Getting useless teams when flying attack planes

attack useless team

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

AnzacA1 #1 Posted 04 November 2016 - 11:20 PM

Master Sergeant

• 833 battles

Hey guys, just something I've been wanting to let out for a while:

I hate how whenever I play as an attack aircraft, my team seems to have no clue how to fight properly. I'll be doing my job, destroying enemy ground targets, then I look up and see that we've only shot down 3 enemy planes, while we only have 4 left including me, and none of them have done anything. Worst case scenario, I end up as the last hope, in which case I usually decide to crash, since there's nothing else I can do. Have you guys experienced the same problem?

Dsembr_Rein #2 Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:07 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10312 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
Destroying ground targets may be the primary role of attack aircraft, but it's not their only role. If your team is losing the air battle, try helping out. You'll get less XP for shooting down other planes, but you can help sway the battle often enough that you'll see a difference. If you choose to focus only on GTs, then yeah, you're always going to be at the mercy of your team, for better or for worse.

CrazyHeinz #3 Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:40 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9390 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

"Getting useless teams when flying attack planes"

There's your problem. Your attitude.

losttwo #4 Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:16 AM

which way do we go?

• Community Ace
  • 29924 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostCrazyHeinz, on 04 November 2016 - 07:40 PM, said:

"Getting useless teams when flying attack planes"

There's your problem. Your attitude.

Precisely.

It is not the teams but how you are flying your plane.

Zigfreid #5 Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:17 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 35952 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

Ground attacks have the strongest guns in game of all planes.

Gust for fun turn around and shoot a fighter and watch how

fast he goes down, next thing you know you will be getting Aces.

And with a little practice you can drop a bomb and kill a plane on your tail.

Also there are rockets that can pluck a plane out of the sky with practice.

CrazyHeinz #6 Posted 05 November 2016 - 01:26 AM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 9390 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
The common thread here is that all the other previous posts, aside from the OP, are from players who take responsibility for their improvement and try to learn from their losses.

Chuck_norris10 #7 Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:43 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20939 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP
471 games....best get some more in you bud.

Chuck_norris10 #8 Posted 05 November 2016 - 03:45 AM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20939 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

Learn how to herd the bots.

and fly below 50 meters where no one knows your name.

Lydia_Litvak #9 Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• 11328 battles

I understand your frustration but with the GAA you've been flying you can do a lot more than take out GT's to make your battles more even. They're very effective against enemy GAA and can be a beast against enemy fighters.  Actually I think the Stuka is a poor GT plane and is much better in combat; others may disagree.

I just want to add that you shouldn't crash on purpose, you don't have to fly low and straight while fighters strafe you. You won't learn the better tactics on defense unless you keep trying. Many GAA pilots here will tell you stories of 1 against many enemy situations where they've emerged victorious outright, or at least outlasted to win on superiority. You got 6 enemy in your FW-189C once I see, I'm sure that was a fun battle for you.  I won a 1 versus 8 battle once, was so much fun. As you get to higher tiers, using your own AA is a great defense when outmanned.  Good luck!

Bobby_Tables #10 Posted 05 November 2016 - 07:05 AM

• 23817 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View PostZigfreid, on 04 November 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

In Haiku form:

GA strong guns have

For fun turn and shoot big gun

Bombs are fun to learn

Texthor #11 Posted 05 November 2016 - 12:46 PM

• 27618 battles

View PostZigfreid, on 04 November 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

It truly takes NO skill.......to win in an IL

MagusGerhardt #12 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:31 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7660 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 05 November 2016 - 05:46 AM, said:

It truly takes NO skill.......to win in an IL

View PostTexthor, on 29 October 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

unrealistic superman armor; never die, never miss zombie rear gunner; rockets; plane killing bombs; OP wing guns; now faster and more agile as a dogfighter and making ace easily................it takes NO skill

Unrealistic superman armor?  Crack open a book sometime, my man, and read about how much plating the IL series of aircraft had over all their vitals.  Never die, never miss rear gunner?  That statement proves you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about; anyone who's spent at least an hour flying a two man attack aircraft can tell you that the gunner gets injured often unless you have an optional equipment build that minimizes the chances of taking critical hits (as I display in this guide) and even then it can still happen once your aircraft is below 50% health.  I can't tell your issue with the rockets, you just say "rockets" so I guess that's simply more babbling coming out of your face-hole.  Killing a plane with bombs is now quite a bit more difficult than it once was; the shrinkage of all bomb blast radii means that a pilot must have the Expert Bomber ability to have a good chance of pulling it off.  Oh, and the guy getting bomb-killed has to be very stupid as well.

OP wing guns?  Surely you aren't serious.  Of course they are more powerful than a fighter's guns.  Compare the shell of a 37mm cannon with a 50cal bullet sometime.  That's balanced by the fact that the attacker class aircraft have the worst air handling in the game by far compared to all other classes.

Faster and more agile?  You're sniffing paint thinner.  No speed increase or maneuverability increase has been granted to these since the game came out.  In fact many attacker aircraft have been made slower as the game has aged.

It takes no skill to Ace and carry in this plane?  As before, I laugh at your premise, but I will restate:

Since everyone here can agree that you are quite unskilled, go hop in an IL, carry a match by yourself and get that Ace and I will happily eat my words.

Until you do that, stuff it.  Your one man crusade is tiresome, tedious and banal.  :P

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Chuck_norris10 #13 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:41 PM

Captain

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 20939 battles
  • [300SP] 300SP

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 05 November 2016 - 10:31 AM, said:

Since everyone here can agree that you are quite unskilled, go hop in an IL, carry a match by yourself and get that Ace and I will happily eat my words.

Until you do that, stuff it.  Your one man crusade is tiresome, tedious and banal.  :P

And let me know as I love hunting il's and can take one out with 3 direct hits from a ju87 or 88. They are very predictable,you can find them at the first friendly soft targets on the map.Pew Pew Pew..."poof"

MagusGerhardt #14 Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:56 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7660 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostChuck_norris10, on 05 November 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

And let me know as I love hunting il's and can take one out with 3 direct hits from a ju87 or 88. They are very predictable,you can find them at the first friendly soft targets on the map.Pew Pew Pew..."poof"

You got a good laugh out of me, Chuck.  Thanks.  :teethhappy:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

BrushWolf #15 Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10764 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Magus, you should probably take some aspirin for that headache you just got by banging your head against the wall of Texthor's no skill belief.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

AnzacA1 #16 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:34 AM

Master Sergeant

• 833 battles

View Postlosttwo, on 05 November 2016 - 01:16 AM, said:

Precisely.

It is not the teams but how you are flying your plane.

Really? I think you're wrong. How am I responsible when my teammates get shot down without doing any damage, let alone actually shooting someone down?

Edited by AnzacA1, 06 November 2016 - 01:49 AM.

AnzacA1 #17 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:36 AM

Master Sergeant

• 833 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 05 November 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

Destroying ground targets may be the primary role of attack aircraft, but it's not their only role. If your team is losing the air battle, try helping out. You'll get less XP for shooting down other planes, but you can help sway the battle often enough that you'll see a difference. If you choose to focus only on GTs, then yeah, you're always going to be at the mercy of your team, for better or for worse.

How is it my fault when only 1 or 2 of our fighters have shot down any planes? Or when 2 idiots on my team crash?

AnzacA1 #18 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:47 AM

Master Sergeant

• 833 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 05 November 2016 - 12:07 AM, said:

Okay, really? Just had another battle in the Ju 87, with the 37mm cannons. At the start, killed both enemy attack planes, and only 3 others on my team scored kills (1 each), while I ended up as the last plane. Explain away that!

Dsembr_Rein #19 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:50 AM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10312 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

How is it my fault when only 1 or 2 of our fighters have shot down any planes? Or when 2 idiots on my team crash?

Keep acting defensive when people are trying to help give you advice and see how well that goes for you.

View PostAnzacA1, on 05 November 2016 - 08:47 PM, said:

Okay, really? Just had another battle in the Ju 87, with the 37mm cannons. At the start, killed both enemy attack planes, and only 3 others on my team scored kills (1 each), while I ended up as the last plane. Explain away that!

One battle is not statistically relevant. Yes, things go bad, but you have barely any experience in this game yet. If it bothers you so much, try a different aircraft.

AnzacA1 #20 Posted 06 November 2016 - 01:54 AM

Master Sergeant

• 833 battles

View PostDsembr_Rein, on 06 November 2016 - 01:50 AM, said:

Keep acting defensive when people are trying to help give you advice and see how well that goes for you.

One battle is not statistically relevant. Yes, things go bad, but you have barely any experience in this game yet. If it bothers you so much, try a different aircraft.

Can't, don't have enough hangar space. My point is that you guys are attacking what I say, as if I control what my team does. The number of times I see that everyone has just grouped together in one place is ridiculous. That's just making the other team's job easier.

PS: I know one battle isn't statistically relevant, I'm just giving an example of what often happens for me.

Edited by AnzacA1, 06 November 2016 - 01:56 AM.

Also tagged with attack, useless, team

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users