Nakajima Ki-27 Ki-27 Nate TbM Review Guide

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

MagusGerhardt #1 Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:16 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7682 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

Well, the Japanese Threat event is almost a week old, so I thought it was time to share the experience of the new line with everyone, if you haven't gotten a good look at the characteristics of the new aircraft.  This entry addresses the tier III Nakajima Ki-27 Nate land based Imperial Japanese Army fighter.  The model replaced the Kawasaki Ki-10 biplane and participated in the Kalkyn Ghol conflict with the USSR in 1939 as well as the second Sino-Japanese war.  The aircraft was obsolete and retired by the time the USA entered the conflict.

Strong traits on the aircraft are speed, maneuverability and altitude performance.  The thing is scary good at high altitude and will handle like a Ki-33 while in the red band and all the way down to the hard deck.  You have a choice between mounting twin 7.7mm MGs or a pair of 50 cals.  I prefer carrying the 50 cals.  The firepower is necessary if you get placed in a tier IV match and does not severely affect your ability to maneuver, though it does make you slightly less capable than a Ki-33 in that regard.

The weakest trait of this line of aircraft that I can see being a trend is low health.  The Ki-27 has five fewer health than the A5M when both are fully upgraded.  Later models in the line seem to trade firepower for speed and altitude ability while retaining excellent maneuvering.

The placement of the guns is unusual and I think lends to even better accuracy at close ranges.  The guns also have a very long endurance, even the 50cals can fire for quite a while without overheating.  

And all this is happening while you're dogfighting 109Bs at their own altitude band, or ambushing them as they dive down on someone more helpless than you.

The line is definitely worth a look when it comes out, and I wish all good luck in getting one of the line out of the supply crates.

Good hunting!  <o

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

dmarsha9 #2 Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:36 AM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 6684 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
It is fast becoming one of my favorites. When you get on someones 6 they better have help because it's hard to shake.

BrushWolf #3 Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 10781 battles
  • [GWG] GWG
I got the Ki-43-II the first night and the Ki-10 last night. Fun planes and are typical Japanese that turn on a dime and give a quarter back maneuvering and at least for the ki-43 enough firepower even when stock to be a threat to any plane it may meet. Nice video and a great job documenting a botaggedon which can and does happen though rarely even in the top tiers.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

Caecias #4 Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:34 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 8950 battles
  • [-DOW-] -DOW-
Nice review MG, thanks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users