CCW Feedback Thread

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

pigeon_kicker #21 Posted 24 September 2016 - 01:05 PM

Second Lieutenant

• Open Beta Tester
  • 20011 battles
  • [SF] SF

Actually,  We saw alot of the clans greatly increase in stable battles during the entire 12 week run.

We have a total of 82 pilots, and 62 of them participated at one point or another.

I am no genius, but that looks like about an 80% activity average........

Edited by pigeon_kicker, 24 September 2016 - 01:05 PM.

If you want to make god laugh, tell him about your plans for survival..

Lead developer for the NACCW web site. Author of the Pigeon Pak Mod Installer

www.team-sf.com

GiN_nTonic #22 Posted 24 September 2016 - 06:56 PM

Captain

• 19668 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-

View Postpigeon_kicker, on 24 September 2016 - 01:05 PM, said:

Actually,  We saw alot of the clans greatly increase in stable battles during the entire 12 week run.

We have a total of 82 pilots, and 62 of them participated at one point or another.

I am no genius, but that looks like about an 80% activity average........

Hey PK, nothing against you or your event but I can't comment on these stats not knowing when or how they were collected.  I can only tell you we had multiple weeks of solid turn-out for games that were planned that didn't take place.  There were even a couple times where we had guys ready on a 2nd round game and due a team not showing in the 1st round our planned game didn't even occur. 

So there were 3 teams that needed to assemble, 2 teams did assemble, but due to the format the 1 team that didn't show ended up canceling all the games.  Perhaps there are ways to fix this, but there was a lot of frustration when people are moving their schedules around to play and end up not playing. 

If everyone wants to keep the same format then by all means move forward.  Everyone has a choice to make if they want to play or not.  Your time in running the event is appreciated, and my comments are simply bringing forward concerns - the point of this thread.

Edited by JlNN, 24 September 2016 - 09:41 PM.

MagusGerhardt #23 Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:46 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7682 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post0JetSPeeD0, on 23 September 2016 - 11:33 AM, said:

Stuff

Who are you, really?

No one with less than 200 battles played total would have this perspective or opinions on an event they did not participate in, or knowledge of the event history you allude to.

This was a pretty good feedback thread devoid of personal attacks until this was posted.  Have the stones to post on your main account, or GTFO of this thread.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MagusGerhardt #24 Posted 27 September 2016 - 04:27 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7682 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post0JetSPeeD0, on 26 September 2016 - 06:21 PM, said:

This is my main account.  I have no problem with you or DRACS, and I can post my opinions however I like.

You're welcome to express your opinions, in a valid forum for them.  This is a feedback thread for Community Clan Wars, meant to collect information from *participants*.

I didn't see you on any of the rosters.  So, if you're not a mask being worn to protect another account, I'll take you at your word but kindly ask you to leave this thread to its purpose of gathering information and deliberation between those who participated in this round of Clan Wars and those who officiated over it.  You have no valid feedback to offer on this subject.

If you would like that to change, I encourage you to gain membership in a clan that *is* participating or form your own clan and enter into the next round of warfare when it begins.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, Paris, 13 Nov. 1787

MagusGerhardt #25 Posted 27 September 2016 - 05:17 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7682 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post0JetSPeeD0, on 26 September 2016 - 09:45 PM, said:

i dont need to participate to see that the umpire calls a ball when the pitcher threw a strike... i call it how i see it.  besides this is a feedback thread, if someone comes in here with bad ideas, they deserve to be argued with, else the ideas may be used in future events and it is crap for everyone.  whiners complaining about clans cooperating and trying to get rules changed so they can keep making bad decisions and then win is lame.

I think I and others made that point quite well without your post that was just personal attacks and character assassination.  Did what you say happen in the past?  Maybe; I don't care, as it didn't occur here in this event.

Again, the point was debated very well and with quite a bit more dignity before you made your addition to it.

MagusGerhardt #26 Posted 28 September 2016 - 03:06 AM

Horten Test Pilot

• -Community Ace-
  • 7682 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS

View Post0JetSPeeD0, on 26 September 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

i think we can all agree that this is a public forum to be used publicly.

Yes, I agree.  Asking you to get out of the thread was an over reaction on my part, that was out of line and out of character for me and I apologize.  My main point, that discounting a particular clan leader's opinion with a character attack is not likely to take the thread in a good direction and that such statements are out of place in an official feedback thread on the event.  What you offered was about a clan leader and his clan's actions in said event.  The focus here isn't on them, but the event itself.

this is not personal attacks

I disagree, but at the best it is speculation.

its just a statement of fact. if a clan does poorly is it a personal attack to say they did poorly?  if a clans leadership makes bad decisions, is it a personal attack to say they made bad decisions?  should a clan be rewarded for doing poorly and making bad decisions? should their feedback be heard? is this world of political correctness? or clan wars.

Facts are facts, that is true.  The problem was in the delivery.  If I was bothered by the message, as a party who the statements didn't apply to, how do you think it would be taken by the clan leader you were addressing?  Or a member of his clan?  Would the response induced from them be likely to take the thread in a positive direction and further broaden the amount of feedback gained on the event?  It's not political correctness.  I wasn't "triggered" by any phrase or word you used.  This is acting like gentlemen in an event thread, perhaps in the hope that it would increase the likelihood of a WG Clan Wars payout. 

I believe that Wraith's feedback should be heard.  The concerns raised I disagree with, but I'll have the discussion of why I think that way rather than discount the message entirely just because of who the messenger is.  By the same token, I think your opinions on the event are valid things for posting and discussing here as well.

Anyway... its 11 and I need my beauty sleep, I will follow orders and GTFU

It is actually good that someone not involved in the event was following up on it.  Hope you don't stay out if you have something to say/suggest about this or future events.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users