game.

mullyman #88 Posted 29 November 2016 - 12:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles

View PostYagos2k16, on 28 November 2016 - 09:18 PM, said:

Also wargaming could have catered to the cry babies by offering a separate non flight queue . single random battle where the anti socials can fly alone  or team battle  where players who enjoy a more coordinated challange and the fun of being able to fly with a few buddies could have their space. I also would have made this game mode 2- 4 man flights. 

​yeah,  for the sackless pilots who are too scared to fly solo,  for fear it will hurt their stats.
mullyman.png

dityboycom #89 Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:55 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View Postmullyman, on 29 November 2016 - 08:18 AM, said:

​yeah,  for the sackless pilots who are too scared to fly solo,  for fear it will hurt their stats.

Honestly, who in their right mind wants to play this game alone?

That'd be the equivalent too taking a razor blade to your arms at night while your parents are out.

Yagos2k16 #90 Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
a

Edited by Yagos2k16, 29 November 2016 - 04:07 PM.

Yagos2k16 #91 Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Mully how is a game mode where you would only be going up against other flights be for a sackles pilot.

I think this mode would be more of a challange than a random battle.  you probably don't have a lot of coop pvp gaming experience under your belt and don't understand that coordinated teams are better than random teams

Edited by Yagos2k16, 29 November 2016 - 04:08 PM.

Psicko23 #92 Posted 29 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

View Postmullyman, on 29 November 2016 - 04:18 AM, said:

that doesn't even go with what he is saying. if flights only battle against other flights that is not protecting anyone's stats. one flighted team will lose against another flighted team. Also back before the population drop there was usually multiple flights per side during prime time and usually one flight per side other times except when the game was at its lowest population aka middle of the night. 

mullyman #93 Posted 30 November 2016 - 08:55 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 36 battles

View PostYagos2k16, on 29 November 2016 - 12:02 PM, said:

Mully how is a game mode where you would only be going up against other flights be for a sackles pilot.

I think this mode would be more of a challange than a random battle.  you probably don't have a lot of coop pvp gaming experience under your belt and don't understand that coordinated teams are better than random teams

​No, yagos , your idea is great.  I misread your post the 1st time through.

:playing:​    << ------apparently me here 

Edited by mullyman, 30 November 2016 - 09:01 PM.

mullyman.png

Agnotology #94 Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:54 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 627 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostGhostPrime, on 14 November 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

This is correct. The reasoning behind two person flights was because two person flights have do not have as major of an advantage over the battles as 3 player flights. 

That is absolutely Horses***. I regularly pull 80% wins in my 3-man platoons. And that is after 5 years of people learning the game.

3 man flights did not give an advantage, 3 really good pilots in a flight did. We had the same growing pains in tanks, the hall of fame back in September of 2011 had the same beta and alpha testers who knew what they were doing, understood the maps, farming the newbies for 90% win rates. The win rates went down with the learning curve.  When you see 3 new players who just got into tier <anything>, and they all do sub 20% of their own HP, if you stuck them together in a flight, how much better would they perform?

2 man flights do the same thing now if you have the right communication between pilots. I don't win 100% of my matches, but its up there. I would be willing to bet that with effort and the right comp, There are people here today who could do a 100 game win streak.  

The problem with this game is player retention. Everyone cries seal clubbers, but ignores the balance between the tiers. WoT has the same issue in the most important tiers to keep players interested and involved, tier 3 to 5. Ever try playing tier 4? 3 tanks off hand can pen the sides of most tier 6s. Five can pen the sides of a slightly angled Heavy. When we started, People in tier 3s were fighting 5s and 4s were fighting 6s. Try fighting, back then, an A6m5, the DE FACTO worst plane in tier 6, in a 110b. It would burn you to the ground despite being in the most overpowered tier 4. And you had to grind through these tiers to get the where balance attempts to start showing its head, in tier 5, 6, and 7. The rest of those early days are a bit fuzzy to me, but I do remember getting curb stomped into the ground pretty much every match.

Edited by Agnotology, 02 December 2016 - 11:55 AM.

MARS_REVENANT #95 Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:11 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostAgnotology, on 02 December 2016 - 06:54 AM, said:

That is absolutely Horses***. I regularly pull 80% wins in my 3-man platoons. And that is after 5 years of people learning the game.

3 man flights did not give an advantage, 3 really good pilots in a flight did. We had the same growing pains in tanks, the hall of fame back in September of 2011 had the same beta and alpha testers who knew what they were doing, understood the maps, farming the newbies for 90% win rates. The win rates went down with the learning curve.  When you see 3 new players who just got into tier <anything>, and they all do sub 20% of their own HP, if you stuck them together in a flight, how much better would they perform?

2 man flights do the same thing now if you have the right communication between pilots. I don't win 100% of my matches, but its up there. I would be willing to bet that with effort and the right comp, There are people here today who could do a 100 game win streak.  

The problem with this game is player retention. Everyone cries seal clubbers, but ignores the balance between the tiers. WoT has the same issue in the most important tiers to keep players interested and involved, tier 3 to 5. Ever try playing tier 4? 3 tanks off hand can pen the sides of most tier 6s. Five can pen the sides of a slightly angled Heavy. When we started, People in tier 3s were fighting 5s and 4s were fighting 6s. Try fighting, back then, an A6m5, the DE FACTO worst plane in tier 6, in a 110b. It would burn you to the ground despite being in the most overpowered tier 4. And you had to grind through these tiers to get the where balance attempts to start showing its head, in tier 5, 6, and 7. The rest of those early days are a bit fuzzy to me, but I do remember getting curb stomped into the ground pretty much every match.

The real difference is 3 man platoons in tanks population vs 3 man flights in WOWP population.  You cant really compare WR between the two games because the pool of players available to each is so different.

Also take into account what they did to the MM with 1v1 or 3v3 or 5v5... then bots with 10v10... 3 man flights in planes made much more difference there than 3 man platoons in a 15 v 15 live person tank game.

So yes, I do believe them when they say they removed 3 man flight in WOWP due to the unbalanced WR they were achieving.  We did not have 15 v 15 live player games when they removed the 3 man flights... remember that.

Edited by MARS_REVENANT, 02 December 2016 - 03:56 PM.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Yagos2k16 #96 Posted 02 December 2016 - 03:56 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
the real killer to this game is lack of advertisement, I first played this game cause of an ad for facebook. i no longer see those

Edited by Yagos2k16, 02 December 2016 - 03:57 PM.

Steel_bomber_ #97 Posted 02 December 2016 - 04:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostAgnotology, on 02 December 2016 - 12:54 PM, said:

last month made a 110+ sky scourge almost all in tier 10, so you are correct. 

So is the rest of your article! 

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

EspressoForHammy #98 Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 02 December 2016 - 11:14 AM, said:

last month made a 110+ sky scourge almost all in tier 10

:facepalm:

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Desper935 #99 Posted 03 December 2016 - 03:21 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles

View PostPsicko23, on 29 November 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

With you having 5 battles after release and 128 pre-release, we can gather you have no idea what you are talking about when it comes to talking about what killed this game. with less than 140 battles I'm pretty sure you didn't have to worry about the evil 3 man flights preventing you from grinding to tier 10.

Really? How about you check my EU account if you see my signature? That's too much for you to figure out I quess.

It was so easy to have 90% + wr with 3 man flights of decent players. You probably didn't play at that time becouse you would know how it was back then. (I still have Me410 with 96% wr from 3 man flight time in stats, I prefer to play solo for long time). Aynway I still remember how players hated my flight or any other 90% wr flight, they suicided at start, they scream and insult, nothing help them from loose anyway. I am talking about time when on EU was 10k players online even then it was pathetic and it took WG like year from release to finally nerf flights to 2 man. At release few high tiers flights prevented players from grind, becouse only massochist would play against 3 man flight all the time, it didn't get better for months.

The point is easy to understand, if you put into flight 3 players with 60-70% solo wr each what will happen? Answer is 90% + wr. In current population on your server it would be 100%. Arguments that flights would fight against other flight are false, in reality flight would loose one game and change tiers as it was before. 

Psicko23 #100 Posted 03 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

First Lieutenant

• 24 battles

First off, I've been here since about 1.2 or 1.3. I can't remember which one. yes, I recall 3 man flights very well. I participated in some 3 man flights as well. Until 1.4 on the NA server there was multiple 3 man flights on each side. A good chunk of the time in the battles I observed, there were flights of good people on both sides. I'm not denying good people in a flight can't be devastating. in any game there will be people that are better than anyone else. We had our unicum Drac flights. the difference is back before 1.5 you wouldn't run into the crazy good flights every battle. In PVP games with bigger populations(any game other than wowp) you would run into these groups even less. even back then, I didn't care if I lost against them. I liked the challenge. Apparently people can't handle losing a game that affects nothing else in life. Either try and get better, flight up and try again. it's just a game. I'm not that great of a pilot and I didn't mind the 3 man flights. I can see why they took the 3 man flights away when the population bled in 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7. 3 man flights were too much of an advantage in 3v3.

I think they could being back 3 man flights IF they were able to properly change the mm code that a flight would have to wait until another flight was in queue in the same range of tiers. it would be better if they at least introduced ranked battles, if not clan wars. that should have been done a long time ago. 

oh, and no, I didn't see your precious signature since I visit the forums on my cell phone and usually don't pay attention to signatures anyway. I looked up your name on this forum on both NA and EU and didn't find anything. that's what I basedan it on. didn't realize you changed your name on the EU server. 

Edited by Psicko23, 03 December 2016 - 05:13 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users