attack useless team

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

DInk_Spinkley #41 Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:51 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 10915 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostSnoticus, on 07 November 2016 - 07:02 PM, said:

show YOUR aces in ANY ground attackers WITH video as i can provide to prove MY point or SHUT UP!

I got an ace in my Il-40P. WIsh I had kept the replay, because 3 kill were with forward guns.
My wife said if I can make money playing video games, she'd leave me alone, so....

BrushWolf #42 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:04 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10628 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostTexthor, on 07 November 2016 - 06:00 PM, said:

It truly takes NO skill......

View PostSnoticus, on 07 November 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

show YOUR aces in ANY ground attackers WITH video as i can provide to prove MY point or SHUT UP!

Texthor, you keep saying this and it is far past time for you to prove it.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

CaptStorm #43 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:10 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6830 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCrazyHeinz, on 05 November 2016 - 12:40 AM, said:

"Getting useless teams when flying attack planes"

There's your problem. Your attitude!!!  Its the way you talk to someone.

Lydia talk to him the way a person should. To explain why and how to play better. He will read and understand and not get mad. He ask cause he did not understand. What he understand now is most of you are not worth talking to.

you attack someone cause he post something that he will get as he gets better and exchanges ideas with better players. All he gets now is your a bunch of worthless crap.

Yea he showed he was upset!!!  He wants to win. He was thinking hey i am killing targets on the ground I am doing what i was thinking was right and i am not winning. he wants to play!! he ask you the better game players  how?? So you show him  all the great warm and understanding that we want new players to get.

WRONG you bunch of keyboard junks show just how you treat people.

Lydia thank you for being you please contact him 1 on 1 and explain how he can do better and tell him to keep playing and to forget these bad guys.

O and the players who came and posted after I read and were helpfull to the new guy this is not about you. It seems there are a lot of us who do care how to help someone new . I am sorry this post will not mean you.  NOW THE ONES WHO and you know who you are, get stuffed.

Edited by CaptStorm, 08 November 2016 - 04:15 PM.

CaptStorm #44 Posted 08 November 2016 - 04:20 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6830 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 06 November 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

Hey Anzac, noticed you're having some trouble with the Kanonenvogel, thought I'd offer up a few things.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47006-junkers-ju87g-stuka-revisiting-the-kanonenvogel/

That's the thread on the Guides subforum where I posted up a video guide for this aircraft.  The Stuka G was chosen for this because of how differently it must be used from its aircraft class alone in order to deliver best results.  First off, you need a skilled crew to increase the accuracy of those guns.  That helps you out a lot with hitting ground targets and aircraft.  There's a lot of other stuff that I go over in the video.  You're correct in thinking it's your job to eliminate enemy attack aircraft; that's absolutely the case.  Don't hesitate to take shots at good targets that are flying in straight lines.  It takes forever for your shots to get to target, sometimes as long as two seconds.

As for how your team gets wiped out leaving you standing alone?  That's something we've all seen, and it happens.  It's an outcome you have to factor in, and it's very difficult to overcome, but if any aircraft can take on 8 to 1 odds and beat it...it's the attackers, so long as the opponents are all bots and you know enough about how they fly to take them down while avoiding or minimizing the damage you take in return.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

Thanks Magus for helping him the right way and your skill is showing how to do that. I am awed by your skill and style. thanks for helping.

dityboycom #45 Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:43 PM

Colonel

• 10139 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostAnzacA1, on 04 November 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

Hey guys, just something I've been wanting to let out for a while:

I hate how whenever I play as an attack aircraft, my team seems to have no clue how to fight properly. I'll be doing my job, destroying enemy ground targets, then I look up and see that we've only shot down 3 enemy planes, while we only have 4 left including me, and none of them have done anything. Worst case scenario, I end up as the last hope, in which case I usually decide to crash, since there's nothing else I can do. Have you guys experienced the same problem?

Just stop flying GAA planes, or fly them as they're not intended and get no exp.

WOW

CrazyHeinz #46 Posted 08 November 2016 - 07:12 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9383 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCaptStorm, on 08 November 2016 - 11:10 AM, said:

TL; DR

A player who crashes as he loses isn't worth helping. He didn't ask for help, he just whined. If he asked, most here would offer advice. Not this guy.

Edited by CrazyHeinz, 08 November 2016 - 07:12 PM.

CaptStorm #47 Posted 08 November 2016 - 09:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6830 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostCrazyHeinz, on 08 November 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

A player who crashes as he loses isn't worth helping. He didn't ask for help, he just whined. If he asked, most here would offer advice. Not this guy.

And not by you.

CrazyHeinz #48 Posted 09 November 2016 - 12:15 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9383 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCaptStorm, on 08 November 2016 - 04:26 PM, said:

And not by you.

The plural of anecdote is not data.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47191-elite-status-not-showing/page__p__662850__hl__+crazyheinz#entry662850

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/46822-looking-for-a-tier-8-premium/page__p__658210__hl__crazyheinz#entry658210

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/46773-team-battle-stats-gone/page__p__658056__hl__crazyheinz#entry658056

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/46574-wanted-an-opinion-from-the-veteran-pilots/page__p__655413__hl__crazyheinz#entry655413

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/46395-any-reviews-on-the-new-japan-premium-plane/page__p__653793__hl__crazyheinz#entry653793

Edited by CrazyHeinz, 09 November 2016 - 12:20 AM.

CaptStorm #49 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:45 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6830 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

picking on new players here just gets them mad. to make someone feel bad is wrong. We leave a record here of our words  for other new players to read and see how we treat new players.

its all ways the same people who do this treating the warnings like badges.  A new player comes here and is upset and looking for help and gets treated like that. We lost him or her and others who read the remarks.

We get kids here maybe some of the trolls here are kids. 13 and older with out adults leading we get what we got. our world shows kids doing things because no adult leads them.

Well adults lead the way.  it is easy to say yea other forum are worse than this one. Wow so that means its OK to treat players bad. or I got treated just like this. Do we not learn ever.Our prisons are full of that mental state of people.

The Golden Rule treat others as you would be treated.

kids make fun of this rule. till they are in prison then they cry. this one rule would keep our people out of jail and make the world a better place.

The only thing that evil needs to win is for good people to do.

NOTHING!

CaptStorm #50 Posted 09 November 2016 - 03:51 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6830 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 06 November 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

Hey Anzac, noticed you're having some trouble with the Kanonenvogel, thought I'd offer up a few things.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47006-junkers-ju87g-stuka-revisiting-the-kanonenvogel/

That's the thread on the Guides subforum where I posted up a video guide for this aircraft.  The Stuka G was chosen for this because of how differently it must be used from its aircraft class alone in order to deliver best results.  First off, you need a skilled crew to increase the accuracy of those guns.  That helps you out a lot with hitting ground targets and aircraft.  There's a lot of other stuff that I go over in the video.  You're correct in thinking it's your job to eliminate enemy attack aircraft; that's absolutely the case.  Don't hesitate to take shots at good targets that are flying in straight lines.  It takes forever for your shots to get to target, sometimes as long as two seconds.

As for how your team gets wiped out leaving you standing alone?  That's something we've all seen, and it happens.  It's an outcome you have to factor in, and it's very difficult to overcome, but if any aircraft can take on 8 to 1 odds and beat it...it's the attackers, so long as the opponents are all bots and you know enough about how they fly to take them down while avoiding or minimizing the damage you take in return.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

This is how you help someone. Great JOB. Thank you. Outstanding!!!!  Semper FI!!

Edited by CaptStorm, 09 November 2016 - 03:53 AM.

AnzacA1 #51 Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

Master Sergeant

• 787 battles

View PostCaptStorm, on 09 November 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

picking on new players here just gets them mad. to make someone feel bad is wrong. We leave a record here of our words  for other new players to read and see how we treat new players.

its all ways the same people who do this treating the warnings like badges.  A new player comes here and is upset and looking for help and gets treated like that. We lost him or her and others who read the remarks.

We get kids here maybe some of the trolls here are kids. 13 and older with out adults leading we get what we got. our world shows kids doing things because no adult leads them.

Well adults lead the way.  it is easy to say yea other forum are worse than this one. Wow so that means its OK to treat players bad. or I got treated just like this. Do we not learn ever.Our prisons are full of that mental state of people.

The Golden Rule treat others as you would be treated.

kids make fun of this rule. till they are in prison then they cry. this one rule would keep our people out of jail and make the world a better place.

The only thing that evil needs to win is for good people to do.

NOTHING!

Thank you.

AnzacA1 #52 Posted 10 November 2016 - 08:47 PM

Master Sergeant

• 787 battles

View PostCrazyHeinz, on 08 November 2016 - 07:12 PM, said:

I ALWAYS ask for help if I feel I need it, but no one ever responds. In those situations, if I'm outnumbered massively, I can deal with it if they're spread out, and I can engage them one on one. But usually they're in a group and all attack together, in which case there's nothing I can do.

losttwo #53 Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:31 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostAnzacA1, on 10 November 2016 - 03:47 PM, said:

I ALWAYS ask for help if I feel I need it, but no one ever responds. In those situations, if I'm outnumbered massively, I can deal with it if they're spread out, and I can engage them one on one. But usually they're in a group and all attack together, in which case there's nothing I can do.

He is not speaking about asking for help during a match.

He is speaking about asking for help learning to fly the planes and play the game.

Meanwhile on the other side of the political spectrum.

How about some Fishing for the IL kills

Bobby_Tables #54 Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:12 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 22892 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
You Lost me there, twice. 

EspressoForHammy #55 Posted 11 November 2016 - 01:05 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4979 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Really? I think you're wrong. How am I responsible when my teammates get shot down without doing any damage, let alone actually shooting someone down?

Allow me to paint you a scenario. Let's say you and I decided to play WoWP randomly one day about the same time. I select a P-40 as my aircraft, and unbeknownst to me, you select an IL-2. We both hit battle, and the game matches us up.

On your side you face nine bots, and me. Two of the nine bots are GAs, and you already know that they'll both be easy for you to kill. The game outcome looks good to you, because you feel like you'll be doing your part. You already know the enemy GA will barely get any supremacy points, because you'll shoot them down first, so you've removed almost entirely the chance that your team will lose to supremacy.

Here's what you don't see. On my side I face nine bots, and you. This is the easiest scenario I could ever hope for. All I have to do is kill all nine bots (incredibly easy) and then find you. There won't be ANY unpredictability in my battle whatsoever. I already know how to kill all the bots while barely taking any damage, and I also know to keep an eye on my GA and my ground targets so I know where you are at all times. I also know that once I finish off the bots I'll be diving, which means tons of airspeed to get to any part of the map I need to, even the farthest corners. I can easily get 5-7 kills in the match, and I already know I won.

MORAL: Currently attack aircraft have the lowest survivability that they've ever had during the lifetime of the game. Pretty much the only way to win in them is to play tier 8+, know what you are doing, and flight up with someone else.

Edited by EspressoForHammy, 11 November 2016 - 01:05 PM.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

mnbv_fockewulfe #56 Posted 11 November 2016 - 02:03 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 4268 battles
  • [JACS] JACS
I've got a pretty good replay from 1.7 saved that pretty much shows the opposite of what you described. I should upload it to youtube one of these days. But then again, that was a totally different era of the game. :bajan:

Dat nose

knows does doe

mnbv_fockewulfe.png

CaptStorm #57 Posted 12 November 2016 - 10:20 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6830 battles
  • [OWSS] OWSS

I think the reason you find your self alone is GAs are left alone till the end . We kill the fighters and Heavy fighters 1st. then go after the GAs.  So in truth your left alive because the Heavy and light fighters paid for your time by their death.

When they all died we came after you the low slow target. maybe you saw a friend plane dive by you w a red plane on his tail ? he was hoping you would shoot the red plane off his tail with your big gun?

during  the start when we are doing a head on pass  big guns can do a hell of a lot of killing red planes coming right at us. breaks up groups and as they turn away we can get on their tails. say you go after a red fighter who is low and he turns on you he gets busy on you I get on his tail  if he tries to get me you are on him and now he is between us both. trapped. And I would like the GAs to kill all the AA guns in my area  1st so i can go in there and not get shot up by red aa guns but most of the GAs just attack 1 target till its dead then fly on to the next and all the time he takes hits from the aa guns and I can not go in there cause i have lower hit points . if he flew from target to target killing the aa guns 1st so then he could finish the targets with no aa guns in the area I could come in and cover him.  well good luck

Tru3insanity #58 Posted 28 November 2016 - 10:00 AM

Senior Airman

• 3141 battles
Im from the primeval times when there was.......... 15 REAL PEOPLE ON THE ENEMY TEAM!!!!!! GASP!!!!!!!!!! and i....... STILL have aces in an IL-10 (german GAs didnt exist) and even tnbed a TA huckbein (tier 9) to death lol. Amuses me that long after the game has died people still gloat about stats and rage about "teammates" Im lurking here cuz im bored and i miss these peeps and pop in every now and then to see if anything has changed. Hope i guess. Hope for the game i once loved.

Agnotology #59 Posted 28 November 2016 - 11:00 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 6666 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
Anzac, you are playing a plane that has the smallest ability to affect the outcome of a game, and you are complaining that the other players and bots aren't doing enough? Do you honestly not see the logical fallacy there?

Sigifrid #60 Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:52 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9079 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Sigh...I guess Attack planes continue to get a bad rap.  It is a pity that they get somewhat penalized for playing smart (downing low flyers, rocketing the opposing IL) rather than just ground pounding.

Word of advice to OP: If you end up as last person left and the supremacy favors you, stay low and away from any targets (if no GAA left).  Otherwise, be ready to nose up into the incoming fighters, at least for the initial pass.  Who knows, you might get a lucky rocket kill.

@the GAA haters:I haven't really been around recently so I may have missed a few things, but a properly handled GAA can (could) devastate an air fight.  This takes (took) a LOT of skill to do though, as most times the enemy has enough firepower/engine speed to bleed the hp pool, or they knew the proper approach angles to minimize their exposure to TG fire.

"I am a leaf on the wind...See how I soar"
"It is the man who makes the impossible possible that succeeds in business...and war"

Also tagged with attack, useless, team

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users