NC 1070 Enterprise Frog French Video Guide TbM

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 16 October 2016 - 09:36 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

The NC 1070 made quite the impact when she came to Warplanes; the first French aircraft to enter the game, she gave players renewed hope for the continued expansion of the game with the possibility of a complete French tree for at least one type of aircraft and hopefully more than one line.  The NC 1070 has been joined by two limited-release light fighters as well, so the evidence and foundation for a French national tech tree is quite solid now.

The NC 1070 is an interesting and fun aircraft to fly; equipped with eight of the bombs found on the tier III German heavy fighter, two of the cannons from the Me.262 mounted in her nose and two of the rear guns found in the 1099B-2 she is a flying arsenal bunker with the turning ability of a Citroen sedan in a world of buses and limousines.  She is very similar to the German attacker aircraft in many ways; reliance upon guns to do most of her ground target damage, long overheat and fast cooldown for said guns.  She is unable to rely upon her bombload to accomplish quick Superiority leads just like the Germans, but for different reasons.  While the Germans carry few but powerful bombs the Enterprise carries numerous weak bombs, leaving them best used for finishing off hardened targets you have already pounded with guns or using the to blast enemies off your backside.

Speaking of the rear of the Enterprise; she has a pair of 20mm cannons with a ridiculous arc of fire reaching above, below, behind and to either side of the aircraft.  Add to that firing arc a considerable amount of range (before equipment and gunner abilities are taken into account) and you have an aircraft that is just as dangerous to get behind as it is to be in front of her.  The nimbleness of the Enterprise also means it's very hard to stay out of reach of either pair of her guns unless the 1070 pilot has no clue what he's doing.

To sum up, play her as though she had Iron Crosses on her wings.  Go aggressively hunt enemy attacker aircraft in phase one of any battle.  Once some or all of them are dealt with, speed to a concentration of enemy targets and blow them up until you're out of bombs, then either scrape up what's left of soft targets with your guns, or go get back in the dogfight during phase three of the battle; your choice depending on your own preferences and needs of the team to pull off the W.

Good hunting!  :honoring:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

TeamTerrible #2 Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:00 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 44624 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Been keeping a watchful eye on our aircraft data files 

So far this is what our French line has to offer.........

ad10

cr714

nc1070

se100

spad510

vb10

MagusGerhardt #3 Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:19 PM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7455 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View PostTeamTerrible, on 16 October 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

Been keeping a watchful eye on our aircraft data files 

So far this is what our French line has to offer.........

ad10

cr714

nc1070

se100

spad510

vb10

Bolded and highlighted the ones now in game, visible on my carousel in this video.  Neat; I've now covered every French plane we can see at this time.  :great:

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

BrushWolf #4 Posted 16 October 2016 - 10:52 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10677 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
Nice! :great:  About the battle I think I would have gone after the two 11 point targets south and then west of the 22 instead, that is a mighty hard target to take out without excessive use of ordnance or the 57mm derp guns of the IL-20. I also loved the laughing while your gunner raped the attacking fighters. Tex must hate this thing even more than other GA's.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

MrE #5 Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:40 PM

Master Sergeant

• 7365 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostMagusGerhardt, on 16 October 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Bolded and highlighted the ones now in game, visible on my carousel in this video.  Neat; I've now covered every French plane we can see at this time.  :great:

well the dev did say that there will be a war cache event in November with a french plane as a prize, my guess is on the SE100

Also tagged with NC 1070, Enterprise, Frog, French, Video, Guide, TbM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users