Reload not happening - errors

Error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

15EagleKeeper #1 Posted 01 October 2016 - 12:27 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 123 battles

After being totally disgusted with the state of the game, I uninstalled and then deleted all of the C:\Games\ folders for WOWP.

Was notified that the patch was up and running and that things were somewhat better.

Tried to reinstall the game and am getting

"Tray protocol 1 is not allowed to receive host status when auto update is "default-disabled(0)"
30/09/2016 18:29:49          Exiting instance..." errors over and over.  Tried changing the destination and reinstalling - same issue.

At one point it worked installing the SD client but said to restart the game to complete the install.  Got to fly once, the game seemed to be better but when trying to start any game after that, it left me in the "Compare" window while everyone else played.

Could use some suggestions here...

ETA: - no change after turning of the AV

Larry

Attached Files

Edited by 15EagleKeeper, 01 October 2016 - 01:42 AM.

Do everything with Honor, only give your best in all you do.

TeamTerrible #2 Posted 01 October 2016 - 02:04 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

try running ccleaner 

clear you cache, and that means delete it outright

re-install

use lower graphic settings

15EagleKeeper #3 Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 123 battles
No go...  I do not even get to the point where I can alter Graphics settings any longer.  Going to uninstall and strip the Games Directory then run CCleaner again and use the registry module to clean that and see what happens later tonight.  Thanks for the thought.

TeamTerrible #4 Posted 01 October 2016 - 03:53 AM

First Lieutenant

• 230 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Post15EagleKeeper, on 30 September 2016 - 10:34 PM, said:

No go...  I do not even get to the point where I can alter Graphics settings any longer.  Going to uninstall and strip the Games Directory then run CCleaner again and use the registry module to clean that and see what happens later tonight.  Thanks for the thought.

Yeah, you need to run a search and find all WG files and remove them

Had the same issue....they cannot patch a game without multiple bugs, they are famous for bug riddled patches 

15EagleKeeper #5 Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 123 battles

Well, reinstalling after stripping the registry and running CCleaner after removing all of the wowp directories - same ending.  Will try using safe mode with networking...

Bobby_Tables #6 Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 6284 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-

If you did not uninstall too long ago, do you by any chance have a system restore point that is prior to the uninstall?  If you have the disk space, system restore can actually work quite well. 

If not, and it doesn't work again, hmmmmm......  I personally would hesitate to install Windows clean.  You could try to get your original install media and do a refresh. 

Also... Microsoft recently did a pretty large Windows upgrade for Windows 10.  If you are running Windows 10, check your updates area in the OS and see if it's been upgraded.  If not, that's also a pretty good route for resetting things on your computer that may be messed up. 

15EagleKeeper #7 Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:32 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 123 battles
Windows 7 Home Premium - 64b - got a ticket in, let's see if they fool me and provide something useful...

Also tagged with Error

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users