P-47D, Aztec Eagles

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

hawkeyededic #1 Posted 21 October 2016 - 05:44 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 2874 battles

P-47D-40-RA,  Escuadrón Aéreo de Pelea 201, Fuerza Aérea Expedicionaria Mexicana, 58th FG, Porac Airfield, Luzon, Philippines, 1945.

Mexico declared war on the Axis Powers in support of the Allies on May 22, 1942, following losses of oil ships in the Gulf. The 201 Squadron name -also known as Aztec Eagles- covered all pilots, mechanics, armorers and other personnel who were trained in the United States from July 1944 onward to take part in the conflict—the unit was previously known as the Grupo de Perfeccionamiento de Aeronáutica ("Aeronautical Training Group").

On 29 December 1944, Mexico's Senate authorized these troops to be sent into combat. Founded by order 8606 of the Dirección de Aeronáutica of the Secretariat of National Defense, the unit was officially made part of the Mexican Army on 1 January 1945. Its structure was organised as Command (Mando), Command Group (Grupo de Comando), Escuadrón 201 and Reinforcement Group (Grupo de Reemplazos), to be consistent with the structure of a U.S. fighter squadron, though the unit flew with its own markings and remained under Mexican command—Colonel P.A. Antonio Cárdenas Rodríguez (1905–1969) was appointed its commander.

Trained on various bases in the U.S., at the end of their training they were reviewed by the Under Secretary of National Defense, general Francisco L. Urquizo on 23 February 1945 at Major's Field Airbase in Greenville, Texas. Due to their knowledge of Spanish and the victories in Europe the U.S. War department assigned these Mexican troops to the Pacific theater. They sailed out of San Francisco in the U.S. Navy transport Fairisle on 27 March, to aid other Allied forces in the liberation of the Japanese-occupied Philippines. On arrival in Manila on 30 April, Colonel Cárdenas was welcomed by General Douglas MacArthur, supreme Allied commander in the southwest Pacific. The FAEM was then given a base at camp Porac, Pampanga, in the Clark Field complex on the island of Luzon, forming part of 58th Fighter Group, V Fighter Command, U.S. Fifth Air Force.

FAEM's operational element—Escuadrón 201, commanded by 1° P.A. Radamés Gaxiola Andrade (1915–1966)—led 59 combat missions over Luzón and Formosa, of which 50 were deemed successful, making an efficiency of 85%, dropping 252 bombs totalling 1,000 lb (450 kg) and firing 138,652 .50 in (12.7 mm) machine gun rounds, with only five of its pilots killed in action—a high efficiency, since it was only in action from June -August 1945. At the end of the war, the FAEM returned to Mexico, where it paraded on Plaza de la Constitución in Mexico City on 18 November 1945.

Español:

México declaró la guerra a las potencias del eje en apoyo de los aliados en 22 de mayo de 1942, las siguientes pérdidas de buques de petróleo en el Golfo. El nombre de Escuadrón 201 - también conocido como Aztec Eagles - cubiertas todos los pilotos, mecánicos, armeros y demás personal que fueron entrenados en los Estados Unidos desde julio de 1944 hacia adelante para tomar parte en el conflicto, la unidad era conocida previamente como el Grupo de Perfeccionamiento de Aeronáutica .

El 29 de diciembre de 1944, Senado de México autorizó a estas tropas a ser enviados a combate. Fundada por la orden 8606 de la Dirección de Aeronáutica de la Secretaría de la defensa nacional, la unidad se hizo oficialmente parte del ejército mexicano en 01 de enero de 1945. Su estructura se organizó como mando, Grupo de Comando, Escuadrón 201 y Grupo de Reemplazos, para que sea coherente con la estructura de un escuadrón de combate de Estados Unidos, aunque la unidad voló con sus propias marcas y permanecido bajo comando mexicano — coronel P.A. Antonio Cárdenas Rodríguez (1905 – 1969) fue nombrado su comandante.

Capacitadas en varias bases en los Estados Unidos, al final de su formación que fueron repasados por el Subsecretario de la defensa nacional, general Francisco L. Urquizo en 23 de febrero de 1945 en la base aérea de campo mayor en Greenville, Texas. Debido a su conocimiento del español y las victorias en Europa la guerra de los Estados Unidos Departamento había asignado a estas tropas mexicanas en el teatro Pacífico. Navegaron fuera de San Francisco en el transporte Fairisle de la Armada de Estados Unidos el 27 de marzo, para ayudar a otras fuerzas aliadas en la liberación de las Filipinas, ocupada por los japoneses. A la llegada en Manila el 30 de abril, coronel Cárdenas fue recibido por el General Douglas MacArthur, comandante supremo aliado en el sudoeste Pacífico. La FAEM entonces fue dado una base en campamento Porac, Pampanga, en el Clark campo complejo en la isla de Luzón, formando parte de 58 Grupo del combatiente, comando del combatiente de V, los E.E.U.U. Quinto fuerza aérea. Elemento operativo FAEM, Escuadrón 201, al mando del 1° P.A. Radamés Gaxiol

Download at (Descargar en) Escuadron_201.zip  You will also need the files to remove the US markings found (Usted también necesitará los archivos para quitar las marcas de los Estados Unidos.) usa.zip

I used an online translator as I can not read or write spanish, if anyone wants to do a proper spanish translation and post it to the Spanish Forums please by all means do so.

Edited by hawkeyededic, 21 October 2016 - 05:46 PM.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Claudio67 #2 Posted 21 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15113 battles

Awesome work as always! Posted in the Spanish section.

Long time ago, no P-47s in game yet, I made this skin for the P-40 M-105 to a group of Mexican friends (who doesn't play anymore from 1.6 or so... :( )

Spoiler

Edited by Claudio67, 21 October 2016 - 06:58 PM.

hawkeyededic #3 Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:09 PM

Resident Researcher

• -Community Ace-
  • 2874 battles

View PostClaudio67, on 21 October 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

Awesome work as always! Posted in the Spanish section.

Long time ago, no P-47s in game yet, I made this skin for the P-40 M-105 to a group of Mexican friends (who doesn't play anymore from 1.6 or so... :( )

Spoiler

Thanks for posting it to the Spanish section.

I kind of remember seeing that skin at some point in the past, maybe I'm thinking of something else though, been a few years now.

Hawkeye's Hangar, your one stop spot for all my repaints. Like me on Facebook for news, updates and more.

Claudio67 #4 Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:36 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 15113 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 21 October 2016 - 04:09 PM, said:

Thanks for posting it to the Spanish section.

I kind of remember seeing that skin at some point in the past, maybe I'm thinking of something else though, been a few years now.

You're welcome!

Maybe it's the same you're thinking of, that was on March 2014 (WoWp 1.2 or 1.3 I guess)

More in progress of that

I don't know if that still works or where are those files, after many disk cleanings, changes, upgrades and so on.

Spoiler

xenofoxx #5 Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:01 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 2270 battles

Awesome post. I was reading about those aviators earlier this year.

It would be interesting if we could have an Aztec Eagles livery for the P-47, similar to how other aircraft have alternate nationality markings.

Or even a premium version of the aircraft in honor of these guys. Either would be nice.

Xenofoxx - World of Warplanes - Closed Beta Tester

Steel_bomber_ #6 Posted 21 October 2016 - 08:07 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 15340 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

+1 

very nice !

THIS PAGE
INTENTIONALLY
LEFT
BLANK

marcos757 #7 Posted 21 October 2016 - 09:07 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 4062 battles

View Posthawkeyededic, on 21 October 2016 - 11:44 AM, said:

P-47D-40-RA,  Escuadrón Aéreo de Pelea 201, Fuerza Aérea Expedicionaria Mexicana, 58th FG, Porac Airfield, Luzon, Philippines, 1945.

Mexico declared war on the Axis Powers in support of the Allies on May 22, 1942, following losses of oil ships in the Gulf. The 201 Squadron name -also known as Aztec Eagles- covered all pilots, mechanics, armorers and other personnel who were trained in the United States from July 1944 onward to take part in the conflict—the unit was previously known as the Grupo de Perfeccionamiento de Aeronáutica ("Aeronautical Training Group").

On 29 December 1944, Mexico's Senate authorized these troops to be sent into combat. Founded by order 8606 of the Dirección de Aeronáutica of the Secretariat of National Defense, the unit was officially made part of the Mexican Army on 1 January 1945. Its structure was organised as Command (Mando), Command Group (Grupo de Comando), Escuadrón 201 and Reinforcement Group (Grupo de Reemplazos), to be consistent with the structure of a U.S. fighter squadron, though the unit flew with its own markings and remained under Mexican command—Colonel P.A. Antonio Cárdenas Rodríguez (1905–1969) was appointed its commander.

Trained on various bases in the U.S., at the end of their training they were reviewed by the Under Secretary of National Defense, general Francisco L. Urquizo on 23 February 1945 at Major's Field Airbase in Greenville, Texas. Due to their knowledge of Spanish and the victories in Europe the U.S. War department assigned these Mexican troops to the Pacific theater. They sailed out of San Francisco in the U.S. Navy transport Fairisle on 27 March, to aid other Allied forces in the liberation of the Japanese-occupied Philippines. On arrival in Manila on 30 April, Colonel Cárdenas was welcomed by General Douglas MacArthur, supreme Allied commander in the southwest Pacific. The FAEM was then given a base at camp Porac, Pampanga, in the Clark Field complex on the island of Luzon, forming part of 58th Fighter Group, V Fighter Command, U.S. Fifth Air Force.

FAEM's operational element—Escuadrón 201, commanded by 1° P.A. Radamés Gaxiola Andrade (1915–1966)—led 59 combat missions over Luzón and Formosa, of which 50 were deemed successful, making an efficiency of 85%, dropping 252 bombs totalling 1,000 lb (450 kg) and firing 138,652 .50 in (12.7 mm) machine gun rounds, with only five of its pilots killed in action—a high efficiency, since it was only in action from June -August 1945. At the end of the war, the FAEM returned to Mexico, where it paraded on Plaza de la Constitución in Mexico City on 18 November 1945.

Español:

México declaró la guerra a las potencias del eje en apoyo de los aliados en 22 de mayo de 1942, las siguientes pérdidas de buques de petróleo en el Golfo. El nombre de Escuadrón 201 - también conocido como Aztec Eagles - cubiertas todos los pilotos, mecánicos, armeros y demás personal que fueron entrenados en los Estados Unidos desde julio de 1944 hacia adelante para tomar parte en el conflicto, la unidad era conocida previamente como el Grupo de Perfeccionamiento de Aeronáutica .

El 29 de diciembre de 1944, Senado de México autorizó a estas tropas a ser enviados a combate. Fundada por la orden 8606 de la Dirección de Aeronáutica de la Secretaría de la defensa nacional, la unidad se hizo oficialmente parte del ejército mexicano en 01 de enero de 1945. Su estructura se organizó como mando, Grupo de Comando, Escuadrón 201 y Grupo de Reemplazos, para que sea coherente con la estructura de un escuadrón de combate de Estados Unidos, aunque la unidad voló con sus propias marcas y permanecido bajo comando mexicano — coronel P.A. Antonio Cárdenas Rodríguez (1905 – 1969) fue nombrado su comandante.

Capacitadas en varias bases en los Estados Unidos, al final de su formación que fueron repasados por el Subsecretario de la defensa nacional, general Francisco L. Urquizo en 23 de febrero de 1945 en la base aérea de campo mayor en Greenville, Texas. Debido a su conocimiento del español y las victorias en Europa la guerra de los Estados Unidos Departamento había asignado a estas tropas mexicanas en el teatro Pacífico. Navegaron fuera de San Francisco en el transporte Fairisle de la Armada de Estados Unidos el 27 de marzo, para ayudar a otras fuerzas aliadas en la liberación de las Filipinas, ocupada por los japoneses. A la llegada en Manila el 30 de abril, coronel Cárdenas fue recibido por el General Douglas MacArthur, comandante supremo aliado en el sudoeste Pacífico. La FAEM entonces fue dado una base en campamento Porac, Pampanga, en el Clark campo complejo en la isla de Luzón, formando parte de 58 Grupo del combatiente, comando del combatiente de V, los E.E.U.U. Quinto fuerza aérea. Elemento operativo FAEM, Escuadrón 201, al mando del 1° P.A. Radamés Gaxiol

Download at (Descargar en) Escuadron_201.zip  You will also need the files to remove the US markings found (Usted también necesitará los archivos para quitar las marcas de los Estados Unidos.) usa.zip

I used an online translator as I can not read or write spanish, if anyone wants to do a proper spanish translation and post it to the Spanish Forums please by all means do so.

A reason to start over new on world of warplanes.

Thanks hawkeyededic :honoring:

[FALO] mortuus est, vivat [FALO]

former pilot
former captain
active still open world gamer

outwardpanicjoe #8 Posted 22 October 2016 - 02:03 AM

Master Sergeant

• 2435 battles
  • [SF] SF
look  great as always

raulv04 #9 Posted 22 October 2016 - 08:44 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18109 battles

Hawkeyededic, my jaw dropped to the ground! Maybe because I'm Mexican, but that's a most beautiful skin. It makes me want to download the game and get the P-47 just for the skin. It's absolutely gorgeous. A curious fact about the Mexican 201 Squadron is that they did a dive bombing mission with the P-47. Everyone knows that the Jug is not the appropriate aircraft for dive bombing for its speed, for starters. Well, these guys did it, but lost one pilot in the mission. He was caught by flak. Thanks for posting it, man.

Edit: And the 201st squadron is still operational in the Mexican Air Force, by the way. Their base is near Cancun.

Edited by raulv04, 22 October 2016 - 08:45 PM.

FreeFOXMIKE #10 Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:40 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 17410 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

had worked on that very same skin long ago but as it got archived the vids did to found some very good ones and the camp song too

https://www.youtube....h?v=UP8tcorHnZ8

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 23 October 2016 - 08:40 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

FreeFOXMIKE #11 Posted 23 October 2016 - 08:46 AM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 17410 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

a documentary on them

ok found it and one of the songs for them song for them

http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1

Edited by FreeFOXMIKE, 23 October 2016 - 09:58 AM.

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users