What is with all the sealclubbing?!

• Please log in to reply
90 replies to this topic

MelBrooks #81 Posted 07 March 2017 - 05:46 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 29901 battles
  • [DRACS] DRACS
It still can be fun. The current design of first person shooters and combat games ( respawn, campaign modes, auto save ) are a negative for this game. Thus the invention of conquest mode in closed public testing. It's a personal choice and a personal preference. Personally, I have enjoyed the basic platform of WoWP ( one and done, small margin error to survive and win ) while others do not. Neither viewpoint is wrong, neither is right. The gaming world dictates to the companies like WG whether their titles will be successful or not by simply playing the game. WoWP was not ruined by three man flights, seal clubbers, MM or anything else. It lost any market share it had to the general design and paradigm differences it had to other combat games in general. It is a title in it's current state that does not appeal to majority of gamers out there enjoying combat arcade/sim platforms. Purists of the WoWP community, like me, will always be frustrated with lost hopes and promises that this game missed. Change is coming, like it or not. 

Edited by MelBrooks, 07 March 2017 - 05:54 PM.

Ace_BOTlistic_Cosmo #82 Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:00 AM

Second Lieutenant

• 20208 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

Oh... yes it is

as it was written

if the pilot's good, see, I mean, if he's really..sharp, he can barrel that baby in so low [he spreads his arms like wings and laughs],

you oughtta see it sometime, it's a sight. A big plane like a '52. VRROOM! There's jet exhaust, fryin' chickens in the barnyard.

Jyarbro28 #83 Posted 31 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

Master Sergeant

• 11253 battles
  • [VULCN] VULCN

Yes, daily missions encourages sealclubbing. It would be nice is T1-2 (maybe even 3) were reserved for true new players. Or players with more than some number of games don't get matched against players with fewer than 50...100...something.

Having said all that, sometimes you can't get a match at a higher than T3 game. Wait time exceeds 4-5 minutes, there isn't a way to play higher tiers.

And rarely have I seen salt in planes. Yes, there was that 1 time flying t8s I think, some of the long time players were having a multigame snit and since they kept showing up in battles against each other it was pretty heated, but nothing like you regularly saw in tanks.

mullyman #84 Posted 31 March 2017 - 03:42 PM

Command Chief Master Sergeant

• 26592 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK
????
Havent waited 4-5 mins in over 2 years............
mullyman.png

RedSpartacus #85 Posted 31 March 2017 - 04:58 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

Yup, longest waiting time for me is around 3 minutes. But when I login there are 400-500 players online and the chances being 1 human against 1 human in top tiers is really high. Seems the majority sticks in tier 8.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Psicko23 #86 Posted 31 March 2017 - 06:24 PM

First Lieutenant

• 18606 battles
  • [-WS-] -WS-
I haven't played in several months, but I used to play mostly t8 and above, with the exception of my daily missions to get tokens. Sometimes there are a good amount of people in t8 and above, other times there isn't. When the game was 15vs15 humans, there were games I knew I was going to lose, but I still had fun. I can see how new people today would get bored of getting stomped. There are a few in this thread that would whoop me, but over time i got better and gave them some whoopings. Ask the veterans for help, we will give it provided you actually listen and employ it. If you ignore it, we with help you anymore. 

AmericanKestrel #87 Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

Senior Master Sergeant

• Closed Beta Tester
  • 19932 battles
  • [-ES-] -ES-

If you are trying to complete the daily missions you got to fly and complete the three different tier classifications, 1 - 4, 5 - 7, and 8 - 10.  It would be interesting to have different tier(s) break out for the dailys depending on the number of battles you have completed.  As an example, over 5,000 battles your three tiers would be 4 - 6, 7 - 8, and 9 -10; over 10,000 battles, tiers 7, 8 and 9, and over 15,000 battles tiers 8, 9 and 10.   I think this would also encourage players to work towards getting tier 10 aircraft.

Flying the lower tiers is sometimes fun and a nice change of pace; however, the points you earn are really small compared to the higher tiers. 

hardy_noob #88 Posted 26 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

Senior Airman

• 1968 battles
  • [HLBL] HLBL

O.k. - i understand. Doing daily mission in low tier is no sealclubbing.

If a wing of BF110B-Pilots from an wellknown clan with each of them more than 4000 battles with a winrate of more than 80% only on this plane flys again and again in the red team to kill a noob like me in less than 30 sec. they are only doing their daily mission. That must be a very hart mission. Have i understand that corrcectly?

So what can i learn from those battles ? Oh i see: better stop playing T4 and go to T 3 may be is the answer. But if i have done this i find another wing with two FW-57 or F3F. 

That becomes boring for me so i often stop the hole playing. Was i only unlucky on that days or what else could be the reason?

Who has an answer to so many noob-quetions?
-

Edited by hardy_noob, 26 April 2017 - 01:26 PM.

As Yoda would say: "A long way to become a Jedi it is, but a good Padawan being helps."

mullyman #89 Posted 26 April 2017 - 01:56 PM

• 26592 battles
  • [WHAWK] WHAWK

View Posthardy_noob, on 26 April 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

O.k. - i understand. Doing daily mission in low tier is no sealclubbing.

If a wing of BF110B-Pilots from an wellknown clan with each of them more than 4000 battles with a winrate of more than 80% only on this plane flys again and again in the red team to kill a noob like me in less than 30 sec. they are only doing their daily mission. That must be a very hart mission. Have i understand that corrcectly?

So what can i learn from those battles ? Oh i see: better stop playing T4 and go to T 3 may be is the answer. But if i have done this i find another wing with two FW-57 or F3F. 

That becomes boring for me so i often stop the hole playing. Was i only unlucky on that days or what else could be the reason?

Who has an answer to so many noob-quetions?
-

​Try moving to a different tier to avoid the "clowns"
mullyman.png

RedSpartacus #90 Posted 26 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

Second Lieutenant

• 17318 battles
  • [GW__S] GW__S

When you run into a good flight and get killed within 30 seconds, go back to hangar, grab another plane of the same tier and drop again.

Chances to run into the same flight are 0%.

RUN WITH THE PACK

Omega_Weapon #91 Posted 26 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

• 10360 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostRedSpartacus, on 26 April 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

When you run into a good flight and get killed within 30 seconds, go back to hangar, grab another plane of the same tier and drop again.

Chances to run into the same flight are 0%.

Not just advice for noobs either. I use that one myself pretty often.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users