Ghostprime When is it going to stop!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

K_Otic1 #1 Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:37 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 5 battles

Ghostprime the game is broken.  Since when do ground attack rule the skies?  It's only in this game.  There are a few individuals who have taken advantage of this broken mechanic and are exploiting it to no end.

These individuals flight up in these planes and as most players in this game fly fighters, multiroles or heavies these individuals will kill the bot ground attacks hit targets until it starts looking like they will lose and

proceed back to their aa.  So if u go down to kill them from the out set the bots will follow you and kill u.  If u wait after you have killed all the high flying planes you are usually lower on health and have to contend with

these individuals tail gunners and all of the AA.  Our GA were killed by them so they have full AA coverage.  Any bots that survive enter the death zone and are killed by aa or the GA's and if u did have an advantage

it is quickly erased.  Solutions?  Maybe being able to control the bots from entering the death zone and help to hit ground targets.  Make a lot more soft targets so you can keep the advantage and have less AA coverage.(1/2 of what is currently in game).  If you let these ground attack rule the game this way everyone will start flying them then we all might as well play tanks.  It is unfortunate that these people exploit the game but WG needs to repair this flaw.

Topsight #2 Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:49 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
There is some merit to your points. A number of them flight and play fighter pilot going after bot fighters and stay in them while racking points. In fact there are those that it is all they do, play fighter pilot in an AA knowing full well they are hard to kill, especially if the aircraft is maxed on mods and in a flight of 2 as well. This is an issue I'm not sure can be solved. Edit: On second thought maybe a much lower altitude ban along with speed reduction would go far to solving this. Edit: One of the things you can do is add more hit points to the AA to make up for a lower altitude and speed.

Edited by Topsight, 11 November 2016 - 08:17 PM.

DInk_Spinkley #3 Posted 11 November 2016 - 07:53 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

Someone got the bad login token besides me...Hooray.

AAAaand I just had a one to one where the other side lost 0 planes and all my bots where gone in under a minute......really?

Edited by DInk_Spinkley, 11 November 2016 - 07:57 PM.

RIP World of Warplanes

MARS_REVENANT #4 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:01 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTopsight, on 11 November 2016 - 02:49 PM, said:

There is some merit to your points. A number of them flight and play fighter pilot going after bot fighters and stay in them while racking points. In fact there are those that it is all they do, play fighter pilot in an AA knowing full well they are hard to kill, especially if the aircraft is maxed on mods and in a flight of 2 as well. This is an issue I'm not sure can be solved. Edit: On second thought maybe a much lower altitude ban along with speed reduction would go far to solving this.

Also those guys that just stay high until 3/4 way through battle.  Do you have any issues with those guys?

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

I never lose; either I win or I learn.

TWITCH  |  YOUTUBE  |  FACEBOOK  |  TWITTER

Chuck_norris10 #5 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2286 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
So if these flighted guys are on your side does that mean you will scoop a win?

Topsight #6 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:20 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 November 2016 - 03:01 PM, said:

Also those guys that just stay high until 3/4 way through battle.  Do you have any issues with those guys?

Not really given the altitude band is made for these aircraft, due to much lower HP than GA and firepower. These Heavy Fighters are made for that altitude band. They operate from higher altitude for a reason while AA are strictly not made for dogfighting, especially the IL-10 and IL-10M and Me 265.

Edited by Topsight, 11 November 2016 - 08:22 PM.

MARS_REVENANT #7 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:21 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostChuck_norris10, on 11 November 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

In order for a flight to be on your side there would need to be either a flight on the enemy side or at least 3 other live players on the enemy team.

The problem is MM is still making small live vs live matches, at high tiers it is usually 1 vs 1, or 2 vs 2 live players with bot infill.  So a flight will most likely end up against you as you will either be a single player 2 vs 1, or be paired with another single player in a 2 vs 2 battle.

1.9.x Forum Stats: Colonel; Member; 34638 battles; 7,526 message_img.pngMember since: 11-03-2014

MARS_REVENANT #8 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:22 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTopsight, on 11 November 2016 - 03:20 PM, said:

Not really given the altitude band is made for these aircraft, due to much lower HP than GA and firepower. These Heavy Fighters are made for that altitude band.

And the LF, are they made to match the altitude band of HF?

Topsight #9 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:29 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

View PostMARS_REVENANT, on 11 November 2016 - 03:22 PM, said:

And the LF, are they made to match the altitude band of HF?

No and that reason is because they can out turn the HF very easily and this is why they don't have that same altitude band as heavy fighters of which are not close in dogfight aircraft.

MARS_REVENANT #10 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:36 PM

Colonel

• Community Ace
  • 5675 battles
  • [WG-CA] WG-CA

View PostTopsight, on 11 November 2016 - 03:29 PM, said:

No and that reason is because they can out turn the HF very easily and this is why they don't have that same altitude band as heavy fighters of which are not close in dogfight aircraft.

So think about that and apply that same logic to the GA situation.

Marraskuu #11 Posted 11 November 2016 - 08:41 PM

• 11881 battles

View PostChuck_norris10, on 11 November 2016 - 03:10 PM, said:

This I appreciate. I can go have a sandwich. 

Han shot first.

EspressoForHammy #12 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:11 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

View PostBuffaloTime, on 11 November 2016 - 03:41 PM, said:

This I appreciate. I can go have a sandwich. 

Do you have a sandwich every time you appreciate something?

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

SOJO #13 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:13 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostCdn_Avro, on 11 November 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

Ghostprime the game is broken.  Since when do ground attack rule the skies?  It's only in this game.  There are a few individuals who have taken advantage of this broken mechanic and are exploiting it to no end.

These individuals flight up in these planes and as most players in this game fly fighters, multiroles or heavies these individuals will kill the bot ground attacks hit targets until it starts looking like they will lose and

proceed back to their aa.  So if u go down to kill them from the out set the bots will follow you and kill u.  If u wait after you have killed all the high flying planes you are usually lower on health and have to contend with

these individuals tail gunners and all of the AA.  Our GA were killed by them so they have full AA coverage.  Any bots that survive enter the death zone and are killed by aa or the GA's and if u did have an advantage

it is quickly erased.  Solutions?  Maybe being able to control the bots from entering the death zone and help to hit ground targets.  Make a lot more soft targets so you can keep the advantage and have less AA coverage.(1/2 of what is currently in game).  If you let these ground attack rule the game this way everyone will start flying them then we all might as well play tanks.  It is unfortunate that these people exploit the game but WG needs to repair this flaw.

I have always stipulated that the AI on the GA BOTS needs a total intelligence overhaul. Its horrendous how tactically unsound they are. Pitching up while under attack, not prioritizing AA Targets first, No defensive flying Tactics no offensive counter measures to make a difference, etc.

If Wargaming could program the common sense tactics in all AI (BOTS) based Aircraft, One problem would be solved, but it would crop up a whole new set of complaints from the WOE ALWAYS ME Crowd, The BOTS Are too OP, like three man Human Flights were TO “OP” etc... 

Good players will always employ the Tactical Advantages within their gaming environment; Good players are the minority, but the Majority of bad players who lack tactical common sense will become frustrated and revert to "IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT DOCTRINE". It's the Maze of Ignorance; Crap players will never find their way to the cheese! Being trapped in one’s own Stupidity is tragic.

Remember Super Heroes, The players did not create nor design this game - Player Adapt, Wargaming Created this mess; for several reasons, lack of Advertising, End Game Content, Clan Wars, Equal footing (parity) with World of Tanks, etc. the Bots are here because of this, We lost three man flights because of whiners etc.

Edited by SOJO, 11 November 2016 - 09:32 PM.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

EspressoForHammy #14 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
SOJO would you like a participation trophy for posting in the thread? I heard you love it when everyone gets a little something. J/K!!!! :)

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

SOJO #15 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:17 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 11 November 2016 - 04:15 PM, said:

SOJO would you like a participation trophy for posting in the thread? I heard you love it when everyone gets a little something. J/K!!!! :)

Hammy play some tonight, You always make me laugh!

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

EspressoForHammy #16 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:32 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC
I'll play some when I get my next installment of planes that need anniversaries. Maybe I'll wander into the WHAWK TS tonight. Send me the TS info in a PM; I lost it because I didn't know you had to export your contacts before you build a new PC.

SOJO #17 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:35 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 11 November 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

I'll play some when I get my next installment of planes that need anniversaries. Maybe I'll wander into the WHAWK TS tonight. Send me the TS info in a PM; I lost it because I didn't know you had to export your contacts before you build a new PC.

Sent Forum PM, You should have it.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

MelBrooks #18 Posted 11 November 2016 - 09:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 12 battles

^ I'm glad the conversation ended like this..........

Avro, people have used tactical advantages of certain planes and maps in this game since day one. Correct one issue, and two more will emerge. The dual GA is never really an issue except when you see people doing it over and over again, hours on end. Then, I think it is absolutely fair and rather deserving to raise some pointed questions and observations............

hvPALANTIRION #19 Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 51 battles
  • [HV] HV

Both HF and GA are planes that people cry are OP. But the truth is that only actually skilled players can use these planes to their full potential.

I've been lucky enough to be tutored by the top NA server players in B&Z, GA and the evil little J8M. I've gotten a hell of a lot better in those planes than I used to be - enough to sway matches and exploit the planes' advantages, but still no where near as good as those players. Point is: The losers cry "OP" (I know, I've felt that way too) because they are losing, and the winners say "get better" because they know how to best use the plane (which I now understand).

Both sides are wrong, because both are extreme solutions. Many bad players simply aren't going to get better, even if we try tutoring them. Conversely if you change the game for every whiner true balance will go out the window and the game will be broken.

This IS a tough game, with a steep learning curve. I have friends who have played it and left for this reason. But that IS the nature of air combat - things happen quickly and 1 poor decision makes you dead. WOWP should stay true to its roots: A quasi-simulator that emulates the feeling and style of air combat while leaving out enough details that the gameplay is accessible for anyone.

Now, why does WOT succeed and WOWP doesn't?

1) I play both, and WOWP has a FAR more pleasant and polite player base. WOT is almost completely toxic, and I'm shocked that don't drive players away.

2) But WOT is fun and despite 2-teir-spread matchups you usually are in a position where you can figure out how to be at least somewhat effective. I think in large part this is because the pace of the game is slow, giving players more time to think and react. WOWP is lightning fast by comparison.

3) WOT, in the US anyway, is more stable when it comes to updates. And WOT has more new content per update. WOWP has done a lot over the years, through management decisions, to drive players away.

4) Clan wars.

If we get more humans into matches many of the HF and GA OP tactics (especially in flights!) will be negated. More humans = better for everyone.

Topsight #20 Posted 11 November 2016 - 10:21 PM

First Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-
As for myself I'm not crying I do quite well and think the OP has a good point.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users