Ghostprime When is it going to stop!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

DInk_Spinkley #41 Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:08 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostSOJO, on 11 November 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

LOL, And World of Tanks has had three man Platoons since its Inception - World of Tanks is Thriving - Why - End game content, advertising, progressive innovation. Your theory of The mean old three man flights is redundant and holds no substantial fact into Wargamings lack of initiative as it relates to World of Warplanes and its downfalls. Your "The Mean old 3 man Flights Destroyed the Game is non-pragmatic. All we usually hear from you is the splashing of tears.

World of Tanks is not thriving. Since I started playing, which was shortly before I started WoWp, They went from 40k players online to something like 11k I saw the other day. Yeah, it's not the disaster this is, but to lose 3/4 of you player base (It was my understanding that it was even higher than 40k) isn't thriving.

Yes, Bot AI needs a serious overhaul. GAs need to finish their targets number one.

Three man flights are absurd with this player base, just like asking for clan wars. There aren't enough people for them to waste their time coding it.

RIP World of Warplanes

Yagos2k16 #42 Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:42 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCdn_Avro, on 11 November 2016 - 08:42 PM, said:

No exploiting a broken mechanic is the term and is used correctly in this instance.  I will stand by my statement because under normal circumstances when 2 GA's are flighted in almost all the cases they are flying against another flighted team

who are not in GA's.  So the broken record kill the bot ga get pts go hide and wait for the bots to come and kill them.  Bots are programmed to go after the living off they go and die.  The 2 ga add to their superiority and if you go in and are lucky to have lots of health it doesn\t last long.  Damage from aa, rear gunners and them shooting you is the end.  And Dodger I am not new to this game and when 2 highly experienced pilots in heavies can't go in and kill them there is something wrong.

I'm not questioning their skill because they have it just their abuse of the weakness in this game.  Like I said we can all go in GA's and fight each other cause when it comes down to it that is the only way to win against them so if you can't beat them join them.  This way as soon as their win pct starts dropping they will go elsewhere. 

that's just not true. plenty of skilled fighters go in and kill them. I'm one of them and I can do it in any type of plane, just cause you haven't figured out how to do it doesn't mean it doesn't happen.Also not every flight that's in GA's can kill the bots go to the AA and win , you have to know how to fly the planes.

Edited by Yagos2k16, 12 November 2016 - 10:48 AM.

Scarpedon #43 Posted 12 November 2016 - 12:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
With how OP the BnZ tactics are (and have been) the complaint is GAs now?   If they haven't addressed BnZ in over a year what makes you think they care about the GAs in their own AA area?

Zapperguy #44 Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:01 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 63 battles
  • [CLOWN] CLOWN

View PostCdn_Avro, on 11 November 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

Ghostprime the game is broken.  Since when do ground attack rule the skies?  It's only in this game.  There are a few individuals who have taken advantage of this broken mechanic and are exploiting it to no end.

These individuals flight up in these planes and as most players in this game fly fighters, multiroles or heavies these individuals will kill the bot ground attacks hit targets until it starts looking like they will lose and

proceed back to their aa.  So if u go down to kill them from the out set the bots will follow you and kill u.  If u wait after you have killed all the high flying planes you are usually lower on health and have to contend with

these individuals tail gunners and all of the AA.  Our GA were killed by them so they have full AA coverage.  Any bots that survive enter the death zone and are killed by aa or the GA's and if u did have an advantage

it is quickly erased.  Solutions?  Maybe being able to control the bots from entering the death zone and help to hit ground targets.  Make a lot more soft targets so you can keep the advantage and have less AA coverage.(1/2 of what is currently in game).  If you let these ground attack rule the game this way everyone will start flying them then we all might as well play tanks.  It is unfortunate that these people exploit the game but WG needs to repair this flaw.

Watch the video in this thread: http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47138-video-for-texthor-part-deux/

TeamTerrible #45 Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:10 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostZapperguy, on 12 November 2016 - 08:01 AM, said:

lol

obamaphone #46 Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles

View PostCdn_Avro, on 11 November 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

Ghostprime the game is broken.  Since when do ground attack rule the skies?  It's only in this game.  There are a few individuals who have taken advantage of this broken mechanic and are exploiting it to no end.

These individuals flight up in these planes and as most players in this game fly fighters, multiroles or heavies these individuals will kill the bot ground attacks hit targets until it starts looking like they will lose and

proceed back to their aa.  So if u go down to kill them from the out set the bots will follow you and kill u.  If u wait after you have killed all the high flying planes you are usually lower on health and have to contend with

these individuals tail gunners and all of the AA.  Our GA were killed by them so they have full AA coverage.  Any bots that survive enter the death zone and are killed by aa or the GA's and if u did have an advantage

it is quickly erased.  Solutions?  Maybe being able to control the bots from entering the death zone and help to hit ground targets.  Make a lot more soft targets so you can keep the advantage and have less AA coverage.(1/2 of what is currently in game).  If you let these ground attack rule the game this way everyone will start flying them then we all might as well play tanks.  It is unfortunate that these people exploit the game but WG needs to repair this flaw.

View PostSOJO, on 11 November 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

If the developers incorporated Photon Torpedoes, and laser guided atomic fusion missiles in this game – To win, you bet you’re A Double S; I would utilize that initiative to destroy your Fun and Hopeful Optimisms. I don’t believe in Participation Trophies only Victory! 

Playing the "blame game" is a form of narcissism. Learn a bit about this condition before you implement any plan of action as this may influence how you decide to handle this situation .
A few points to consider.
1) "blamers" often do this as a defensive mechanism because of their own insecurities.
2) Blaming can be a form of control. For people who blame, it’s a way of avoiding external repercussions and  blamers seek something from their victims, whether it is emotional,  monetary, fun, reassurance or psychological stability.
3) the act of blaming can be a difficult behavior to change because it can become very self perpetuating when it is reinforcing itself in the blamers mind each time the tactic is used.

Rosebud #47 Posted 12 November 2016 - 01:44 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 12 battles

If the AI Attack Aircraft (AA) functioned in the same manner as the other AI types, this problem would be mote. The horse-blinders the programmers have saddled AI AA with, make killing them comically easy. What is happening up top and what is occurring on the deck as it pertains to the skills necessary to win, is quite imbalanced. Up top AI planes can be deadly. They target you, they evade you, they accurately shot you. Down below they mindlessly hit ground targets. Up top they stay together, below they don't. Up top you face veteran bots, below you face bots a noob player could overcome. If they endow the AI AA with the same programing attributes as the other AI types, this exploit would be removed.

The exploit of Heavy Fighters (HF) remaining at altitude and taking out bots that stall needs to be removed as well. Again a simple programming change that allows the bot to retain some boost or maintain a minimum speed would help. If the bots simply understood the battle bar and recognized that they are winning so there is no need to attack, that would be even better.The larger point is that the bots should be a work in progress. Unfortunately WG would seem to believe they are finished. I would say that if you're going to saddle us with bots WG, at least keep improving them.

Edited by Rosebud, 12 November 2016 - 01:44 PM.

GouIdy #48 Posted 12 November 2016 - 02:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 6 battles

View PostDInk_Spinkley, on 12 November 2016 - 04:08 AM, said:

World of Tanks is not thriving. Since I started playing, which was shortly before I started WoWp, They went from 40k players online to something like 11k I saw the other day. Yeah, it's not the disaster this is, but to lose 3/4 of you player base (It was my understanding that it was even higher than 40k) isn't thriving.

Well now you are just making stuff up. There was 30k on tanks NA last night.

Some more facts for you.

RU server still has 600k on nightly & EU still peaks out at 160k.

DInk_Spinkley #49 Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:15 PM

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostGouIdy, on 12 November 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

Well now you are just making stuff up. There was 30k on tanks NA last night.

Some more facts for you.

RU server still has 600k on nightly & EU still peaks out at 160k.

Like I said, it was the other day and during school hours. Must be the times I play then.

Not going to argue that WG has seriously fallen down in NA.

RIP World of Warplanes

losttwo #50 Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:43 PM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 5412 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postobamaphone, on 12 November 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

Playing the "blame game" is a form of narcissism. Learn a bit about this condition before you implement any plan of action as this may influence how you decide to handle this situation .
A few points to consider.
1) "blamers" often do this as a defensive mechanism because of their own insecurities.
2) Blaming can be a form of control. For people who blame, it’s a way of avoiding external repercussions and  blamers seek something from their victims, whether it is emotional,  monetary, fun, reassurance or psychological stability.
3) the act of blaming can be a difficult behavior to change because it can become very self perpetuating when it is reinforcing itself in the blamers mind each time the tactic is used.

Nice work.

Avro.

When I first started playing computer games in the 80's the biggest complaint was they were not designed for people to win or score big.

The AI's were always too powerful and programing was designed to chase and attack the player.

Pac Man was a HARD and difficult game since the " ghost " would chase you and try to stop you from eating dots.

I am sure you have the same complaint about Pac-Man and its being so difficult to move up the levels.

Even Galaga was too difficult to try and get past the 1st couple of levels.

My impression of the High Scores/Names was that they were just made up to anger people.

One day, while watching a person breeze thru level after level in Galaga and achieving the highest score on the machine,

My question became " how is that possible ? "

The answer to the question is " look for the pattern "

Of course with a flight of humans there would be no pattern but thinking outside the box and trying to learn a way to defeat them

would be the more intelligent course of action rather than whining about something being broken that is not broken.

Only a young padawan complains about exploits while a Jedi  works with in the parameters of programing.

There is a big difference between an exploit and playing within the program design.

Topsight #51 Posted 12 November 2016 - 03:52 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostSOJO, on 11 November 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

LOL, And World of Tanks has had three man Platoons since its Inception - World of Tanks is Thriving - Why - End game content, advertising, progressive innovation. Your theory of The mean old three man flights is redundant and holds no substantial fact into Wargamings lack of initiative as it relates to World of Warplanes and its downfalls. Your "The Mean old 3 man Flights Destroyed the Game is non-pragmatic. All we usually hear from you is the splashing of tears.

Then explain why WoWP went to 2 man flights from 3? Love to hear that one since they base this game on revenue.

Texthor #52 Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:02 PM

• 7 battles

View PostZapperguy, on 12 November 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

your silly vidieo of Spit vs IL in training room does not hold water, compared with many planes fighting in the game.   What ever floats your boat though........ 

Be sure to read the last remark in the thread.   

It truly takes NO skill.......to win in an IL

Yagos2k16 #53 Posted 12 November 2016 - 04:32 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
They should 

View PostTopsight, on 12 November 2016 - 10:52 AM, said:

Then explain why WoWP went to 2 man flights from 3? Love to hear that one since they base this game on revenue.

they should have gone from 3 man to 5 man. that's where they went wrong

Topsight #54 Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:16 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostYagos2k16, on 12 November 2016 - 11:32 AM, said:

they should have gone from 3 man to 5 man. that's where they went wrong

Strawman theory. The fact of the matter is when they went to 2 man flights many left because it would have been too hard for many at 2 man flights, otherwise they would have never left.

Cowboyhiho #55 Posted 12 November 2016 - 07:41 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5522 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

Game is not broken.  It is, what it is. I fly solo, some people would say that puts me at a disadvantage, how ever it is my choice. I realize the consequence of my choices.  I also can find it frustrating to see the same flights dominate the sky, especially at tiers 8 and 9. It's expensive to lose at that level, however, that's my choice.  I have some success at times, tho not often. When I start feeling frustrated I refill my drink, at least then I can blame intoxication not the game. Oh yes it's a game, enjoy and have fun.

hiho

:sceptic:

Yagos2k16 #56 Posted 12 November 2016 - 09:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 1228 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

View PostCowboyhiho, on 12 November 2016 - 02:41 PM, said:

Game is not broken.  It is, what it is. I fly solo, some people would say that puts me at a disadvantage, how ever it is my choice. I realize the consequence of my choices.  I also can find it frustrating to see the same flights dominate the sky, especially at tiers 8 and 9. It's expensive to lose at that level, however, that's my choice.  I have some success at times, tho not often. When I start feeling frustrated I refill my drink, at least then I can blame intoxication not the game. Oh yes it's a game, enjoy and have fun.

hiho

:sceptic:

You know what would make the game more fun, More flights and pilots willing to stick it out and learn. Players who are not afraid to ask for help and say "hey what am i doing wrong and what can i do to improve my game play" instead of whining and complaining that the game isn't fair, the game is what it is and you have to be willing to adapt to it. I would love to see more dominating flights and more challenges that force players to get better.

Edited by Yagos2k16, 12 November 2016 - 09:12 PM.

Chuck_norris10 #57 Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2277 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Need a population increase and I dont see them doing anything to increase it.

I see ads for WOWS everywhere with a button that lets you launch torpedoes at a ship but nothing for planes.

It's actually a clever ad and you can replay the torpedo launch thing as many times as you want.

They could do one with planes and some rockets.

Aim with your mouse like the WOWS ad and click enter,let them get that rocket kill,have a link for the game on the ad.

TeamTerrible #58 Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:31 PM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostChuck_norris10, on 12 November 2016 - 05:18 PM, said:

Need a population increase and I dont see them doing anything to increase it.

I see ads for WOWS everywhere with a button that lets you launch torpedoes at a ship but nothing for planes.

It's actually a clever ad and you can replay the torpedo launch thing as many times as you want.

They could do one with planes and some rockets.

Aim with your mouse like the WOWS ad and click enter,let them get that rocket kill,have a link for the game on the ad.

I'd like to fire a rocket at the World of Warships ad

Pogo68 #59 Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:47 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 1649 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostRosebud, on 12 November 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

If the AI Attack Aircraft (AA) functioned in the same manner as the other AI types, this problem would be mote. The horse-blinders the programmers have saddled AI AA with, make killing them comically easy. What is happening up top and what is occurring on the deck as it pertains to the skills necessary to win, is quite imbalanced. Up top AI planes can be deadly. They target you, they evade you, they accurately shot you. Down below they mindlessly hit ground targets. Up top they stay together, below they don't. Up top you face veteran bots, below you face bots a noob player could overcome. If they endow the AI AA with the same programing attributes as the other AI types, this exploit would be removed.

The exploit of Heavy Fighters (HF) remaining at altitude and taking out bots that stall needs to be removed as well. Again a simple programming change that allows the bot to retain some boost or maintain a minimum speed would help. If the bots simply understood the battle bar and recognized that they are winning so there is no need to attack, that would be even better.The larger point is that the bots should be a work in progress. Unfortunately WG would seem to believe they are finished. I would say that if you're going to saddle us with bots WG, at least keep improving them.

Watching the Bot GAA split up and not help each other is rather frustrating.

I don't understand why they could not code them to support each other.

I've been playing Combat Flight sims since the old Falcon AT days on an 8088 all the way through the IL-2 1946 and later games.

I've seen how Bot GAA with semi well written code can work to destroy their ground targets but still be able to defend themselves and each other.

DICTA BOELCKE for WoWP
    1. Try to secure the upper hand before attacking.
    2. Always continue with an attack you have begun
    3. Open fire only at close range, and then only when the opponent is squarely in your sights
    4. You should always try to keep your eye on your opponent, and never let yourself be deceived by ruses
    5. In any type of attack, it is essential to assail your opponent from behind
    6. If your opponent dives on you, do not try run away from his attack, but fly to meet it
    7. When over the enemy's lines, always remember your own line of retreat
    8. It is better to attack in groups of four or six. Avoid two aircraft attacking the same opponent

Cowboyhiho #60 Posted 13 November 2016 - 12:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5522 battles
  • [X3M] X3M

View PostYagos2k16, on 12 November 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

You know what would make the game more fun, More flights and pilots willing to stick it out and learn. Players who are not afraid to ask for help and say "hey what am i doing wrong and what can i do to improve my game play" instead of whining and complaining that the game isn't fair, the game is what it is and you have to be willing to adapt to it. I would love to see more dominating flights and more challenges that force players to get better.

If you are suggesting that I must flight up to have fun, I will disagree. Fortunately SF and DOW have let me hang around with them at various times. I have enjoyed the members and thank them for the fun. In the end I prefer to be solo. I feel the game is fair. The rules are the same for all. Love the game since closed beta, in all its perversions or is that previous versions. hiho

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users