Rant - You want it when?

Rant

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

FlakValleyExpress #1 Posted 13 September 2016 - 12:22 PM

Captain

• 49 battles

For the past week and half I have been busting my butt in getting a project over with in which I got “volunteer” for to do. What basically happened is my work had a change where a good PM left my company and a bad one took his spot. It was sad but expected it in the way he was being treated by upper management But that is another subject.

So the finger of fate turns towards me, however my Jedi mind trick did not work saying “This is not the droid you are look for.” Someone told upper management I did some training in the past, so they said your it. Now I have to do customer training. Along with the honor comes “what is the status?” questions every day. One of the first things I know is what are the customer requirements in meeting what they paid for in service. That is the basis to start from.

And it was here that I found that upper management was not saving any previous PowerPoint documents  in bid presentation or training documents or no one knows where they are on our computer network. I don't work on that side of the network so I can't say what is the norm. So basically, I had to prepare a 90 page document as fast as I can, because of “what is the status?” questions. Can't they say anything else?

So now I reach the point where I trimmed the 90 page document into a leaner, simpler,  55 page document with diagrams, examples, etc. I rushed and work weekends to get the document done yesterday.
I sent out my final version to the committee in getting approval of which half of them are responding like a field of crickets. So the question now is when will the training take place and how large a class?

And that was when I found out, "Oh the customer wants to put this off till next year" by the replacement project manager. WHAT? You hound me for a status and you did not check before hand?

Me when I got the news

Well at least I am prepared and now know what I am getting for a lion's den. However it still does not makes me feel any better. Well maybe this does.

1.X WoWP veteran - Airborne Scout - Class of 1.0 - Non-Russian

Vae victis

Update 2.0 - It's not a bug, it's a feature- Let's be Professional, Fix it! - Be the gold standard for MMO warplanes

"Battle is the Great Redeemer. It is the fiery crucible in which true heroes are forged. The one place where all men truly share the same rank, regardless of what kind of parasitic scum they were going in."

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #2 Posted 13 September 2016 - 02:58 PM

Captain

• 801 battles
  • [3NIC] 3NIC

and you have no pity for the engineers...

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

FreeFOXMIKE #3 Posted 13 September 2016 - 08:03 PM

G.A.T.P. (Global Alpha Test Pilot)

• 3317 battles
  • [332ND] 332ND

332 Virtual  Fighter  Group

Also tagged with Rant

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users