IL-2t Ilyushin Guide video Review TbM

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 28 October 2016 - 11:14 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7422 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The Sturmovik is a fixture in Warplanes, starting at tier IV and all the way to tier X you will see at least one of these aircraft in every battle; sometimes flown by a bot and sometimes by a player.  In both cases you need to know what these aircraft are capable of in order to use them to gain victory or counter their effect quickly.

Here we are taking a look at the tier VI entry from the line: the IL-2t.  This aircraft is what happened when the Soviets found out that their IL pilots and ground crews had decided that they did not like their aircraft getting shot up by Zee Germans with no ability to fight back.  You see, the original IL-2 was a one man aircraft and had no gunner.  If you want to get an idea of what that miserable experience was like go fly the tier V IL-2 or the tier IV BSh-2 Sturmovik prototype.  The pilots and groundcrews defaced the initial IL-2s by cutting out a position for a man with a machine gun to sit in.  Rather than shoot all of these men for their disobedience the Soviets considered that perhaps it wasn't a good idea to send a big, slow, unmanueverable aircraft into contested skies in an attempt for the lucky ones to reach the intended targets and blow them up.  The IL-2 was redesigned with a larger crew cabin, heavier defensive armament and other improvements to increase survivability.

The result of this redesign was the IL-2t.  This is the Sturmovik of Russian legend that the Germans called "Black Death", and she was very effective in her role.  This carries over into Warplanes; at tier VI there is no better aircraft for quickly gaining a Supremacy advantage via the quick elimination of ground targets and this should be the focus of the IL-2t during Phase I of any battle.  To be clear, Phase I of a battle in Warplanes when flying the Sturmovik means from the beginning of the match until your IL-2t has run out of rockets and bombs, though Phase I can end earlier than that if the furball above drifts over where the IL-2t is target farming.

Though she turns and twirls about as well as a hippo in a tutu, the Sturmovik can get the drop on the unwary or unskilled.  Know the enemy you are trying to ambush well and stack the deck and circumstances in your favor; you may only get one chance to shoot them down or at least cripple their aircraft before they are on your tail, and then you must depend upon a competently skilled rear gunner to seal the deal.

This is the last review featuring footage from the Japanese Threat event; I must admit that I am missing the event horribly already.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Zigfreid #2 Posted 29 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 33630 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
:great:Nice very well done,Gratz on your Ace:medal:

Texthor #3 Posted 29 October 2016 - 12:27 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26606 battles
It truly takes NO skill..........

MagusGerhardt #4 Posted 29 October 2016 - 01:57 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7422 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTexthor, on 29 October 2016 - 05:27 AM, said:

It truly takes NO skill..........

To get your butt handed to you by an IL.  Only stupid people and bots get beaten by an IL like this.  If you want me to believe that it takes no skill to do what I do in an IL, Texthor, show me a replay of you doing this in one.  Then I'll believe you.  :teethhappy:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

Texthor #5 Posted 29 October 2016 - 02:39 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26606 battles

unrealistic superman armor; never die, never miss zombie rear gunner; rockets; plane killing bombs; OP wing guns; now faster and more agile as a dogfighter and making ace easily................it takes NO skill

FIight #6 Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 21233 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Magus! what's that mod you got that minimizes the planes selection at the bottom of your screen?

BTW why u no research 250kg bombs to at least elite the plane to do crew training as oppose to having extra exp sitting around that you might not convert to free?

hawkeyededic #7 Posted 29 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 2874 battles

View PostTexthor, on 29 October 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

unrealistic superman armor; never die, never miss zombie rear gunner; rockets; plane killing bombs; OP wing guns; now faster and more agile as a dogfighter and making ace easily................it takes NO skill

Thanks for the laugh, I needed a good one. Now go and actually play one and see.

They are easy to kill, bombs and tail guns are easy to avoid, simply avoid attacking them from directly behind. Also those "OP" wing guns as you put it are easy to avoid as well, just don't fly in a straight line and don't go head on with them, they are not that accurate when firing at maneuvering targets. Easy enough to do, don't even have to really think about it.

View PostFIight, on 29 October 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

Magus! what's that mod you got that minimizes the planes selection at the bottom of your screen?

BTW why u no research 250kg bombs to at least elite the plane to do crew training as oppose to having extra exp sitting around that you might not convert to free?

I don't think he has the IL-8 researched, so no elite until he can get that one researched. Also it would be trading 2 bombs for a bigger blast radius.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

MagusGerhardt #8 Posted 30 October 2016 - 12:43 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7422 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostFIight, on 29 October 2016 - 11:39 AM, said:

I run no mod that generates that effect; that's the stock hangar UI as it appears on my screen

And Hawkeye figured out why I don't have those bombs researched yet; I'm banking XP towards the IL-8 now.  When I have that bad muther researched I'll get the bombs and accelerate the IL-2t's crew training.

View PostTexthor, on 29 October 2016 - 07:39 AM, said:

Unrealistic superman armor?  Crack open a book sometime, my man, and read about how much plating the IL series of aircraft had over all their vitals.  Never die, never miss rear gunner?  That statement proves you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about; anyone who's spent at least an hour flying a two man attack aircraft can tell you that the gunner gets injured often unless you have an optional equipment build that minimizes the chances of taking critical hits (as I display in this guide) and even then it can still happen once your aircraft is below 50% health.  I can't tell your issue with the rockets, you just say "rockets" so I guess that's simply more babbling coming out of your face-hole.  Killing a plane with bombs is now quite a bit more difficult than it once was; the shrinkage of all bomb blast radii means that a pilot must have the Expert Bomber ability to have a good chance of pulling it off.  Oh, and the guy getting bomb-killed has to be very stupid as well.

OP wing guns?  Surely you aren't serious.  Of course they are more powerful than a fighter's guns.  Compare the shell of a 37mm cannon with a 50cal bullet sometime.  That's balanced by the fact that the attacker class aircraft have the worst air handling in the game by far compared to all other classes.

Faster and more agile?  You're sniffing paint thinner.  No speed increase or maneuverability increase has been granted to these since the game came out.  In fact many attacker aircraft have been made slower as the game has aged.

It takes no skill to Ace and carry in this plane?  As before, I laugh at your premise, but I will restate:

Since everyone here can agree that you are quite unskilled, go hop in an IL, carry a match by yourself and get that Ace and I will happily eat my words.

Until you do that, stuff it.  Your one man crusade is tiresome, tedious and banal.  :P

Steel_bomber_ #9 Posted 30 October 2016 - 08:16 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 15372 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

How pathetic can someone be?

I think it is a cry for attention.

Does he not see he is the only one (at least shouting it out on the forum) who can not handle an IL?  Makes you think right?

Very nicely done Magus !  :izmena:

Edited by Steel_bomber_, 30 October 2016 - 12:54 PM.

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

MagusGerhardt #10 Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:22 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7422 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostSteel_bomber_, on 30 October 2016 - 01:16 AM, said:

How pathetic can someone be?

Pathetic and persistent in equal portions, it seems.

I think it is a cry for attention.

Must be a masochist, then, because it only ever gets him negative attention.

Does he not see he is the only one (at least shouting it out on the forum) who can not handle an IL?  Makes you think right?

That's a very valid point.  Even Arthur_Dayne doesn't complain about attackers like this.

Very nicely done Magus !  :izmena:

Thanks!  Nicely done on the video or completely taking apart T-man's argument in public?  :teethhappy:

Steel_bomber_ #11 Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:27 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15372 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

On the video !!!!

:honoring:

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

Cowboyhiho #12 Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:28 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19290 battles

I refer all intrested parties to Norega's post.

Video: Wings of the Red Star the IL-2 (Texthor this one is for you!)

Noreaga #13 Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:36 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostCowboyhiho, on 30 October 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

I refer all intrested parties to Norega's post.

Video: Wings of the Red Star the IL-2 (Texthor this one is for you!)

I'm famous! I'm Famous !

Nimis obnoxii curare

MagusGerhardt #14 Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:45 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7422 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNoreaga, on 30 October 2016 - 11:36 AM, said:

I'm famous! I'm Famous !

Being famous in this community is like being popular in my High School where the average graduating class numbers between 20 and 25 every year.

Noreaga #15 Posted 30 October 2016 - 07:03 PM

First Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 8691 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 30 October 2016 - 01:45 PM, said:

Being famous in this community is like being popular in my High School where the average graduating class numbers between 20 and 25 every year.

I fail to see the problem with that. being known by 3 people is 3 more people that know me around the world than did before. Think i should copyright my stats?

Edited by Noreaga, 30 October 2016 - 07:05 PM.

Nimis obnoxii curare

MagusGerhardt #16 Posted 30 October 2016 - 09:22 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7422 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostNoreaga, on 30 October 2016 - 12:03 PM, said:

I fail to see the problem with that. being known by 3 people is 3 more people that know me around the world than did before. Think i should copyright my stats?

Nah, there is no problem with that.  We're a small group in Warplanes and the forums are a microcosm of that.  Everyone knows everyone.  Kind of.

Also tagged with IL-2t, Ilyushin, Guide, video, Review, TbM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users