• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

EspressoForHammy #61 Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4962 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostSigifrid, on 28 November 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Word of advice to OP: If you end up as last person left and the supremacy favors you, stay low and away from any targets (if no GAA left).

This doesn't work anymore. The bots know where to find you no matter where you go.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

- A55 BOTlistic Commie (Both quotes!)

Texthor #62 Posted 29 November 2016 - 02:38 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26599 battles

View PostQuesnel, on 07 November 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

Let's see here, you flew a "no skill" IL for one whole battle, neither an Ace nor a win....

However, I do give you credit for not playing your broken record comment, at least once and said something with substance....

I can even appreciate your point of view here, but it doesn't justify going around and making yourself look foolish by banging on your broken drum after all this time. You don't like IL's, we all get that, but don't cheapen the accomplishments by the other players that even YOU could achieve in yours.

have noticed a sharp increase in the GA  bots (especially the Mighty IL) chasing fighters and attacking planes instead of what they are meant to do......which is take out easy stationary targets for a large amount of points.  World of Flying Tanks truly is the CORRECT name !!!!

Quesnel #63 Posted 29 November 2016 - 11:39 PM

Open Beta Survivor

• Community Ace
  • 12635 battles

View PostTexthor, on 29 November 2016 - 02:38 PM, said:

have noticed a sharp increase in the GA  bots (especially the Mighty IL) chasing fighters and attacking planes instead of what they are meant to do......which is take out easy stationary targets for a large amount of points.  World of Flying Tanks truly is the CORRECT name !!!!

Welp, I guess you better keep taking on those "never die" tail gunners, flying your Fighters with light guns, since that is where the skill truly is? Don't forget to keep on with your mantra, complaining about....nevermind, I am just done with you.

Edited by Quesnel, 30 November 2016 - 02:47 AM.

Desper935 #64 Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:05 PM

Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 5 battles

If you want to see how not to be useless as GAA check my videos with IL10M, I quess there are some aces too. https://www.youtube....4-mJ3x8BpnXWumA

I have 69% wr with GAA all solo. The point of succes is to ignore ground targets, becouse it won't win you anything really, you have sometimes kill some GTs to keep supremacy but your main focus should be planes.

BrushWolf #65 Posted 03 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10465 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostSigifrid, on 28 November 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

Word of advice to OP: If you end up as last person left and the supremacy favors you, stay low and away from any targets (if no GAA left).

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 29 November 2016 - 08:16 AM, said:

This doesn't work anymore. The bots know where to find you no matter where you go.

This, they go to your last known position and then follow your trail.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Texthor #66 Posted 03 December 2016 - 07:31 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26599 battles

View PostDesper935, on 03 December 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

If you want to see how not to be useless as GAA check my videos with IL10M, I quess there are some aces too. https://www.youtube....4-mJ3x8BpnXWumA

I have 69% wr with GAA all solo. The point of succes is to ignore ground targets, becouse it won't win you anything really, you have sometimes kill some GTs to keep supremacy but your main focus should be planes.

It truly takes NO skill........!!!!!

BrushWolf #67 Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10465 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostTexthor, on 03 December 2016 - 01:31 PM, said:

It truly takes NO skill........!!!!!

It is long past time for you to get a new stichte.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

FIight #68 Posted 03 December 2016 - 10:03 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21233 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Bots no longer track player IL positions as long as you don't deliberately reveal yourself. I've seen a player make use of this tactic on multiple occasion on a lockdown win with a 1099.

Kill 2 non-resistant bot GA, get some ground points with 2 or 3 bombs (that's 50 + GT points) , while saving a bomb for a crucial last moment bomb reset.  Stay remotely close to a major reset (warship or 16 points target)

While the enemy bar is nearly full, dump a bomb, get a reset.

When you get the reset, your bar will likely be much close to victory compare to the enemy's.

Run away. Cruise at high speed and run away. Most planes would not be able to catch you in a 1099, if you go about at very low altitude, you might even avoid getting spotted and wasting more time. Thus a Supremacy Win.

Basically a win every round if executed correctly.

Edited by FIight, 03 December 2016 - 10:06 PM.

BrushWolf #69 Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:04 AM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10465 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Try reversing course when hiding like that. My experience when I have had to turn back because I was going to run into more enemies the enemy fighters were right behind me.

Russian Proverb

Cleffy #70 Posted 06 December 2016 - 06:47 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 3014 battles
The problem I find with GA is player skill based mm. When a good player gets into a GA they are weighted like they are a fighter despite not engaging in air superiority. So if you are a good player, chances are you will find your team lacking.

RedSpartacus #71 Posted 06 December 2016 - 08:37 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 16405 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S
The MM cannot be skill based, so many battles are lopsided. Install hryunomod and you can see what is going on.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

BrushWolf #72 Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:13 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10465 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View PostCleffy, on 06 December 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

The problem I find with GA is player skill based mm. When a good player gets into a GA they are weighted like they are a fighter despite not engaging in air superiority. So if you are a good player, chances are you will find your team lacking.

View PostRedSpartacus, on 06 December 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

The MM cannot be skill based, so many battles are lopsided. Install hryunomod and you can see what is going on.

A skill factor was put into the MM with the disastrous results in the 1.5 patch and they only admitted to it when they removed it with the introduction of bots. The only way skill can be applied without too many negative results is to sort the teams after all players have been chosen for the match.

Russian Proverb

Hartmen #73 Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

Airman Basic

• 1023 battles
  • [UNA] UNA

View PostAnzacA1, on 06 November 2016 - 01:54 AM, said:

Can't, don't have enough hangar space. My point is that you guys are attacking what I say, as if I control what my team does. The number of times I see that everyone has just grouped together in one place is ridiculous. That's just making the other team's job easier.

PS: I know one battle isn't statistically relevant, I'm just giving an example of what often happens for me.

​In case you aren't certain, most (not all, but really most) pilots that have a one word name with just the first letter capitalized (OK I'm an exception) are bots -- so they are not technically team mates.  So when you take a GA plane and go hit targets you are reducing the number of living players on your team significantly.  Do not be surprised by the results.

But I have a follow up questions... has anyone noticed that the bots seem to get "better" the higher the tier?

EspressoForHammy #74 Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4962 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostHartmen, on 12 March 2017 - 04:34 PM, said:

But I have a follow up questions... has anyone noticed that the bots seem to get "better" the higher the tier?

This is actually true. There are three skill levels of bots (Noob, Soldier, Veteran), and at the highest tiers the skills there are many more "Veteran" or highly skilled bots than any other type.

"More fun than a three-legged mouse covered in hash oil."  "This is like taking my p38 through a cloud of loose stools... watta mess."

pyantoryng #75 Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:23 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11525 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 13 March 2017 - 03:46 PM, said:

This is actually true. There are three skill levels of bots (Noob, Soldier, Veteran), and at the highest tiers the skills there are many more "Veteran" or highly skilled bots than any other type.

In an all-tier 1 match, the bots are at such a level that they could only kill each other by sheer luck even when one side is heavily outnumbered. Later on the battle between bots can flow so quickly that one team roflstomps the other...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

EspressoForHammy #76 Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4962 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Postpyantoryng, on 13 March 2017 - 02:23 PM, said:

In an all-tier 1 match, the bots are at such a level that they could only kill each other by sheer luck even when one side is heavily outnumbered.

Exactly, hence all the threads since bots with people getting Gorovets at tier 3 and crowing about it.

pyantoryng #77 Posted 15 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 11525 battles

View PostEspressoForHammy, on 15 March 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

Exactly, hence all the threads since bots with people getting Gorovets at tier 3 and crowing about it.

Dirty stuff, yes, but Gabreski's worth 250 gold a pop...

WoWP makes a great jousting game...especially with the 262 and people busy in furballs...
I am deaf, silent, and fly with unrealistic controls. Do not count on me to carry - my back's already broken from overweight.

Also tagged with attack, useless, team

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users