1.9.6 Patch Update - Official Bugs and Issues Thread

• Please log in to reply
193 replies to this topic

anamals53 #101 Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:52 PM

Master Sergeant

• 693 battles

View Postwarthog914, on 24 September 2016 - 11:33 PM, said:

Well, I thought I would try it out the axis vs allies.

How long is this conflict going to last? I would like to know when I can play again.

Yawn,,,,,, some wonderful event there.... think you could just reschedule  it after you fix it ?????????

Caecias #102 Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:26 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View PostRaizei, on 23 September 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. I am currently contacting someone to try and resolve this issue again.

I will provide an update once the issue has been resolved.

View PostRaizei, on 23 September 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

To give everyone some background on this issue, I'll explain what information was available to me.

First, the event along with the hangar functionality (switches when the confrontation event happens) are all relatively new features. While it has been tested, some things can still go wrong once implemented on the live server since there may have been changes included after testing the feature has concluded. Those changes to address any issues found during testing can cause other issues such as the one we've just experienced. Since the issue is occurring at a specific time-frame from what we've discovered recently, it could have just been missed.

When the issue was resolved yesterday, they were still conducting the investigation to try and pinpoint what may be causing the issue. Since functionality was restored during the investigation, the investigation was cancelled since it was considered resolved - with players able to continue playing without any interruptions afterwards. Since it was the first day, it could have been assumed that it was just a hiccup that caused the issue but as we've discovered today, it is still happening. I was told to reopen the incident report if it happened again (which I have done as soon as I saw the post made by WafflesOfWrath).

With more information about the issue, a proper investigation will be carried out to try and address this issue rather than wait for it to be resolved again.

Thank you for staying attentive Raizei; looking forward to more greatness from you and the WG team.

dityboycom #103 Posted 25 September 2016 - 03:41 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG
Sound remains after you close the client.

BrushWolf #104 Posted 25 September 2016 - 04:01 PM

Major

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 80 battles
  • [GWG] GWG

View Postdityboycom, on 25 September 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

Sound remains after you close the client.

That has been around pretty much forever. A few seconds, maybe five.

I used to have a handle on life until it broke off.

“The church is near but the road is icy, the tavern is far away but I will walk carefully”

Russian Proverb

dityboycom #105 Posted 25 September 2016 - 06:03 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostBrushWolf, on 25 September 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

That has been around pretty much forever. A few seconds, maybe five.

they have fixed it a handful of times. Every patch it returns, unless they haven't bothered to fix it the last couple.

FIight #106 Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:16 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 5069 battles
  • [HVAR] HVAR
Until they fixed that bug im gonna switching to WOT, so annoying that every time i have to re-download the game to fix that issue. Please fix it ASAP, or return to patch 1.9.5 until it's solved completely!

Edited by Einssniper, 25 September 2016 - 11:17 PM.

Dsembr_Rein #107 Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:18 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 126 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View PostEinssniper, on 25 September 2016 - 06:16 PM, said:

Until they fixed that bug im gonna switching to WOT, so annoying that every time i have to re-download the game to fix that issue. Please fix it ASAP, or return to patch 9.15 until it's solved completely!

It's entirely a server-side problem. You can't fix it from your end. If it worked after you re-installed that's just because in the time it took you to do so the problem was fixed (for that day anyway) by the time you logged back in.

Caecias #108 Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:39 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

As of this post, the Updating Hanger... loop has returned - I can not enter the game getting past this critical issue. If this is indeed a server side issue, then I am hoping WG is staying attentive to the issue during the time-frame the issue reveals itself and is closer to a resolution.

Also, the game launcher has again returned to noting Update 1.9.5 is the current version during these loops - I believe this is a clue to what is going on.  Subsequent log-ins tonight produced the proper 1.9.6 launcher screen, but the game still loops upon entry. 

When I logged in this morning, Update 1.9.6 was displayed as the current version in the game launcher, and the hanger was stable and without any looping issues for Updating Hanger..., even if displaying some latency rendering backgrounds and planes.

Looking forward to resolving the issue so I can join the event tonight in about one hour and 10 minutes.

Edited by Caecias, 25 September 2016 - 11:50 PM.

soshootmenow #109 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:03 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

<Sigh>.....OK....Now I have the endless loop problem as well. Started yesterday but I killed the task and relaunched the game. Worked fine for a couple of hours.

Today.....Completely shot. Nothing I do gets me out of this updating hanger, select side problem. The game is now completely unusable. Unable to even exit out of it normally. Have to kill the task. Been at this for about an hour now overall. Losing the premium time I bought with my tokens (for a desperately needed xp and cred boost).

Any sort of help, advice, update, patch that is known to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated. This is really frustrating!!!

*Thankyou.

Caecias #110 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:06 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View Postsoshootmenow, on 25 September 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

<Sigh>.....OK....Now I have the endless loop problem as well. Started yesterday but I killed the task and relaunched the game. Worked fine for a couple of hours.

Today.....Completely shot. Nothing I do gets me out of this updating hanger, select side problem. The game is now completely unusable. Unable to even exit out of it normally. Have to kill the task. Been at this for about an hour now overall. Losing the premium time I bought with my tokens (for a desperately needed xp and cred boost).

Any sort of help, advice, update, patch that is known to resolve the issue would be greatly appreciated. This is really frustrating!!!

*Thankyou.

Its a server side issue friend.  Not on your end. 

DInk_Spinkley #111 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:10 AM

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-

View PostRaizei, on 23 September 2016 - 07:58 PM, said:

To give everyone some background on this issue, I'll explain what information was available to me.

First, the event along with the hangar functionality (switches when the confrontation event happens) are all relatively new features. While it has been tested, some things can still go wrong once implemented on the live server since there may have been changes included after testing the feature has concluded. Those changes to address any issues found during testing can cause other issues such as the one we've just experienced. Since the issue is occurring at a specific time-frame from what we've discovered recently, it could have just been missed.

When the issue was resolved yesterday, they were still conducting the investigation to try and pinpoint what may be causing the issue. Since functionality was restored during the investigation, the investigation was cancelled since it was considered resolved - with players able to continue playing without any interruptions afterwards. Since it was the first day, it could have been assumed that it was just a hiccup that caused the issue but as we've discovered today, it is still happening. I was told to reopen the incident report if it happened again (which I have done as soon as I saw the post made by WafflesOfWrath).

With more information about the issue, a proper investigation will be carried out to try and address this issue rather than wait for it to be resolved again.

WHat you have described is complete and utter incompetence
RIP World of Warplanes

soshootmenow #112 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:18 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH
Thanks Caesias. Also Dink_Spinkley for the post copy from Raizei....(although the incompetence part might just be a *touch overboard in this case). Either way I appreciate the info guys. I was down to checking the update and log files after reboots and trying to check my settings and video card driver/settings to see where the problem might be.

soshootmenow #113 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:25 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 32 battles
  • [335TH] 335TH

Just a thought from someone with some experience with this sort of thing.....This smells like a conflict or cache/temp file kind of issue to me. No programmer, but I see problems all day long. It just has that kind of feel to it. Anyway....just my two cents that I hope does something to help.

Thanks again guys.

LBAEZ #114 Posted 26 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 301 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
still having issues last night took over 30mins for the lagging to get thru and pick a side then it still lag another few mins to let me confirm the side I picked had to re log out  and finally it smooth out hope this helped

RedSpartacus #115 Posted 26 September 2016 - 12:32 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 0 battles
Testing code and passing it, then changing the code an implement it means the code wasn't tested.
  RUN WITH THE PACK

ScoobsTank #116 Posted 26 September 2016 - 02:06 PM

Senior Airman

• 3 battles
  • [JG52] JG52

I know several people that are having the problem with team battle stats not showing up after the battle since the .6 update.

I have attempted several different things to try an resolve it on my end.

Updated all drivers, uninstalled the game, re-installed still didnt help so i uninstalled the game and wiped everything in the appdata and re-installed still the same issue.

dityboycom #117 Posted 26 September 2016 - 04:35 PM

Colonel

• 1 battle
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostRedSpartacus, on 26 September 2016 - 08:32 AM, said:

Testing code and passing it, then changing the code an implement it means the code wasn't tested.

Bro you said the word "Test" that means it was tested and found functional.

dmarsha9 #118 Posted 26 September 2016 - 10:05 PM

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 0 battles
Got it now also(looping). Thx Persia

Caecias #119 Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:04 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• 233 battles

View Postdmarsha9, on 26 September 2016 - 05:05 PM, said:

Got it now also(looping). Thx Persia

Can confirm - looping began again.  Was fine throughout the day but is now revealing itself about 2 hours before match time for me.

DInk_Spinkley #120 Posted 26 September 2016 - 11:12 PM

• 78 battles
  • [-BFS-] -BFS-
Broken again. Big surprise.
RIP World of Warplanes

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users