Getting useless teams when flying attack planes

attack useless team

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

AnzacA1 #21 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:55 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 06 November 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Keep acting defensive when people are trying to help give you advice and see how well that goes for you.

One battle is not statistically relevant. Yes, things go bad, but you have barely any experience in this game yet. If it bothers you so much, try a different aircraft.

And like I said, so many battles I see 1 or more teammates crash, just when we really don't need that happening.

Dsembr_Rein #22 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:58 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 107 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Can't don't have enough hangar space. My point is that you guys are attacking what I say, as if I control what my team does. The number of times I see that everyone has just grouped together in one place is ridiculous. That's just making the other team's job easier.

No, you can't control what your team does, you control what you do. GA excel at shooting stationary targets that barely shoot back, but they can also shoot at planes. You're not going to get the hang of it right away, so it's pointless to consider a handful of battles this early in your experience indicative of how the game will go for you in the long run.

MagusGerhardt #23 Posted 06 November 2016 - 02:41 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 187 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Hey Anzac, noticed you're having some trouble with the Kanonenvogel, thought I'd offer up a few things.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47006-junkers-ju87g-stuka-revisiting-the-kanonenvogel/

That's the thread on the Guides subforum where I posted up a video guide for this aircraft.  The Stuka G was chosen for this because of how differently it must be used from its aircraft class alone in order to deliver best results.  First off, you need a skilled crew to increase the accuracy of those guns.  That helps you out a lot with hitting ground targets and aircraft.  There's a lot of other stuff that I go over in the video.  You're correct in thinking it's your job to eliminate enemy attack aircraft; that's absolutely the case.  Don't hesitate to take shots at good targets that are flying in straight lines.  It takes forever for your shots to get to target, sometimes as long as two seconds.

As for how your team gets wiped out leaving you standing alone?  That's something we've all seen, and it happens.  It's an outcome you have to factor in, and it's very difficult to overcome, but if any aircraft can take on 8 to 1 odds and beat it...it's the attackers, so long as the opponents are all bots and you know enough about how they fly to take them down while avoiding or minimizing the damage you take in return.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

losttwo #24 Posted 06 November 2016 - 03:28 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 0 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCrazyHeinz, on 04 November 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

"Getting useless teams when flying attack planes"

There's your problem. Your attitude.

View Postlosttwo, on 04 November 2016 - 08:16 PM, said:

Precisely.

It is not the teams but how you are flying your plane.

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Really? I think you're wrong. How am I responsible when my teammates get shot down without doing any damage, let alone actually shooting someone down?

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Can't, don't have enough hangar space. My point is that you guys are attacking what I say, as if I control what my team does. The number of times I see that everyone has just grouped together in one place is ridiculous. That's just making the other team's job easier.

PS: I know one battle isn't statistically relevant, I'm just giving an example of what often happens for me.

This has not been a team game since the introduction of BOTS.

This is a single player game.

It is you against all the red on the other side. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

When you learn to fly your plane correctly you will win at least 60% of your matches.

AnzacA1 #25 Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:40 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 06 November 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Keep acting defensive when people are trying to help give you advice and see how well that goes for you.

One battle is not statistically relevant. Yes, things go bad, but you have barely any experience in this game yet. If it bothers you so much, try a different aircraft.

The thing is, this happens no matter what plane I use. By the end, only about 4-5 people on the team have actually received any points, meaning that the rest haven't done a damn thing! It doesn't matter how well I play, I'm only one player. If half the team doesn't even try, of course we'll lose.

AnzacA1 #26 Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:41 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 06 November 2016 - 03:28 AM, said:

This has not been a team game since the introduction of BOTS.

This is a single player game.

It is you against all the red on the other side. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

When you learn to fly your plane correctly you will win at least 60% of your matches.

Get rid of bots, they're a stupid idea.

AnzacA1 #27 Posted 06 November 2016 - 06:42 AM

Master Sergeant

• 178 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 06 November 2016 - 01:58 AM, said:

No, you can't control what your team does, you control what you do. GA excel at shooting stationary targets that barely shoot back, but they can also shoot at planes. You're not going to get the hang of it right away, so it's pointless to consider a handful of battles this early in your experience indicative of how the game will go for you in the long run.

I've had plenty of battles in the Ju87 where I've managed to kill a few planes, but what I always find is that only myself and 2-3 others have actually received any points. Most of team, by the time they're shot down, have done almost nothing.

pyantoryng #28 Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:25 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 515 battles

View PostAnzacA1, on 06 November 2016 - 06:41 AM, said:

...while waiting for tens of minute for one match or constantly having micro-matches is a smart idea?

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

DInk_Spinkley #29 Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:59 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 0 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
The one flying the GA is generally the one who is useless. It sounds like you are expecting to be carried. Learn to fly fighters soon. I'm sorry I wasted time on GAs at all.

Edited by DInk_Spinkley, 06 November 2016 - 09:09 AM.

RIP World of Warplanes

Chuck_norris10 #30 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:18 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 1 battle
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 November 2016 - 07:41 PM, said:

Hey Anzac, noticed you're having some trouble with the Kanonenvogel, thought I'd offer up a few things.

http://forum.worldofwarplanes.com/index.php?/topic/47006-junkers-ju87g-stuka-revisiting-the-kanonenvogel/

That's the thread on the Guides subforum where I posted up a video guide for this aircraft.  The Stuka G was chosen for this because of how differently it must be used from its aircraft class alone in order to deliver best results.  First off, you need a skilled crew to increase the accuracy of those guns.  That helps you out a lot with hitting ground targets and aircraft.  There's a lot of other stuff that I go over in the video.  You're correct in thinking it's your job to eliminate enemy attack aircraft; that's absolutely the case.  Don't hesitate to take shots at good targets that are flying in straight lines.  It takes forever for your shots to get to target, sometimes as long as two seconds.

As for how your team gets wiped out leaving you standing alone?  That's something we've all seen, and it happens.  It's an outcome you have to factor in, and it's very difficult to overcome, but if any aircraft can take on 8 to 1 odds and beat it...it's the attackers, so long as the opponents are all bots and you know enough about how they fly to take them down while avoiding or minimizing the damage you take in return.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

Best guide on the 87 I have ever seen and spot on.I was ready to give up on mine but the cannons impressed me being able to one shot planes out of the sky so I asked lots of questions and learned most of this the hard way.The guns are like rocket launchers,they can take out a heavily armoured GA or fighter with a couple direct hits but getting shots to land takes a whack of practice.

Diving out of the heavens at over 780 kph onto a friendly target field where the il's hunt can be very profitable if you find one,get close,use sniper mode and make every shot count and then get the hell out of there and back up to altitude and try again.

Master as many shooting skills as you can as it can be very frustrating trying to get kill shots with this plane at first but the satisfaction of watching an il disintegrate with a couple shots is worth it.

Also,when you see 87's and 88's farming targets they become easy prey flying slowly so as not to overfly the targets.Boom and zooms work good on them as they dont have the speed to follow you back up.

This is now one of my favourite planes and I just figured out most of the tricks mentioned in your video a while ago.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH #31 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:57 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostAnzacA1, on 04 November 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Hey guys, just something I've been wanting to let out for a while:

I hate how whenever I play as an attack aircraft, my team seems to have no clue how to fight properly. I'll be doing my job, destroying enemy ground targets, then I look up and see that we've only shot down 3 enemy planes, while we only have 4 left including me, and none of them have done anything. Worst case scenario, I end up as the last hope, in which case I usually decide to crash, since there's nothing else I can do. Have you guys experienced the same problem?

Yes It's called Playing with Idiots - Remember -  It's Free to Play, But, Like I have always stated "It's Free for anyone to Play, and I mean anyone" Bad player's will always be the majority, Good player's the minority - i.e. Lots of Sheep, Few Lions.

MALICE_AT_BIRTH.png

Psicko23 #32 Posted 06 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

First Lieutenant

• 14 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

you must have missed the debacle that was 1.5-1.8. In 1.5 they changed the game dramatically and a bunch of people left. In 1.6 they tried making a fair balanced mm which resulted in a 15 to 20 minute wait for a 1v1 even when there was 20 people in the same tier as you waiting in queue, 15 in the tier below and about 20 or so in the tier above. It took them about 3 months to fix it. they gave us an MM specifically for the NA server which gave us a minimum of 3v3 after a short wait. Unfortunately they made it so all matches were 3v3 even when we had enough people in queue for a 7vs7. Around the middle of 1.8 they started having bigger games than 3v3. Because of all the screw ups they did,  Persha decided to add bots due to low population. The bots are still bots, but they are better than when they first came out. I have seen humans do the same exact thing that bots have done with one exception. I have never seen a human not shoot an enemy plane that was in their sights. I have seen bots that have had enemy planes (both humans and bots) in their sights and not pull the trigger. 

I would rather have 15 vs 15 all humans, but I never want to go back to the 1v1 humans only with a 20 minute plus wait. Persha has to do something extraordinary to get population back. They had a good event to get people back, but they messed up by following it with a memory leak that caused crashing to desk top. The memory leak was the fastest I've seen Persha fix something. 

in this latest iteration of bots, one human is in control of where the bots go, and v they follow one of the human. If there is more than one human on your team, and one of them is not in a ga, they will follow the non ga. If you are the only human and in a ga, the bots will follow you. use this to your advantage. don't rush in to kill ground targets right away. help your bots get better positioning. 

Edited by Psicko23, 06 November 2016 - 07:24 PM.

Vanize #33 Posted 07 November 2016 - 08:44 PM

• 0 battles

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

The number of times I see that everyone has just grouped together in one place is ridiculous. That's just making the other team's job easier.

i know this doesn't answer your original post, but i will say that you WANT your light-, multiroll-, and heavy-fighters grouped up. concentrated firepower is far better than dispersed. if your planes are spread out and they meet a tightly grouped enemy, the tightly grouped enemy will make quick work as your spread out fighters dribble into their airplane eating cluster. if you see your aircraft spread out just before first contact, you can rely on that being a loss.

Dsembr_Rein #34 Posted 07 November 2016 - 09:34 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 107 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostVanize, on 07 November 2016 - 03:44 PM, said:

i know this doesn't answer your original post, but i will say that you WANT your light-, multiroll-, and heavy-fighters grouped up. concentrated firepower is far better than dispersed. if your planes are spread out and they meet a tightly grouped enemy, the tightly grouped enemy will make quick work as your spread out fighters dribble into their airplane eating cluster. if you see your aircraft spread out just before first contact, you can rely on that being a loss.

Same thing happens when a team decides to "circle the wagons" and fly in circles around their spawn point. The enemy team, with plenty of time to group up, comes across your rotating swarm where half the planes aren't pointed in the right direction and you get slaughtered, AA be damned.

Edited by Dsembr_Rein, 07 November 2016 - 09:35 PM.

Snoticus #35 Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:54 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostAnzacA1, on 06 November 2016 - 01:41 AM, said:

three things to remember in a ga....you are not SOLELY after ground targets...take on low flying planes. you CAN support your team IF you dont g half way across the dam map AWAY from the team...3..if i can get 4 aces in a tsh-3..so WITHOUT a single ground target destroyed..AND carry the team...so can you. 
tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Texthor #36 Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:00 AM

• 7 battles

View PostSnoticus, on 07 November 2016 - 05:54 PM, said:

three things to remember in a ga....you are not SOLELY after ground targets...take on low flying planes. you CAN support your team IF you dont g half way across the dam map AWAY from the team...3..if i can get 4 aces in a tsh-3..so WITHOUT a single ground target destroyed..AND carry the team...so can you.

It truly takes NO skill......

Snoticus #37 Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:02 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
  • [SF] SF

View PostTexthor, on 07 November 2016 - 07:00 PM, said:

It truly takes NO skill......

show YOUR aces in ANY ground attackers WITH video as i can provide to prove MY point or SHUT UP!

tlhIngan maH! Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam!

Texthor #38 Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:50 AM

• 7 battles

View PostSnoticus, on 07 November 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

show YOUR aces in ANY ground attackers WITH video as i can provide to prove MY point or SHUT UP!

Obtained all my 440 aces in light fighters with light guns.   199 were well before bots and I did it the hard way, not in a flying tank, that should not be making ace so easily.......soon, you will learn, boasting of getting an ace in a flying tank means absolutley nothing.

Quesnel #39 Posted 08 November 2016 - 01:44 AM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 49 battles

View PostTexthor, on 08 November 2016 - 12:50 AM, said:

Obtained all my 440 aces in light fighters with light guns.   199 were well before bots and I did it the hard way,

not in a flying tank, that should not be making ace so easily.......

soon, you will learn, boasting of getting an ace in a flying tank means absolutley nothing.

Let's see here, you flew a "no skill" IL for one whole battle, neither an Ace nor a win....

However, I do give you credit for not playing your broken record comment, at least once and said something with substance....

View PostTexthor, on 31 October 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

In response.....I think even you would agree.....If I were to bring a 4 year old child to my lpatop.....the one plane they could handle and suvive the longest in would be the Mighty IL.   As far as derogatory remarks to other players goes......If I were attacking ALL GA PILOTs (humans), I would be remarking about every GA plane they fly in and would single out every one of you every time.  Instead, on occasion, especailly when they make ACE (not what they are meant for), I express my displeasure with the # 1  plane supported by WoW,  aka World of Flying Tanks.  They are a Russian company, so comrad, why not support and enhance the hero plane of the motherland.   Currently, there are NO saferooms for the pilots of this game....the only place to express what I truly think is a ridiculous gaming plane, is on the forum and I don't mind having a civil debate with civil players like your self (somtimes LOL) about my beliefs.    Otherwise, I just ingnor the other reponses.     IT IS ONLY THE PLANE I DISLIKE......end of story

I can even appreciate your point of view here, but it doesn't justify going around and making yourself look foolish by banging on your broken drum after all this time. You don't like IL's, we all get that, but don't cheapen the accomplishments by the other players that even YOU could achieve in yours.

Edited by Quesnel, 08 November 2016 - 01:50 AM.

Rosebud #40 Posted 08 November 2016 - 05:46 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 7 battles
  • [SICK] SICK

View PostAnzacA1, on 04 November 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Hey guys, just something I've been wanting to let out for a while:

I hate how whenever I play as an attack aircraft, my team seems to have no clue how to fight properly. I'll be doing my job, destroying enemy ground targets, then I look up and see that we've only shot down 3 enemy planes, while we only have 4 left including me, and none of them have done anything. Worst case scenario, I end up as the last hope, in which case I usually decide to crash, since there's nothing else I can do. Have you guys experienced the same problem?

There are a few things in this post that are irksome.

1) 450+ games...no where near enough to formulate an opinion. mainly because you don't have the experience to know what should be happening and what part you should be playing...which leads to part two.

2) The "I'll be doing my job" part. Nothing bothers me more then some guys with the attitude that hitting ground targets is his job and nothing else. Your job is to win. Many, many battles require you to operate outside you comfort zone. If you aren't ready to dogfight, than you're just a waste of space. Which brings me to point three.

3) "in which case I usually decide to crash​" this. If you crash on purpose, because the odds are bleak, do not ever expect to have mine or anyone else's respect. You don't even know if that game couldn't be won...because you quit. We all face overwhelming odds from time to time, but if you win just one time, just once, it's worth it.

So yea, I've experienced the same problems, just not for any of the reasons you stated.

Also tagged with attack, useless, team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users